Melody

I Read Your Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 

Taeyeon still doesn’t have a courage to approach the woman whom provided her a temporary shelter from the snowstorm, the woman whom shared her body heat till she could feel every inch of her body again, and the woman whom gave her something warm to wear to replace her wet uniform. She had blow-dried her hair enough while she was in the room. Her hair has a volume now. Not like a bird nest or look so frizzy. But very smooth and chic just like a TV news anchor’s hair. The room has a warm temperature. It's just so nice to stay in the warm room. Instead, she believed her sense to touch was returned to her again with these three combinations – the woman's body heat, the thick comforter, and the room temperature.

 

The second layer of outfit that she had on her body reminds her of something. The teenager that she met yesterday. She had given the young teen the same sweatshirt design like what the woman gives her to wear right now. She assumed the woman must be a fan of Harry Potter just like her. As what she noticed, the sweatshirt she wears was made from the same CGV cinema where she went to watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets movie with her employees about a month ago. The same logo on the collar of the sweatshirt makes her well aware about that. The woman must have purchased the same sweatshirt from the same CGV branch. The difference with the sweatshirt she gave to the teen and what she wears currently is it kinds of look a bit faded.

 

During the time when she dries her hair, she had a long daydreaming. She still can’t figure out why her property and the place in her neighbourhood look so much different than the day before. Her head still having a hard time to process the input she received about her café and the entire place. She had no answer to the multiple questions she had. It’d occurred ever since the time when she discovered everything that happen to her is real, not only a dream. When the woman left her in the room alone, she continues to pinch and slap herself from time to time. So much in hope this is only a dream like what her mind wants her to believe. The result is consistent. She felt pain to every pinch and slap that she made.

 

Her eyeglasses is not in her possession right now. She is a near-sightedness or short-sightedness person. She can see close objects clearly, but not distant objects. Her vision can be fuzzy for looking at a distant object. Just maybe, what she sees outside of her property is not real. Not that her eyes can see clearly for something farther like ten to twenty feet away from her. Without her glasses, her vision is not accurate. Her arguments just won’t end right there simply when her head brought up the issue about the five arm robots in her café. She knew that she had inspected the robot closer enough for her eyes. Sigh after sigh escaped from her lips. She can't understand what exactly happen.

 

The arguments she had in her head can’t make her sit comfortably on the bed where she rested half with the woman before. Taeyeon walks back and forth in the room. The woman who wants to be called as y and she knows as a doctor was another problem for her to face right now. She doesn’t feel confident to face the woman after what happened. Her face still as red as tomatoes. Her shyness overpowers her. It refused to co-operate each time when she wants to take a step forward to leave from the room. She was so embarrassed to recall the woman had undressed her and had carried her in a bridal style when she can’t walk. Getting strip by someone is too embarrassing to recall. It makes her distressed till now. To add more to her distress list when the woman had seen part of her body that no one had ever seen before.

 

Maybe she is too old-fashioned. Because even her parents had never seen her body that much after she became a teenager. She never owned a bikini like every normal woman. Her bathing suits are always long sleeves rush-guard with jammer shorts. Never in her life she ever reveals her skin too much to anyone other than her arms and legs. Just what happened to her? Yesterday, she got kissed by some teenager who might experience puberty, and today she got stripped by some woman? In the span of 24 hours she experienced something that she never expected to feel. Embarrassment after embarrassment. She knew it’s not the woman’s fault. The woman was being kind enough to help her. It all happened because of her. She won’t get stripped like that if she didn’t leave from her place. If only she can calm down a bit from her surprise after surprise, maybe she won’t end up to be at the woman’s place.

 

She heard the woman’s voice while she tried to control her shyness to face the woman. The woman is not talking with her because the woman’s voice is a bit farther. No other voice that she could hear in that place other than the woman when she tried to eavesdrop. The woman was using her soft tone as she speaks. The tone that makes the hair on the back of her neck stand up. They kind of gentle like a melodious music. A very pleasant tone that feels like she had once discovered in her life before. She thought the teen’s voice that she met yesterday was unique, and never thought the woman just crossed the teen’s unique voice from her list today. She found the woman’s voice is more appealing to her ears. Sadly, she can’t hear what the woman said clearly. Maybe the woman was engaged on the phone, she thought. Because when she went inside the house, she met no other soul other than the woman. From the way the woman said she was fine to eat the ramen alone was telling her the woman lives at the place alone.

 

It’s been too long she shut herself inside the room. She should’ve left the room by now if she doesn’t want to be rude. The woman said she was hungry as what she remembered. She really wants to prepare something for the woman to eat if only she was brave enough to face the woman and to return back the favour for what the woman did to save her life. Since the snowstorm still not calming down yet, she can’t leave the place in a hurry like what she wants. Like it or not, she needs to go out of the room to face the woman again.

 

With a heavy heart and a flustered face, she arranges her baby step to reach the door knob. A sound of a creaking door like in a haunted movie emerge through the place as she slowly tiptoes, leaving from the room. She just makes five steps forward, but she has to stop temporarily after her ears pick up the sound of instrument from somewhere. The sound projects from the instrument touches her heart effortlessly. She doesn’t need to hear them for too long to appreciate the melody. She just happens to like them right here, right now.

 

The harmonious sound of music touched her deepest memory. She remembers vaguely a memory from her childhood. The memory that only comes in her dream every once in a blue moon as she reached adulthood. When she was a kid, the same sound of music had appeared in her dream frequently. However, the dream that she always had slowly faded away as the seasons change. Despite that, she remembers the music till now. She even wrote the music in a music sheet and framed it in her room near to the violin her parents gifted to her when she was six.

 

Like a person possessed, she follows the sound of music to guide her where to go. Her step was big and urgent. She just wants to find the person who plays the music immediately. In less than ten seconds, she arrived at the big living room of the house with her eyes shines ever so brightly. There stood the woman who saved her life playing the instruments with the same music that she can only hear in her dream. It’s precisely the same melody that comes from a violin like what the woman has on her shoulder. The movement of a bow rubbing the strings back and forth was so magical. She watched the way the woman’s body and arm moving in tandem as she plays the instrument like her life depends on the music. It's not only the woman's voice is melodious, but the way the woman the bow against the strings to create the greatest sound of music too, she thought. The thing she sees and hears become a hot topic in her brain cells right now.

 

From where did the woman know about the music that only appears in her dream? She never discovered any musician who can play the song before. Because she had been searching for so long anyone who can play the music accurately just like what she hears right now. She thought only her alone who knows and can play the haunted music that turned her life upside down when she was a kid. But it’s clearly not. Someone else has mastered the song and can play more enthusiastically than her. They are precisely the same like in her dream. A copycat sound that maybe she can only hear once in a lifetime. And she happens can enjoy the live music at this moment of time after so long it had been haunting her in her dream.

 

She was enthralled. Playing the music by herself never pleased her ears this much. The woman is the real musician if she could make her feel this way, she thought. It caught her off-guard. The woman is not only a doctor, but the woman has a great talent in a music as well. What a gift. The hair on her forearms and the back of her neck was standing together right now. Her body totally agrees the sound of the instrument played is too euphoric.

 

For a near-sightedness person, she can’t see clearly the person who was standing fifteen feet away from her. But she knows… the person in the living room who plays the violin is the woman. Judging from the woman's long sleeve cardigan and her hair color was enough to confirm her that she was the same person she had on her mind. She walks closer just to kill her curiosity. She can never be wrong. Indeed, that person is the woman who saved her from the crazy snowstorm. Her long ginger hair looks absolutely gorgeous pushed to the side while she plays the instrument.

 

The music she hears ended soon when the woman opens her eyes and noticed her standing one foot away from where the w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter