Girl friend

More Than Best Friends | New Year's Special

 

 

The next day at school.

Chaeyoung kept tailing me around for the whole day but I just ignored her and didn't bother talking to her. She was practically begging me to talk to her and she wanted to explain what happened last night.

I don't want to remember it but it keeps flashing on my mind. It still hurts the out of me. She chose Taehyung and I will accept it. I'm not mad but most likely, I'm hurt that's why I'm acting like this. She even forgot our dinner for that guy, maybe she loves him that much.

I can't talk to her right now. The pain is too much to bear when I see her. It brings back what happened last night.

I sighed as our last class ended. My classmates are always excited to go home as they rush out. 

I took my bag and about to leave when Chaeyoung blocked my way.

"Please Lisa... hear me out..." She pleaded with her puppy eyes.

It won't work though. Not this time.

"Leave me alone..."

I tried to walk away but she held my arm "No. We need to talk Lisa," she sternly said.

I shoved my arm away from her "There's no need to talk Chaeyoung. I understand, it's okay," I dryly said.

Chaeyoung frowned "Lisa... I'm sorry about the dinner. It totally slipped my mind." Fudge. She admitted it. I felt something was squeezing my stomach.

"It's fine, I understand."

"Are you mad?" She asked.

"No," I simply answered.

"I'm sorry-"

"I said it's fine. Now let me go home," I said.

"I don't like this Lisa. I don't like us to be like this. You're acting different and I feel like you're getting far from me," Chaeyoung blurted out and she looked like she would cry any moment.

"Just give me time Chaeyoung."

"What time? I don't understand. I know it's bad that I forgot our dinner but you just said that you're not mad about it. I don't understand... enlighten me please," she seemed upset and confused. 

She has no idea that I'm hurt. She's being insensitive now.

"You hurt me, out of all people, I thought you wouldn't." I swallowed silently. "But it's not your fault, not your intention... so like I just said, it's fine," I reiterated.

"I-I hurt you?" She stuttered. "Huh?"

"Let's stop this now Chaeyoung. Stop the act and stop playing around. It's time to fish or cut the bait."

Suddenly, Jisoo entered our classroom "Chaeyoung congrats! You and Taehyung are dating huh? You accepted his confession last night."

That made sense. Now I know.

I bitterly smiled "Congratulations."

Chaeyoung frowned more "H-how did you know that?"

"Everyone here in the campus knows it. It's a big news, Taehyung's friends spread the news," Jisoo informed.

So they are official.

"Really? Congrats Chaeyoung!" Jennie butted in as she put an arm on my shoulders.

I looked at Jennie and about to cry.

Jennie got the signal "We better go now, right Lisa?"

I nodded.

"What? You can't go with her Lisa. We need to talk," Chaeyoung firmly said. She sounded jealous or something.

"We need to continue our bonding last night so please excuse us," Jennie said.

"You were together last night?" Chaeyoung asked dubiously.

"Yes, and obviously, Lisa doesn't want to talk to you so please give her some space," Jennie bluntly said.

Chaeyoung scowled "What did you say?"

"I don't want to repeat it. Now... let me and my girl friend go," Jennie said being a .

"Girlfriend?" Chaeyoung's eyes widened and she looked hurt.

"Yes, girl friend. Excuse us," Jennie said as she dragged me out of the classroom.

Chaeyoung didn't follow us and I sighed in relief.

"Girlfriend?" I raised a brow.

Jennie winked at me "Don't look at me like that. And it's girl SPACE friend. Girl friend. If she misunderstood it, I don't care."

"You're such a smartass," I commented.

"Why thank you, and I'm happy to help Lisa," she smiled.

Jennie is really a good friend. 

I'm glad that I met her and I know our friendship will last forever.

 

 

 

×