Ramen with me before you go?

I Read Your Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 

Jessica arranged the words that she had in her head to begin the conversation with the other person who unexpectedly shares the same bed as her right now. It always felt nice sleeping and cuddling in a stormy or rainy weather with her family. Her mother or Krystal used to share the same bed together during days like this whenever they have a chance. It's just that she never expected to have someone other than her family to share an intimate skinship like this sleeping in the same bed with her. Not even with her sister, she ever slept half like this.

 

She was 33 this year. Still happy with her status of being single. She has no experience sleeping in a bed with anyone other than her family. It's been a decade since she was last in a relationship with someone. Enrolling in an art school since she was fourteen, pursuing her education in higher level in the Uni, and taking care of her sick old parents had always kept her busy. She had five boyfriends in her past. From the age of 17 to 23. Four of them were Asian and one was a Caucasian. None of them stay longer than one month to be in a relationship with her. It's either they find her too traditional, or she finds them over possessive towards her.

 

She became a musician since she was 20. It's been 13 years now. She met lots of people in the entertainment industry at the beginning of her career until now. Some are kind, and some are not. A lot of good and nasty offers have come since then. Especially, from those who have money and power. Gladly, she knew how to take care of herself. Her beloved elders have taught her well. Of course, that's not the everything why she chose to stay single. Her feeling is always strange whenever she was in a relationship with someone. It's like she's not entirely being into them. And she can't stand to fake or to lie to herself after what she felt. That's why she prefers to stay single and not getting involved with someone emotionally.

 

Whenever she was in a relationship and shared a kiss with her past boyfriend, her mind will bring her back to the memory when she kissed the unnie. She was so young and naïve when she gave the unnie a kiss. Not knowing what is the true meaning of first kiss. It’s true what people always share or tell about first kiss. They last eternally. She can’t forget her first kiss that she gave to the unnie. Who knows the quick peck that she gave to the unnie which she thought meant nothing other than a 'thank you' stay on her head for decades? Perhaps, that's the reason why she remembers the unnie's face easily when she saw her earlier. Because her face was tattooed on her mind for twenty years.

 

"You are not sleeping yet, aren’t you?" Jessica asked quietly, still adjusting the coldness she received from the other person's body. She felt her front body begin to get cold, but it's bearable for now. "I need to put one of your hands on my groin and the other one in between my inner thighs. It will warm your hands quicker if I do that. Please don't move too much. You might injure yourself for your lack of awareness right now."

 

Taeyeon who was so mute still thought her dream is too good to be true. Someone offers her hands to be placed in where? Groin and thighs? This is must be her lucid dream. Her hormone did all the trick on her brain as a result of not having a relationship till she encountered a dream like this.

 

"I h-have a fu-funny dr-dream." She stuttered to announce the things that she meant to tell herself. Her body was shivering every now and then. She still not believes whatever happen not long before.

 

How can she not think this as a dream? She was unable to recognize the woman’s face right now. The landscapes of the neighborhood already felt so different. And the situation she faces about the typhoon is also different, from rain to snowstorm. She believed only in a dream it could happen like this. Besides, when she left from her café, she only met this woman. No other person that she comes across on the street other than this woman. This is truly a dream. Certainly, only her dream. Just like everything she sees in her room and café.

 

 

 

(Thirty minutes ago)

 

Taeyeon awakes from her sleep with her eyes shot wide open. The first thing that her eyes see was the ceiling in her bedroom. Perspiration was trickling from her forehead with her heart was racing so fast. Her reflex made her check her right hand instantly. It looks just fine. Not burn, no scar, or anything unusual. Did she just have a nightmare? She closed her eyes and take a deep breath a few times. It’s such a crazy dream, she thought. Really crazy. She must be insane to feel like everything was really real not long ago. She almost chuckles right now to dream something like that and to even sweat for it. Baking a lot of cakes and pastries the day before yesterday had worn her out till she fell asleep without she even knew it.

 

The strong howling wind was very loud. She knew it must be the on-going typhoon that still not calming down. She tried to pry open her eyes again to check the current time. Normally, she used to wake up at 4AM every day. Since she worked as a Sous Chef, she never awakes late other than during her day off. During her day off, she used to wake up before 6AM. She's a morning person. Her daily routine begins with exercise before she makes a cup of coffee for herself and does her work.

 

Right now, her table clock’ alarm doesn’t make a sound yet. She always set it at 4AM. She knows it's supposed to be Thursday. Her working day. Four of her permanent staffs were given a day off again today. They will resume to work like normal on Friday like what she told them if the weather permits it. So, she will handle her coffee shop alone as of now. She must have woken up earlier than 4AM right now when the alarm hasn’t made a sound. All thanks to her crazy dream that’s bothering her normal time that she supposed to leave from her bed.

 

Her room was not dark like it normally does when she went to sleep. She can see the ceiling above her. Her spec was not somewhere in her reach. The bed where she is resting right now not feeling as comfortable as she usually felt. Like she has been lying in an unfamiliar bed in an unfamiliar room. It smells weird as if the air was pretty bad or something. She had light up an aromatherapy essential oils in the room yesterday. She loves the scent that always lingers in each corner of her room. It's kind of addictive. The scent from the aromatherapy shouldn't be gone that quick. It always lasted for days.

 

She wakes up half way from the bed with her arms were supporting her. She can't find the table clock because her eyes begin to scan the area. It’s still looks like her room though. Minus, everything in her room has been covered with white sheets that give her eerie vibe. Even the bed where she is resting right now was covered with a white sheet, not her normal bedsheet. When did she cover everything in her room with white sheet? Why would she do that? Did she sleepwalk doing all of that? But she never had white sheet enough to cover everything. Now that she realized, the room smell like it’s covered with dust. The ceiling has spider web in each corner. It truly looks spooky to her.

 

She left the bed immediately with her heart begins to pound nervously. Her hand reached every white sheet in the place, removing all of them. She sneezes a few times in the process. Everything in her room was still in order. Somehow, she still feels strange about the white sheet. From where did she get all the white sheet? Her hand slipped inside her pocket automatically, trying to check the time right now from her phone because it seems the table clock and wall clock in the room already has no battery. She reached her wallet instead of her phone. She remembers again, the teen had taken her phone the day before.

 

When she went out of her room, she gets more surprise than before. The living room furniture were all covered in white sheet also. She gets another goosebump while taking off every white sheet in the place after switching on the light. Once removed, she noticed extra items from her café have been stored in the place too. Other than the palm-reading machine, the brass instruments and the jukebox machine were among the items that can be found there.

 

It's impossible if she sleepwalks and carried all the things alone into the upper floor. Some of the item was clearly heavy. Something was odd. So, she quickly went down to check her café. Besides, she needs to open them too, she thought. It might be an extra work for her today if she needs to bring down the brass instruments one by one after what she sees in the living room. It seems weird. She remembers she hasn’t found a display box to keep the Harry Potter Lego that she made, but the things already in a display box like all of her other toys.

 

The surprise that she received not end there. It gets creepier when she went down and saw her café already looks so different than it once before. The wall was empty with only covered in grey paint. The coffee chair and table were also already changed in shape and color. No cashier counter and no pastries display area. She can't see her espresso machine. All that she could see are five big box machines. She ran quickly to check the thing closer. The instruction which written fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter