One of a Very Few of a Kind

The Bedside Drama: A Petite Tragedy

The song~~~

 

 

"I don't know how to explain it... He's just different," I conclude, not quite satisfied with my answer, but there isn't any other way to say it.  

"Everyone's different," Jonghyun states as if it is obvious, and it kind of is.

"But he's even more different!" I press, trying to prove my point.  

"Whatever," Jonghyun mutters under his breath.  "So I'm assuming you like him?"

I sip my coffee slowly, thinking about the question before slowly nodding.  

"But you barely know him!" Jonghyun exclaims loud enough for the booth next to us to give us weird looks.  "One conversation and you're hooked?"

"I'm not saying I'm in love with him!" I defend.  "More like a crush, ya know?"

"Crushes are for school girls," Jonghyun says, as he giggles like a school girl.  

"School girls and me," I say, correcting him.  

"Whatever," he mutters again, put out that I wasn't offended with his lame insult.  "So what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't have a clue..." As I speak I realized that it's true, I don't have a clue.  "I just know that I like him.  What do you think I should do?" I feel too desperate asking Jonghyun, the wanna-be-lady-killer, for dating advice.

"Just ask him out," he says, shrugging like that's what anyone would do in my situation and I'm ignorant for not thinking of it earlier.

"Already?" I ask in disbelief.  "I haven't known him for two days and you already think that I should ask him out?  You're dumb."  I lift up my coffee cup to take a drink only to notice that there was no more liquid.

"Well, I do it all the time."

"That's why you don't have a girlfriend," I point out, rolling my eyes.

"Well if you were going to shoot down my advice so quickly you shouldn't have asked for it in the first place!"