Loving You - KrisBaekYeol

Falling in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: WARNING - infidelity, polyamory

'Baekhyun, over here!' Chanyeol called out. The clumsy, tall teenager's boyfriend turned around, his eyes lighting up with a smile as he made his way through the crowds.

'Hey, you,' Baekhyun smiled, twining their fingers together and pressing a quiet kiss to them. 'Have you been waiting for long?'
'Not reallly, no. I just came here a few minutes ago,' Chanyeol shook his head. 'Shall we?'
'We shall,' the other smiled, his mouth forming an odd rectangle that made his smile all the more unique. They pushed the cafe door open and tumbled into the first booth they could find - one in the corner of the warm cafe.


Baekhyun took a deep breath, the smell of freshly-brewed coffee intoxicating him. He felt cozy in the booth and snuggled up to Chanyeol seated beside him, all but melting into his side contendedly. There were fairy lights illuminating their booth and, coupled with soft tunes crooning to them through the speakers, the ambience was comforting and homely. They looked up as a waitress greeted them and Chanyeol placed their orders - two frappucinos, one chicken lasagna and a cheesecake. It was something they'd decided on well before coming to the cafe. Chanyeol looked around, his eyes taking in the foreign environment.


The two of them were fresh recruits for a production house and their first rask as journalists had led them to Canada - they were to record the LGBT+ parade that was to take place the next week.

Chanyeol wrapped his arm round Baekhyun's shoulders as the shorter male chattered on about what he had researched on so far, his hand comfortably resting on the taller male's thigh.

'I absolutely love Canada already,' the older of the two sighed happily, sitting up with a grin as their order arrived.
'Why so?'
'Because we can fully be ourselves here, you know? Nobody knows us, nobody can exactly judge us as such. Plus this place is pretty tolerant, so we don't have to hide oursevles.'
'Amen to that,' Chanyeol nodded, pressing his lips firmly against Baekhyun's temple and smiling fondly at him as he all but devoured his cheesecake.






































'Are you sure, Channie?' Baekhyun's scratchy voice repeated.
'Definitely,' Chanyeol reassured. 'Get some rest, Baek. Talking more won't do any good for your throat.'
After a few more soothing words, Chanyeol ended the call and pocketed his phone. He held up his video recorder and started to record, slowly going through the preparations of the stalls and asking questions here and there to the volunteers. Just as he had finished interviewing one of the managers of the parade, Chanyeol heard a loud snap that sounded like the shutter of a camera. He paused his recording with a frown, turning and finding himself staring at a tall male holding a DSLR up to his face.

'How may I help you?' Chanyeol worded in English, taken aback. His breath hitched as the male lowered his DSLR to reveal his face - never before had Chanyeol seen such chiseled beauty. With black hair carelessly tousled by the wind, a straight nose, a pair of rosebud lips splitting into a greeting smile, the man was nothing short of handsome and breath-taking.

'Are you the journalist from South Korea?' he asked in Korean, his words slurring just a little and mixing with his deep voice. Chanyeol nodded, extending a hand.
'Park Chanyeol,' he introduced.
'Wu Yifan,' the slightly-taller male smiled. 'Where's the other journalist? Byu... Bun?'
'Byun Baekhyun. He's ill so he couldn't make it today...'
'Oh, that's okay. Wish him well from my side!' Yifan nodded. 'I'm one of the photographers here, and have also been assigned to show you around. Would you like to start now or...?'
Chanyeol's palm tingled from when Yifan had retracted his hand after their handshake, his fingers brushing over Chanyeol's calloused palm ever so slightly.
'N-Now would be great.'




























'Hey, you,' Baekhyun greeted, his voice clearer now. He rested his hands on Chanyeol's shoulders and leaned up.
'Baekhyun, we have a guest,' Chanyeol chuckled, a little flustered. He held Baekhyun's waist and shifted, revealing Yifan behind him.

'Oh, hello! I'm Byun Baekhyun,' the short male smiled up at the man, the hint of an embarrassed blush on his cheeks.
'Wu Yifan,' the tallest male nodded, letting Chanyeol introduce him to Baekhyun.






'Yifan-sshi's also offered to give us a tour of Vancouver this weekend,' Chanyeol supplied.
'Oh, that's great!' Baekhyun clapped with a grin. Yifan smiled and took a sip of water, staring at the duo seated on the loveseat opposite the couch he was on.





































The three of them spent the weekend visiting various landmarks, and even had a roadtrip of sorts before the two Koreans had to head back to Seoul. They exchanged numbers and, with a promise to keep in touch, set off.



























































Chanyeol leaned against the headrest of his king-sized bed, staring at the closed bathroom door behind which sounds of the shower and Baekhyun singing resonated. His phone buzzed with a text and he felt a smile creep up on his lips as he read it.

It's been... four months since you came to Canada, am I right? By far the best pride parade I've ever attended :')

It was my first, and I gotta say, it was pretty memorable ;)

Oh, why so?

Because I got to spend time with this really amazing person.

Hmm, sounds interesting. Do I know this person?

Oh, you know this person very well.


The door opened and Chanyeol exited the messaging application, looking up and finding Baekhyun smiling at him as he dried his hair. The shorter male was clad only in a bathrobe and had a towel resting on his shoulders as he approached his boyfriend.

'Hey, you,' Baekhyun winked, leaning down to kiss Chanyeol. The taller male pulled him into his lap and kissed back fervently, pushing him into the bed.



























Later that night, Chanyeol's phone buzzed with a message.

Are you sleeping right now? Dream of me! Because I sure as hell am.

Accompanying the text was a picture. Chanyeol made sure Baekhyun was fast asleep before carefully peeking at it. He traced the figure in it with his eyes, guilt hitting him the moment he felt Baekhyun shift to hug him from behind.

'What am I doing?' Chanyeol lamented, immediately shoving his phone aside.



















The next evening, Baekhyun was met with surprise.
'Chanyeol...? Is that... you?'
The taller male turned to face him, a sheepish smile on his face.
'Do you think it looks weird?'
'It... Well... I--- it looks... wow, this is new. Why did you dye your hair, anyway?'
'Just felt like it, I guess,' Chanyeol shrugged. Baekhyun leaned up to run his fingers through the new blonde hair, his eyes wide.
'I guess it does look good...' he trailed off. 'Anyway, I think I'll just go wash up now. Is dinner ready?'
'Yup, almost done,' Chanyeol nodded, pecking the top of Baekhyun's head and heading for the kitchen. The shorter male whipped his phone out the moment he was in their room.


Hello~? Are you there, Byu-bun?

I'm here~ did you wait for long? I didn't have time to check my messages before...

You're back~~ that's all that matters :D So, what do you think of my new hair?

Blonde really suits you :*

Sending that message, Baekhyun stared at the picture sent to him and sighed, rubbing his face with his hands. He closed his eyes and memories of the previous night spent passionately with Chanyeol flooded in.

'Chanyeol... what am I doing? I'm sorry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter