Not me

More Than Best Friends | New Year's Special

 

 

I've been waiting Chaeyoung for almost 3 hours at the park near our house. I guess, she won't make it here.

I'm ready to confess that I love her too. I thought about it a lot and now, I decide to give us a chance.

But she's not here, I just thought it's now or never.

I waited for hours but I haven't received anything from her yet. No calls or texts.

I'm starting to get worried. Did she forget that we have a dinner? Nah. We talked about this and it's not so her. She won't let me down.

I'm sitting on the bench and I shivered a bit, the wind is getting colder. Well, it's almost 10 pm.

I sighed "What happened to her?" I asked myself as I glanced at my wristwatch.

I sighed then I looked around and I saw this familiar girl walking, she also noticed me and her eyes widened "Lisa?!"

I smiled "Jennie? What are you doing here?" She was the last person I had expected to see here.

Jennie smiled as she walked to me "I live here. I mean, our house is near from here. I just bought drinks from the convenience store, you know at 7," she lifted her plastic bag to show me.

I nodded "Oh really? So you're our neighbor huh?"

Jennie sat next to me "Cool then. What are you doing here?"

I hugged myself "I'm waiting for someone." I'm still wearing my uniform and I don't have coat.

"Don't tell me it's Chaeyoung, I heard that you have dinner right?" Jennie said as her forehead creased.

I merely nodded.

She gasped "It's already late, where is she?!"

I shrugged "I don't know."

"And you're still waiting for her?" Jennie asked in disbelief. "You really love her. Wow. She's lucky," she said amused.

I slumped my shoulders being hopeless "But we're not really together Jennie, we're best friends."

Jennie frowned "What the heck? I thought you were a couple? Geez. That girl is head over heels in love with you!" She exclaimed.

"Do you think she loves me for real?"

"Heck yes Lisa! It's obvious."

I smiled contented hearing that from others. It's not only me that noticed it.

"Did you already call her?" She asked.

I shook my head.

Jennie facepalmed "Call her you little nut."

I did as I was told. I called Chaeng and she quickly answered.

"Hello?"

"Where are you Chaeng?"

"Sorry... um... let's talk tomorrow Lisa. I'm kinda... busy right now."

Huh? Did she forget our dinner?

"Where are you?" I asked again.

"I'm at Taehyung's house."

"What are you doing there?!" I asked irritated. Like what the fudge? Seriously?

"It's none of your business Lisa. I'm sorry but I gotta go." 

Ohhh... so this is happening huh? How could she say that to me? Just because she's with that guy! Really Chaeng? How could you do this to me? I want to say that to her but I can't.

"You forget our dinner?" Tears are threatening to fall down. Don't cry Lisa! I encouraged myself.

"Huh? What dinner?" She paused for a moment. "Oh -"

"It's okay Chaeyoung, bye."

"Lisa-"

I hang up the phone then I took a deep breath. For some reasons, I forgot to breathe properly.

How could she forget our dinner? I can't believe it.

"Lisa... what happened?" Jennie asked concerned as she held my arm.

Tears keeps streaming down my cheeks like an open faucet. I can't handle my emotions right now, it's so heavy.

My phone starts vibrating, someone's calling me and it shows Chaeyoung's name.

I sniffled hard as I put my phone in my bag. How could she do this to me? And she chose him over me.

Maybe she really likes Taehyung. How nice.

Oh yeah? She's straight. How could I forget that? I'm such an to think that everything she showed was real. . She's just playing around. 

We're best friends. That's all we could be, nothing more.

"Chaeyoung is on a date with this guy... she's at his house. I knew it, I'm so dumb. She doesn't really love me Jennie and she's straight." I wiped my tears but it keeps falling down.

"What? Is that for real?" Jennie frowned deeply. "I can't believe it."

"We're just best friends," I stood up.

Jennie also stood up "But you love her. That ."

My emotions subsided "I know."

"Do you want to drink?" She lifted the plastic bag. "I have some beers," she reminded.

Unexpectedly, my stomach grumbled. We both heard it and it's kinda embarrassing.

Jennie giggled "But you need to eat first. You must be hungry for waiting here."

"I guess."

Jennie clung to my arm "Okay... let's have dinner together then we will drink." She started dragging me.

"You haven't eaten anything yet?" I asked.

She shook her head "I already have dinner but I will eat again. Mweo? Is there a problem?"

I smiled a bit, she's cute.

"Why are you smiling? Wae kurae?"

I shook my head "Where are we going?"

"I don't know. Do you want to go to our house or yours?" She asked as we keep walking.

I shook my head again. She's funny too.

"Okay let's just go to our house because my mom will be worried to me," she settled for good.

And it's completely fine with me. My parents are on business trip so no worries.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Great! Let's drink beers and forget everything! Let's celebrate being heartbroken!" She shouted as she put an arm on my shoulders.

We became buddies all of a sudden.

I even chuckled at her behavior and I almost forgot what just happened.

Almost.

And it really hurts me like .

You're really delusional Lisa if you thought that your best friend liked you.

Chaeyoung never did, never does and never will. Keep that as your mantra from now on.



 

×