Another Friend

More Than Best Friends | New Year's Special

 

 

 

I'm walking with my friend Jisoo at the park near our campus. Yes, I have other friends. Not only Chaeyoung.

"You know, I think Chaeyoung likes Taehyung," Jisoo said unexpectedly.

"How come?"

"I saw them together and they were very close."

Chaeyoung is close to everyone, it's not surprising but it bothers me somehow.

I tried to act cool "Good for her," I said uninterested.

Anyway... I don't care if Chaeyoung likes that guy, I know that she's straight.

"Are you mad?"

I shook my head, no.

"You're really good at hiding your feelings Lisa," she assumed.

I glared at her "Yeah yeah Ahjumma."

"Ahjumma?" She asked offended. "We're just the same age in this story," she murmured.

"Mweo?" 

"Nothing. But seriously, why won't you date Chaeyoung?" She insisted.

I puffed my cheeks then blew harshly "Are you serious?"

"Yes, do I look like I'm kidding?"

"Yes, you always do," I retorted.

Her forehead creased "Of course I'm serious."

"Then you're crazy," I accused. "Chaeyoung is my BEST FRIEND," I emphasized the last two words.

"Convince yourself then," Jisoo said as she crossed her arms.

I rolled my eyes. What is she talking about? She's getting under my skin.

"You know, I hate seeing your face. Can you get rid of it?" I insulted.

Jisoo opened like a fish and looked at me in disbelief "How can I do that? Your face is annoying, you should get rid of it too."

"Ya... that's my line!" I exclaimed.

Jisoo shrugged nonchalantly "Line your face!"

I groaned and pulled my hair. We're always like this. We always fight. She won't let me win, she always want to match with me. That's Kim Jisoo.

"By the way, thanks for sharing your homework." She said not looking at me. 

I cringed instantly "Ya! It's cringey. Not so you. Stop it." 

Jisoo is a working student so I understand that most of the time, she forgets to do our homework. 

"Lisa ya!" Someone called me.

. I know that voice very well.

"Lalisa!!!" Chaeyoung clung to my arm "Are you two dating?" She asked pouting.

Jisoo smiled as she held my other arm as well "Yes we are."

"No! Lisa is mine!" Chaeyoung claimed.

"She's mine!" Jisoo said as she yanked my arm. I knew, she was just teasing Chaeyoung.

"Can you just leave me alone?" I asked irritated. I tried to snatch my arms from them but it was futile.

"No!" They said at the same time.

I sighed and shook my head.

"Chaeyoung doesn't really like Taehyung," Jisoo whispered to me.

But Chaeyoung heard it "Me like Taehyung? What do you mean?"

"I told Lisa that you like him," Jisoo answered right away.

"I don't like him, he's just a friend," Chaeyoung informed.

"Of course you don't! Obviously, you like Lisa." Jisoo teased as she waggled her eyebrows.

I couldn't help but to blush hearing that.

"I don't like Lisa," Chaeyoung said blankly.

I looked at her and frowned. Oh fudge, that hurts a lot.
That was a swift punch on my stomach and almost made me puke.

Chaeyoung doesn't like me. It kept ringing on my head.

"Really?" Jisoo asked shocked. She glanced at me, she seemed guilty for insisting it.

But again, I tried to act cool. No emotion to show but deep inside, I'm hurt and I wanted to shout and let it out. Maybe later.

Chaeyoung is unfair. I already knew that she's just playing around but it hurts when the reality hit me.

Chaeyoung nodded "I don't like Lisa because I love her," she clarified.

I gulped.

All the negative feelings were forgotten immediately. What the heck?

"I knew it," Jisoo said as she nudged me.

Chaeyoung giggled as she put her chin on my shoulder while she was still clinging to my arm.

"I love her, she knows it," Chaeyoung repeated.

I smiled a bit, not wanting to show much emotion though I'm happy, indeed. She's good with words.

Chaeyoung knows how to make me happy.

After all, we're best friends.

 

 


×