chapter II

Espectre
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I had not made up my mind whether I would return to these writings (my most viable option was to leave them) - even with the shadow of responsibility hanging over my back - but after meeting Taeyeon who had spent much of her time complaining about her daughter who As I was sneaking around my neighbor's house, I finally decided to go on with this not-so-sweet story. I must say that Kim Tayeon was, and still is, a fundamental piece in the development of 'this'; in presence Kim Yongsun had affirmed her kinship with Kim Taeyeon - asserting to me that Taeyeon was her younger sister; with Kim Dahyun - and living with her.

 

      On an unscheduled encounter with a strange blonde in a crowded parking lot that caused an almost run over, I met her; Kim Taeyeon The period was just before Yongsun disappeared, before I found out the truth. I still remember his pale face the moment I asked about his relationship with Yongsun, and how I felt I had asked a bad question.

 

     Taeyeon had told me a few things about his younger sister Kim Dahyun and his girlfriend, now wife Tiffany Hwang, and had never quoted Yongsun; I avoided going back to the subject for fear that it would bring something to her health (at the time). I wondered, now more and more often, if Taeyeon was crazy or partially centered, I don't know if I'm comfortable knowing the answer, even if - in the end - I find myself crazy.

 

    It had been a while since I had visited the Kim's, so much so that I had forgotten how Irene was no longer a fragile, defenseless child, but a healthy young girl (which now justified Taeyeon's unfounded complaints). As we met, I could see how Taeyeon had aged over the years, yet while remaining physically flawless, time had done her good after all. I may have aged too, too, but the weariness was most visible in my eyes, perhaps from the sleepless nights, from her visits. At the end of our "date" Taeyeon gave me a strange phrase that had made me think all the way.

 

 

                                              "Ghosts, they're just past jailers trying to trap us in our worst memories."

 

 

     I didn't quite understand what s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter