A Day In The Ski Resort

In The Skiing Lift
Please log in to read the full chapter

As they entered the skiing resort, they saw a lot of people walking towards a ski shop just sitting next the entrance of the resort. “Alright! We're already here!” cheered Seulgi. “I know! I'm excited to ski!” Wendy grinned as they towards the ski shop. “Now, we should be divided into pairs once we got to the skiing lifts.” DK told them while walking towards the skiing board section while the others are also examining the other skiing equipments. “Alright! I'll take Seulgi as my partner!” Hayoung grabbed the bear's arm and hugged it like a koala hugging it's tree. “Alright,” Seulgi sighed while rolling her eyes exhasperately. “I'll go with Wendy!" Hoshi hopped towards his fellow hamster and tried to hug her. But Wendy quickly avoid it, causing the hamster to almost lose his balance.

“Aw~” Hoshi cutely pouted while his fellow hamster ignored him. “Hoshi-yah,” DK went near to his friend, dragging his face a little closer to Hoshi's ear. “You should make Wendy and Irene together.” whispered DK inaudibly. Then Hoshi smirked a little and nodded eagerly. “Alright,” Hoshi whispered back with a giggle. “Ok then, I'll pair up with DK.” Hoshi told Wendy while giving DK a smirk. Chanyeol knew what they're doing and decided to join them. “Oh really? Then I'll ride the skiing lift by myself. I just like being alone, avoiding these noisy pests—”

“We're not pests!” Seulgi gave the puppy a glare and smacked his head violently, which made all of them laugh and cackle at them. “Anyways, let's go now and buy some ski tickets. We're just wasting our time here.” said Chanyeol as they all nodded and went to the counter to get some tickets.

 

* * *

 

After they took their tickets for the lift, they excitedly ran out of the shop and walked to the skiing lift. “Alright, go with your pairs now!” Chanyeol told them as all of them went to their pairs while hugging himself happily. Wendy and Irene noticed that they were already with their pairs and looked at each other awkwardly.

Wendy sighed silently and gave them a deadly glare. None of them dared to even walk near her when Seulgi is the only one who approached her.

“I'll give you ₩700 if you pair with her.” Seulgi whispered as Wendy sighed again but it's loud enough for them to hear. “Fine,” Wendy rolled her eyes and turned her head to Irene, giving her a small smile. “First pair!” Chanyeol yelled as he pushed Hayoung and Seulgi to the first skiing lift.

“Second pair!” DK as Hoshi went to the second lift and rode it. “And me,” Chanyeol grinned as he rode the lift by his own, leaving Irene and Wendy alone, waiting for the fourth skiing lift. “Ugh,” Wendy looked down at the snowy ground while scratching her head, trying to say something to Irene. “So is it your first time skiing here?” Irene asked Wendy with her slightly shaking voice. The shy hamster turned her head to the bunny and shook her head no. Wendy opened to say something when they saw a vacant ski lift gliding towards them. Irene and Wendy immediately rode the lift and continued their conversation.

“Well, I've already ski since I was little.” answered Wendy with her head shyly looking down at her fingers. “Really? Oh…” Irene stuttered a little while looking down at the people skiing down a snowy hill. “Why? Are you nervous?” Wendy asked as she curiously looked at her crush. Irene didn't answer because her expression looks nervous. ‘Is she feeling cold?’ Wendy thought, starting to observe Irene if there are any hints of her shivering.

As they landed on the top of the hill, they went out of the lift and saw their friends squealing and giggling while looking at them. Wendy knows what they're giggling and squealing at and it's because she and Irene just went to the lift together. “Come on now, ya'll just wasting your time here.” Wendy rolled her eyes as she wore her skiing equipments. “Alright,” They all shrugged while wearing their equipments also. “Woah, Hoshi, help me—AHH!!!” DK screamed as Hoshi caught him in time. “Chill, don't wear your skis yet. You must call me first.” Hoshi told DK as he helped him stand up.

Wendy finished wearing the equipments when she noticed Irene struggling for wearing her skis. She wanted to help her but maybe her friends will make fun of her. But her other thought says otherwise. ‘Why do you care about that? You should help her. She'll be seeking more help once you helped her.’ Wendy's mind told her.

‘Well, no, because maybe they'll just bully you about—’

‘No! That's bad! Irene's your crush and you're just going to ignore her like that? Tsk tsk…’

Wendy sighed to stop the arguments that her mind made. So she just chose to 'sacrifice' herself for her crush. She doesn't care on getting teased and bullied anymore so she approached her with slow, reluctant, steps. Meanwhile, Hayoung, who is standing beside Seulgi a few feet away from Wendy, saw her and noticed that she was going to approach Irene. So the girl punched Seulgi's shoulder violently, causing the bear to wince in pain.

“Aish! What are you—”

“Look!” Hayoung pointed to Wendy, who is already standing in front of Irene, and squealed at the sight. Seulgi stopped from being sulky and watched them from afar with a smirk. “Do you need help?” Wendy asked without even hesitating, which made herself proud. Irene looked at the hamster with a small pout and nodded. “Yeah, I can't put these on.” replied Irene with an upset tone. “Don't worry, I'll help you.” Wendy smiled as she sat on the snow and help Irene to wear her skis. The bunny looked at her and smiled a little, which made the others squeal at the moment.

“O

Please log in to read the full chapter