Happy Yellow Bumblebee

The Bedside Drama: A Petite Tragedy

DA SONG

 

 

"Really?" I ask in disbelief.  Could this wonderful being actually want to go on a date with me?

"Sure," he said, a small smile on his perfect lips.  "You're pretty cool, and even if you weren't, I get free food and a free movie."

I feel my heart swell at his words, even though they were concerning free food.  

"So what movie were you planning to see?"  He asks, looking up at me with curious eyes.  Beautiful curious eyes.  

"Um... Whatever you want to watch?"  I scratch my head, slightly embarrassed that I hadn't thought that far ahead.  I never imagined he'd actually say yes.

He hums a little, narrowing his eyes in thought.  "Do you like kid's movies?" he asks.

Though I'm not quite sure if I do, for I haven't seen one in about thirteen years, I nod anyway.  

He breaks out in a dazzling smile.  I feel silly as I imagine heaven's light shining on him while his sprouts wings and a halo floats over his head.  But truly, his smile belongs to an angel.

"Good!" He claps his hands excitedly.  "There's this one that came out yesterday from one of my favorite directors, and even though he targets little kids with his movies, they aren't mindless."

"Sounds fun," I say while I look into his eyes.  "Is there anything in particular you want to eat then?"

"Nah," he says, shaking his head.  "I'll eat anything! Well," he adds as an afterthought. "Except for spinach, but that shouldn't be much of a problem."

I nod to agree with him, but forget to add anything else for I am already making a list in my head of possible restaurants to dine at.  One that would be impressive while still in my budget.  One that we wouldn't have to dress up for, but would still have good food and service.  

"So..." the boys next to me says, breaking a silence that I realize was beginning to become rather awkward.  

"How about I look up movie times and stuff and then I'll text you and we can continue from there?"

"Sounds great to me," he says as he reaches into his shoulder bag to pull out a really old phone with a couple of charms hanging from it.  He holds it out in between the two of us and looks up at me expectantly.  I stare at the phone for a moment before looking up at him with questioning eyes.  

"Don't we need to exchange... you know, phone numbers?"

"Oh!" I feel blush creep up due to embarrassment and reach into my pocket to retrieve my own phone.  "Yeah... yeah, of course."

He hands his phone to me and takes my phone.  Only a second later he's holding it back out again.

"I need you to unlock it."  I nod and quickly type in my password before directing my attention back to the phone in my hand.

 I turn the brick over in my hand a couple of times, wondering how it's even supposed to work.  I press a couple of buttons, which does nothing, and take out a piece of paper, just writing my phone number on that instead.

 

 

 

A/N- so much fluff xD well rihgt now anyway..

please comment! :3