The Couple's First Kiss

The Bedside Drama: A Petite Tragedy

LE SONG

 

 "Hyung! Can I have some popcorn?"

"No," I answer, keeping the straightest face, but already head towards the place where the popcorn is being sold.  

"Aw! Please?" Taemin pleads, trying to make a cute face, which always works, cause he's cute without the face.  I chuckle a little bit and ruffle his soft hair, something I know he hates.

"Of course Tae, anything for you."  He beams when I say it.  "What kind do you want?"

"Can I have the sweet kind?" He asks with his eyes already on the bag he desires.

I look straight into his eyes.  "No," I say, trying my hardest not to let my lips twitch into a smile.  He doesn't fall for it this time.

"I would like a large bag of kettle corn please," he tells the lady at the stand, ignoring me completely.  I watch as she hands him a large bag of sugar coated popcorn and keeps her hand out for money.

"Oh," Taemin says, already ripping open the bag.  "He's paying." With one last nod in my direction, he strode of to a nearby bench and started to munch.

"It'll be $11.50."

"Ah, yes..." I pull out a twenty and hand to her.  She puts the twenty in a plastic bag a pulls out some bills and two quarters to hand back to me.

"Thank you for your service!" She says as I walk towards Taemin, plopping down next to him.

"That was some ing expensive popcorn you know," I tell him as I take a handful of it and pop it, piece by piece, into my mouth.  Too sweet.

"Hey! That's mine!" He says, closing the bag and tying back up to prevent me from getting anymore.

I shrug and hold back the remark about how I paid for it.  Instead, I ask him where he wants to go next.

I look where his slim finger is pointing.  In that direction I see many games, stages, and rides, but one thing stands out above all.

"You want to go on the ferris wheel?" I ask him, surprised.  He seems like the type of person who would be scared of heights, but maybe I'm wrong.

He nods enthusiastically and I grab his hand, pulling him up and walking in that direction.  When we stop at the ride, Taemin is almost panting and clutching the popcorn tightly.

"Too fast for you?" I tease, poking him on the nose.

He looks up at me with unforgiving eyes.  "Never," he pants pitifully.  I ruffle his hair lightly again.

When it's our turn, I pull Taemin into the swaying cart and sit down on the sticky seats.  The ride slowly goes up as the ground gets farther away and the people get farther.  I feel Taemin grip my hand tightly, and I look over to see what the matter is.  

The lights coming from the ride illuminate his face perfectly.  Red and blue shapes dance across his smooth skin in enticing patterns, but they are no sight compared to Taemin himself.  His eyes gleam as they look into mine, conveying a silent message that I read almost instantly.  

I slowly bring my other hand up to cup his cheek and lean forward.  He puckers his lips up as I get closer and I'm not sure whether he's trying to be comical or is just experienced, but I come to the conclusion that it's cute.  

His lips are softer than mine by a landslide but also slightly sticky from all of the recently eaten sweet treats.  I slowly close my eyes as our lips melt together, two puzzle pieces that fit perfectly.  Surely we were made for each other.

We stay in that position like statues until I get worried that he is becoming bored.  I pull away and brush some of his hair behind his ear, eager for a reaction.  
"Well, that was romantic."  He breaks into a wide smile and reopens the bag of popcorn, gazing outside into the jumbles of fun.

As I the sugar off my lips, I can't decide whether he is being sarcastic or not.

 

 

 

A/N-   TWO SUBSCRIBERS?!?!?!  i thought id never have any  *so many tears of happiness*

i wrote this for you two! thank you so much <3 

please commetn <3