Fight-or-Flight

I Read Your Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author's POV:

 

 

Taeyeon felt her head spinning around while walking against heavy blizzard and thick snow that covered the ground in her knee length. The woman was chasing her not far behind. It's just lucky she was so quick to sprint and reach the door to escape from this nightmare.

 

She got frightened.

Really terrified.

This is between life and death.

 

Her foot kept on getting stuck in the thick snow, which delays her movement quite a lot. It was so hard to make a big gap from the woman who shares some scary stuff which her brain refused to process.

 

"Unnie!"

 

She felt like she got into one of Stephen King's thriller movies or TV series. She wonders if Misery or Storm of the Century was a real deal?

 

The woman scared her so much. She's like Annie Wilkes. The main character from Misery. No wonder the woman was a bit scary from the beginning when she met her, she thought. The woman was so eager to push her inside the house, although she's just some stranger. The woman saved her life only to share some crazy theory to her.

 

Crazy, crazy theory which is very hard for her to believe. The woman must be crazy.

 

Crazy!

 

Her body shivers. Obviously, her feet cannot tolerate the ice-cold ground. And her sweatshirt and sweatpants can’t protect her enough from the snowstorm. Despite that, she really wants to go back to her café or house. By hook or by crook, she must go back now.

 

All of this is just a nightmare to her. She might be still stuck in her long dream. When she wakes up, everything will be alright. She prays hard for that. Disregarding the slap and pinch she did a hundred times in the woman's bedroom before. She really wants to believe this is only a dream. A long and crazy dream like the TV series Storm of the Century that she spent four hours of watching. This dream is just like that. It's a long dream that divided into a few episodes. Because... frankly to say, she cannot believe she has been missing for twenty years like what the woman claimed.

 

The woman must have a psychotic episode. She's sick. And sadly, she's not a professional and unfit to handle a situation like this when she got scared herself.

 

It creeps her out when the woman professed, she is the teen or young girl that she met just yesterday.

 

How can that possible?

It's impossible!

 

The woman must have witnessed what happened in her café when the young girl kissed her. It could only explain how she knew about she had been kissed by the teen in her café.

 

Or if not...

 

She's a psychic. She has some ability to see something from a touch or whatsoever.

 

Or if not again...

 

It must be the cold and snow that makes them gone crazy. The weather. Yes, why not? Like the Mist, another novel by Stephen King. The air made people go nuts. This must be it. Must be it, Taeyeon thought.

 

"This is o-only a d-dream."

 

She murmured inaudibly instead of screaming the five words out loud. The cold is so intense. Like a sharp-invisible blade just tore her skin alive to feel the strong gush of wind. She couldn't stand it. Her eyes can't see nothing. It suddenly becomes too dark. The woman must put something in her coffee. Because she felt like she was about to pass out right now. She becomes breathless, loss her hearing, and becomes so dry.

 

Just when she wants to drag her right foot forward, a hand of someone pulls her body backward. They kind of aggressive. She knew at that very moment of time her nightmare jumps to the next episode. The woman caught her! There's no escape. She felt like she wanted to pee right there when she can’t scream or react physically to the woman’s advance by bringing her back inside of the house that she tried to free herself.

 

Before she could frighten herself more with other thoughts, she felt the torture to the agonizing cold temperature slowly gone. The woman just slammed the door right in front of her face to keep the cold air away from them. A second later, the woman turns her body around in one quick motion to give her a tight and comforting hug that her body needs. Her psychological response just died instantly to hear the woman who pants tiredly near to her ear. It must be a hell of an experience that she gave to the woman to save her another time from the crazy storm. As such, there's no fight-or-flight response in this kind of situation to her anymore. She didn't push the woman like what her scared mind expected her to do. Instead, she encircled her arms around the woman's slim waist shamelessly. She admits that it felt so nice to share the woman's warm body and to stay like that to kill the coldness that she couldn't stand.

 

It’s been awhile they stood like that.

Silence.

Pure silence.

 

They stay in silent just like when they were together in the dark room after the woman apologized for making her gotten scared. Their silence works to bring her vision back. Nothing so blurry in a close distance after a few minutes have passed. She even managed to recover back her normal body heat. This is it, Taeyeon thought. Now or never. She needs to take the chance to say something. They can't stay like that forever.

 

"Agassi, d-do you perhaps need any help?"

 

Instead of being scared, she wanted to give a chance for herself to understand the woman who might face a psychotic episode. She pushed the woman from her shoulder, so she could see the woman's face again. The woman's eyes have a glint of sadness. They kind of familiar. But she refused to connect the dots about the familiar eyes that she had seen yesterday.

 

"It's okay. It's alright. I will be a good listener. You may tell me about how you felt today. I mean, about whatever that you may have on your mind that bothers you. Please share it with me. Maybe I could help you in some way. Or maybe we could help each other." Taeyeon expressed with sincerity.

 

Annie Wilkes still scared her. She wanted to believe the woman was sick like Annie Wilkes from Misery. And she wanted to pinpoint at the woman as a crazy person because it’s so hard to accept reality. She doesn’t know what is real and what is not, anyway. It felt like a dream, but she had hurt herself many times in the room. She knew it wasn’t a dream. She just wanted a quick escape by saying this is only a dream.

 

"You think that I'm crazy for telling you I'm the teen that you met before your disappearance twenty years ago?" Jessica sounded calm.

 

She doesn’t know why the unnie thought that she’s crazy. But she does know that she felt so concern to the unnie's mental state. No way that she wants to scare the unnie like earlier when she brings her inside her house. She never meant to scare her with her action.

 

"The storm." Taeyeon begins to share a piece of her mind again. Something that makes sense to her. She doesn’t want something with no sense like what the woman asked her. Her brain cannot accept that in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter