Episode 4- Slipping

Still Waters Run Deep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was pretty sure her entire brain turned off the second she pulled Irene in for another kiss. When she had started the process of coming to the Kalos Academy, it was to eventually become friends with the Champion but this? This was so much more.

Wait, what am I doing? I'm kissing a very drunk Bae Joohyun. Wait, I'm kissing the Kalos Champion, I can't be doing this!

Though every fiber of her being told her to keep her arms wrapped around the shorter girl, she forced herself to break away from the contact. It was a good thing she did, too, for not a second later, Irene fell into her arms, clearly unconscious.

Seulgi cursed, trying her best to keep the two of them upright and almost failing miserably. Her leg was throbbing, and the extra weight was not helping her situation. She fumbled around her belt and pulled out one of her Pokémon.

"Garchomp, a little help here," she grunted, releasing the giant shark Pokémon from its ball. It blinked impassively at its Trainer struggling to hold up the Champion. "Come on, you big lump, she's heavy."

The Garchomp huffed, but easily picked up the unconscious Irene, holding her gently in its claws. It glared pointedly at Seulgi and she sighed.

"You can judge me later; I'd like to get her up to our room before anything else happens."

Her Pokémon nodded and they headed up to the room, trying hard to avoid getting seen by any other students. This was not how I expected my night to end.

XXX

Shouldering the door open so her partner could walk through, Seulgi asked her Garchomp to set its quarry on the bottom bed, before recalling it and placing her Pokémon in their overnight healer.

"You know you're really not making things easy on me," she told Irene, brushing away a stray lock of hair from the Champion's face. She looked so peaceful when she was sleeping. "I was just getting used to us not being at each other's throats."

Rummaging around in Irene's drawers, she pulled out a comfortable looking T-Shirt and pants, setting them at the foot of the bed. Walking into the bathroom, she grabbed a bottle of ibuprofen from the medicine cupboard and filled a glass up with water.

Placing both down on the nightstand next to the bed, she set about taking off Irene's shoes and pulling a blanket over her to keep her warm.

"You're gonna wake up with a hell of a hangover tomorrow. Hopefully you won't remember the kiss either, I don't know how I'm gonna explain that."

Seulgi turned off Irene's table lamp and retreated to her loft to put her pajamas on. As she was getting ready for bed, her thoughts kept flashing back to that damn kiss. Feeling her cheeks color, she hurried to finish her evening routine before flopping into bed. Tomorrow's another day. Please say she won't remember, please let her forget.

She repeated that mantra in her head until she fell asleep.

XXX

The sun was shining through a gap in the window by Irene's bed and she resisted the urge to groan. , her head hurt. The last time she had felt like this, she had kissed Solar and Moonbyul had slapped her.

But unlike last time, someone had helped her into bed, and there was even a glass of water. Irene saw the bottle of ibuprofen, and all but grabbed it as she downed two of them and attempted to lever herself into a more upright position. Her dorm may have won the competition, but classes were to resume promptly the next day, leaving no room for excessive partying. So why did she feel as though an elephant had trampled on her face?

She spotted a pink post-it note attached to the bottle of ibuprofen and smiled softly. Irene, you looked like you had a rough night, so I dug up some medicine for what I'm sure is going to be a monster headache. –Seulgi

Speaking of Seulgi, it sounded like her roommate was currently in the shower, judging by the soft singing coming from that direction. Irene was thankful that Seulgi wasn't belting out her songs in the shower like she usually did. Resigning herself to rather crappy day, she grabbed her clothes and quickly got changed before checking on her Pokémon.

She was just about to knock on the door and ask if Seulgi was done hogging the bathroom, when it opened, steam billowing out to reveal her roommate in a towel. "Oh. Irene, I didn't expect you to be up this early."

"Yeah, well who could possibly sleep with all the racket you're making in the shower," the Champion groused, though her insult lacked its usual bite.

Seulgi's eyes widened. "I wasn't trying to be loud, I swear, sometimes I just get going and I can't stop…"

"Relax, you're not that annoying. The hangover from hell decided to show up and I thought a shower would help. What the hell happened last night?"

The taller girl blushed and stepped out of the bathroom, doing her best not to slip on the wood floor and avoiding eye contact with Irene. The Champion instantly got suspicious. She threw out an arm to stop her roommate and Seulgi's blush only intensified.

"Seulgi, what happened?"

Her roommate mumbled something unintelligible and Irene arched an eyebrow. "You…may have gotten drunk and kissed someone last night."

"I what? Oh me." Irene ran a hand through her hair and tried her best to recall what happened after she went to the party. Unfortunately, all she remembered was picking up a few drinks from what she thought was the student table. "Who was it? It better not have been Solar, I'd rather not get slapped again."

Seulgi merely stuttered and clutched her towel even tighter as she shouldered her way past Irene to get dressed. "It…wasn't Solar. It was dark, but I'm sure she was taller than you. The two of you seemed very into it."

"You didn't stop us?" Irene asked, looking surprised. Perhaps she was so used to having her every move scrutinized, it came as a shock that Seulgi didn't intervene. Wait…taller than me? "I didn't kiss Moonbyul last night did I?"

But her roommate didn't answer, rushing out of the dorm room with her hair still wet. Odd. But she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter