Chapter VIII

Espectre
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeashire's internet network wasn't the best, but that didn't stop me from looking for any information about the Kim family. None of the forums available on the internet could not remedy my complete curiosity about KIm Heechul and his descendants.

          As far as the site had informed me, Kim Heechul had moved to Yeashire with the first caravan to leave South Korea during a major revolution that ended the Hye empire, at the time he was unmarried and had been convicted of the death of Emperor's daughter - Princess Olivia. He met Hyenlip - Jung Hyenlip - and with her had two daughters. Kim Jinsoul and ...

... Kim Yongsun.

          At first I didn't believe it, my eyes didn't seem to read that. I searched several different sites and all seemed to say the same: "Kim Yongsun was born in 1795 and died in 1812." I still remember the tears falling, the outbreak, the sound of the computer crashing on the wall, my desperate screams begging for proof that it had all been real, that Kim Yongsun had not been a figment of my mind.

         It felt so real, their presence, their voice, the warmth of their arms and the way they surrounded me, their protection, all so real, so - ing - perfect. I needed to understand what was going on, who Kim Kim was, and how I saw her. That early autumn afternoon, I walked down the empty streets toward the rich neighborhood, looking for Kim Taeyeon.

                                                             🍀

 

"Drink tea, it's going to get cold," Taeyeon said as he sat in the recliner in front of me.

             The house looked as though it had been hastily tidied up, the carpet concealed a great deal of dust, and above it little Zero snored quietly.

            "Tell me why you came here?" Taeyeon asked as he sipped his tea, which I recognized to be chamomile.

            - Your family. - Said straight.

             Taeyeon raised his eyebrows, looking interested.

             - Continues...

             - I'd like to know all about Kim Yongsun.

               Kim sighed and then got up from the chair wearing fluffy slippers and heading for the kitchen.

             - Don't stop there, come "

.

.

.

.

.

.

        "- Kim Yongsun? What can I say about her? Well, she was part of my family and died centuries ago.

           - Can't you say anything else?

          "There's something they told me, but really?" Promise it will only be between us.

          - You have my word.

          She took a deep breath and then began, knowing that Taeyeon was suspicious but I preferred to venture into her goodwill.

          - Kim Yongsun passed away at the age of 17; she was the eldest daughter of a wealthy banker. I can't talk much about your upbringing, but one thing I claim, Kim Yongsun was not a good person.

            Taeyeon must have noticed my puzzled gasp as he soon explained.

            "She was considered an unruly rebel, by the standards of that time, not acting like the other 'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter