New Friend

More Than Best Friends | New Year's Special

 

 

I was sitting on the school bench because I was an hour earlier before the classes start.

I sighed. I was still embarrassed of what happened. I passed out when Chaeyoung kissed me. I could still remember clearly how it felt like, it was a great experience but why did I need to faint like that? I missed the opportunity to enjoy my first kiss. Damn. to .

And I thought Chaeyoung would use it against me, she would make fun of me because of it.

I sighed heavily and slumped my shoulders.

"You look problematic huh?" An unfamiliar voice said.

How dare this person approached me?

I glared at her but it faded quickly when I saw this girl. She was beautiful and I guessed, she was new here.

"Feisty?" She giggled slightly.

I just remained silent and stared at her.

She sighed "Okay. I'm new here okay... I'm a transfer student from abroad. I'm kinda lost here. Do you know this room?" She said as she handed me her schedule note.

I took it and read.

Geez. She's my classmate! How lucky I am. Heard the sarcasm?

I nodded "I know this room," I handed back her schedule note.

"Really? Can you please give me directions to go there?" She asked nicely. She seemed relieved.

I stood up "No," I said being indifferent.

She frowned "Huh?"

"I will go with you. We're in the same class," I informed her.

She smiled widely showing her perfect set of white teeth "Good then... My name is Kim Jennie," she offered a hand to shake.

Very American. I thought.

I gladly took it and  shook our hands "The name is Lalisa Manoban but you can call me Lisa."

We both let go of each others' hands.

"Foreign name. Where you from?" She asked curiously.

I began to walk and she followed me.

"I'm from Thailand," I simply answered.

Jennie walked next to me "That's cool. I've been there before, in Bangkok."

I didn't respond to her and remained silent. I know it's kinda rude but she's a stranger.  I don't talk to stranger that much.

As we entered the building, many students were glancing at us. Maybe because of Jennie, she was very attractive. 

I couldn't blame them for staring at her.

I glanced at her and she looked cool, she didn't mind the people who were looking at her unlike me, I was conscious, completely aware of everything.

"What's wrong with them? Is this the first time they see a transfer student?" Jennie asked kinda annoyed.

I smiled a bit, she was like me.

"Just don't mind them," I said.

"True, I don't care." Obviously, she was an assertive cool girl.

Then I entered the room and she followed "Here's our classroom."

"Thank you Lisa," she smiled. "In return, I'll treat you lunch," she offered.

Free food? "Sure, if you insist."

"Of course, I insist."

"Ya... Lisa!" Chaeyoung approached me. "I went to your house but you already left." She whined like a child. She was also pouting, it was cute though.

But I moved away keeping my distance from Chaeyoung, I couldn't control my emotion when she was near me. How did that happen? Ugh.

"Umm... Lisa? I'll just talk to you later," Jennie excused herself.

I nodded "Lunch time."

"Wait... lunch? But we're eating lunch later Lisa," Chaeyoung interjected.

"I'm sorry Chaeng but I'll go with Jennie."

Chaeyoung frowned then looked at Jennie "Jennie?"

Jennie smiled "I'm Kim Jennie, a transfer student and Lisa's new friend." She slightly bowed to Chaeyoung.

"I'm Park Chaeyoung, Lisa's best friend," Chaeyoung said as she bowed her head as well as a sign of respect.

Jennie looked indifferent. She quickly put her mask on, she had her face and her attitude stayed faintly aloof.

"And for your information, Lisa is mine," Chaeyoung added as she folded her arms.

Jennie raised her eyebrows, she seemed amused than being shocked "Really?"

I intervened "Don't mind her Jennie."

"But it's true, we just kissed the other day right?" Chaeyoung blurted out.

My eyes widened. Why did she bring it up? Fudge.

"Wow. Lesbians." Jennie was surprised but she didn't seem against it. "I thought Korea was kinda sensitive about this matter. I'm glad to see a lesbian couple."

"You're not against it?" I asked curiously.

Jennie shook her head "Of course not because I'm also into girls," she winked at me. "Too bad, you're already taken Lisa. I guess, I have this little crush on you," she suddenly confessed.

I just gaped at her and blushed. I was speechless, she was bold and open.

"Excuse me?" Chaeyoung reddened. She was mad, I could tell.

"Don't be jealous Chaeyoung, I won't do anything. I will support you guys and I hope we can all be friends," Jennie cheerfully said.

"Good, now everything's clear," Chaeyoung said still being hard on Jennie.

"Later Lisa," Jennie winked at me before she went in front of the classroom.

I heard Chaeyoung groaned then I looked at her.

"She likes you," she said as her jaw tightened.

"We're just friends."

"But you're nice to her, you treat her differently," she pouted.

"How come? And You told me that I should try to hangout with others. Now, I'm trying okay?" I reminded her.

"Do you like her?" Chaeyoung asked worried.

"Yes," I simply answered.

Chaeyoung became sad and she was about to cry.

"I only like her as a friend," I clarified before she misunderstood it.

She blinked fast processing what I said.

"And nothing more," I added as I smiled at her. "Let's just have a dinner later, 'kay?"

Chaeyoung grinned and nodded vigorously "Sure Lisa!" She squealed then hugged me.

I sighed.

I couldn't help it, I had to ask her on a date.

This feeling was getting stronger and I wanted to make us official.

 

Ugh. I don't know what I'm saying.

 

 

×