Trust your hunches

I Read Your Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 

"Unnieeee~" Krystal whines disapprovingly on the other line.

 

The ten seconds video of a woman stood closer while her sister was doing live went viral among her sister's fans. She witnessed it herself during the live. Because the woman was facing her sister at that time, so only the woman’s back body was caught on the camera. She heard the last word the person called her sister and the language the person used. That's the reason why the video went viral among her sister's fans who understands the language better. When she called her sister to get a confirmation about the person, her sister said she will call her later. She refused to end the phone call. A little whine from her was enough to let her sister spills the info that she wants. As a result, she got to know about how that person could end up to be at her sister's place right now.

 

"You can’t just trust the person to stay right there. What if the person pretends to be lost in that place? What if the person only wants to capture your interest so she could do something bad towards you? You should not get involve yourself to a stranger, unnie! I can't believe you invited that person to stay at the house easily. Do you know what would happen if anyone know about this? More stalker will try to get to you with a similar approach. They can turn your strength into your weakness. Who knows if she might be your real stalker." Krystal tried to knock some sense into her sister’s head. "Tell me if I shouldn’t be worried about you? Should I send you a bodyguard to that place right now?"

 

"She’s not some stranger, Krystal." Jessica informed calmly. She understands Krystal's arguments and overreaction. Her sister was obviously being frightened about her safety. And she supposed to calm her sister's mind. "Don’t worry, baby sis. She is not a threat to me. I will be alright with her. It's still heavy snowing right now. You can’t send anyone here. I don't want her to leave from this place either." Jessica corrected her choice of words quickly before her sister can say anything. "I mean…" She cleared . "I don’t want her to leave from this place yet."

 

"Huh? Are you being real?" Krystal thought her sister’s statement was making her even more nervous than before. Because her sister seems to be fine to be trapped with the person that she still had no idea who. If not, her sister will not make that kind of statement. "How certain are you that she’s not a threat?" Krystal’s mind was running wild suddenly. Did her sister have some sort of love affair that she doesn’t know? This makes her want to interrogate her sister so badly. "May I know, why she called you y?"

 

Jessica reached a clean long cardigan from her wardrobe and let her sister waits for her response. She noticed the unnie’s body was shivering lightly while walking to the kitchen where she stored her favourite ramen. After showing the unnie where the kitchen and ramen is, she left her alone. She received her sister’s phone call during her walks to her room to take another extra layer clothes for the unnie.

 

The house was untouched for years. Only two days before her arrival in Seoul, she decides to stay at the property. Her company had sent someone to fix water and electric usage, and some minor defects in the house. Latest anti-theft and surveillance cameras were installed in the place too. It can be accessed by her alone. When she reached the right age to receive the property, she was supposed to sell it and give the money to the charity house like the other asset. However, she had a change of mind. She only sold every furniture in the house, but not the property. Her only reason is because the place was located in the same housing area where she met the unnie last time. The last time the property was renovated was ten years ago. She never visited the place. It’s all handled by a respective agent, she appointed. Therefore, not in all places the radiant floor heating system works. She got to know, the agent her company assigned can’t fix all the problem in the short amount of time. Not that she can blame anyone if she insists to stay at the place. Good enough all the important stuffs were covered… or maybe not?

 

She was so stupid, though. For not requesting them to fill up her food stock at that time too. If only she can see the future, she will add that on top of her list. Because she remembered how delicious the food the unnie cooked for her twenty years ago. She is a person who can cook a variety type of foods at home. Korean dishes are still her favourite. Moving to the States won’t make her less Korean. The menu the unnie made for her twenty years ago, she can make that too. Just the taste is never the same. That’s why she wanted to whine terribly after she heard the unnie offers to cook something for her.

 

She knew about the unnie’s background. She read a lot about the unnie from the online café that she believed was posted by Seolhyun. She knew before the Wonderland Café was opened, the unnie had an experience working as a Sous Chef and Executive Chef in overseas and domestic. That told why she can never get the same taste whenever she tried to cook the same menu herself.

 

"You know the reason why I stayed at this place and not in the hotel, right?" Jessica gives a clear hint to her sister. She heard Krystal's hum to her question directly.

 

She had shared the story to Krystal a million times after she got to live with her sister in the States. Krystal and her parents knew how obsessed she was from trying to find the unnie. She even hired three private investigation agencies to find the unnie. Almost half a million dollars of her money wasted for nothing. She got the same details like what she already knew from the online café she had read and printed out in the past. The agency was so unreliable and clearly a fraud. They took advantage of her desperate situation. But thanks to them, she decides to find the unnie on her own after that.

 

In her interview, she had announced her open apology to every person that she did wrong in the past. She mentioned about how terrible she was as a teen. The unnie that she met by chance, however, had changed her. She loves music since she was a kid, but the kick-start begins after she visited the unnie’s café. She was so fascinated with the brass instruments that she had seen in the unnie’s café. She becomes a musician all thanks to the unnie. The music that she wrote was inspired by the unnie too. She ended her interview by sharing the details of the unnie to the public with the hope they could help her to find the unnie who was still missing after the typhoon Mega hit South Korea and killed thousands of people.

 

In her every concert, she never failed to reach out to her fans who might be knowing about the person that she had been looking for so long. While preparing for her tour concert in Seoul, she had high hope the unnie will reveal herself and come to see her. Hence, when she found the unnie, she had multiple questions in her head directly. Especially, when the unnie seems like she didn’t know about her identity. Or she might be guessing it wrongly. For now, she can only make an assumption. It seems all her doubts and questions will only be answered if they have a heart-to-heart conversation.

 

"She’s the person that I want to meet so dearly. I finally found her, Krystal. Except, it seems like she doesn't recognize I was the kid that she met in the past. I told her my name is y and she believes it. Then, just now I told her y is not my real name. It was a made up. She believes me again when I said my name is Melody. She got that innocent vibe in her that I just discovered."

 

"Seolma!!" Krystal almost shrieks. The hairs on her forearms stood straight up. She clasped with her hand, even if no one was around in her big hotel room. She remembered just a few days ago her sister had updated her something. About there’s still no news about the person her sister wants to meet. The staff in the café didn’t even know about the person that her sister had been looking for. "Jinjjayo?"

 

"Geureomyo. I was surprised myself when I saw her face. It’s like I've seen a ghost." Jessica felt a little cold in her warm room to remember her first encounter to see the unnie again.

 

"Unnie, I want to do facetime with you." Krystal suddenly wants to change the call preference. Because she wants to see the person that her sister met twenty years ago this instant. She can’t believe her sister finally met the person for real. She was so excited just like her sister right now. The person in the video was the same person that her sister wants to meet? She still can’t believe it. "I will call you back. Can we do facetime? I want to see her face."

 

"Not now. We will do it later, okay? I can't simply let her do facetime with you. I haven't talked touching anything about the past with her. I need to find out more about where she had been all these years. I also want to know if she had a memory loss. She seems had no idea who I was. I mean not as a teen she met in the past, but as a famous musician. I will update you soon after we have a talk." Jessica revealed her reason one by one. "Anyway, have you arrived in the hotel yet?"

 

"Ne. I’m going to take a shower if we can’t do facetime." Krystal’s voice went down. So much of a disappointment when her sister can't fulfil her facetime request. "I feel exhausted being transited at the other country and not at the same place as you."

 

"Hey, I’m glad you are safe. Take a little rest after your shower if you feel tired. And please eat something delicious after you wake up. Don’t let your stomach go empty. Unnie will call you later. Please take a good care of yourself in there."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter