Panda Bear

The Bedside Drama: A Petite Tragedy

Panda Bear

 

 "Come on," Taemin encourages.  "It'll be fine as long as you don't do too much.  It's actually very relaxing."

I look at the joint in my boyfriend's hand, not willing to believe what I see.  There was just so much wrong with what he was doing.  It was just so un-Taemin. 

"You've done this before?" I ask.

"Two or three times," he says with a shrug.  He takes a puff of the joint  and then holds it out to me again, telling me to take it.  

"Taemin..." I mutter, really against the idea, but not wanting to disappoint him.  "I'm not so sure we should be doing this...."

"Minho," he says, looking me straight in the eye as he does, "pot isn't even that bad.  It's not like this is meth or anything."

"Still," I reply, clearly seeing how unhappy he is that I'm turning it down, which is exactly what I don't want to see.

"Fine," he says, laying back and closing his eyes. "I'm not going to force you to do it, that would just be horrible."  He takes another puff.  "I just know you've been stressed lately, and this a good way to relieve that stress."

I stare hard at him, his eyes still closed and the joint hanging loosely between two of his fingers like a cigarette. I sigh heavily, knowing very well that I haven't been stressed lately, and knowing that he knows it too.

"Taemin." I wait for him to open his eyes and look at me.  "Why do you want to?"

"I told you," he says, breaking eye contact.  "You've been stressed lately!"

I sigh again.  "What's the real reason?"

His eyes flicker back to me momentarily before closing again as he answers. "I just- I just thought that maybe something like this... would help our relationship?  Like sharing the same experience." He opens his eyes again, and I notice that they are full of water, ready to overflow.  "We haven't been doing well recently... and I wanted to make it better."

I smile at his words, unable to not note how cute he's being.  Against my better judgement, I reach over and grab the joint.  I place it in my mouth and take a deep breath in, letting the drug take over and cloud my mind.

 

 

 

 

A/N- AND things start to go down hill! celebratory chapter because im done with exams :D

im not exactly satisfied with this, but i feel i will never been satisfied with a chapter that contains such unhappy things