Chapter Two

Too Easy
Please log in to read the full chapter

He walked in to his house, dragging his feet to the couch. He felt weak and... empty. 

 

So this is how it feels like to be away from your mate. He sighed for the nth time that day.

 

He had heard about the effect before but he rolled his eyes everytime then because he thought it was so dramatic but now that he was experiencing it... 

 

He plopped himself on the couch, not minding the person who was already on the couch munching on his chips. The said person took his eyes away from the television to look at the newcomer.

 

"What's wrong with you?" he asked incoherently with his mouth full of his favourite chips. Some even flew out of his mouth to the man beside him. If it was another day, he would have been smacked already for being disgusting but today the man was too depressed to care.

 

Getting no response, he went back to his drama but was distracted by the scent coming from the person beside him. He took a long sniff to get a better smell of the scent. It was faint but his werewolf sense could catch the scent and it was sweet. He was too focused on the smell, not realizing he almost had his nose buried on the depressed werewolf. "The are you doing?" the man looked at him weirdly. 

 

The voice jolted him and he jerked his head away from the man. "What is this... sweet scent on you?" he asked, still in a daze.

 

He froze. Silence filled the air as the two looked at each other.

 

"I.. I met my mate.."

 

"..."

 

They both went silent for a few seconds until one of them let out a scream.

 

"JUNMYEON HYUNG, JONGIN MET HIS MATE!!"

 

*******

 

All six of them were in the living room after the loud scream. They said nothing as they looked at each other.

 

The oldest of them, Junmyeon cleared his throat, breaking the silence. "So... You met... Your... Mate?" he asked slowly.

 

He nodded and began to tell the whole pack what happened that day, but of course, leaving out the scene where he got punched by his mate. He'd rather smell Sehun's sweaty feet than letting them know about his embarrassing little moment.

 

They listened intently, eyes shining in awe. It would be nice, meeting the mate that have been destined to be with them for life. They all thought. Except for one. 

 

"You sure she's really your mate?" he asked, causing the excited wolf to halt from his story telling.

 

Smack!

 

"Ah!" He rubbed the back of his head with a painful expression on his face. It was not that hard actually, his hyungs would never hurt him because he was their babie.

 

"Don't mind him Jonginnie. I am so happy for you! I hope you will live happily ever after with her." Chanyeol who was the one responsible for smacking the youngest tried to cheer the now sad wolf up.

 

"Yeah. You said she was shocked and ran away, right? There's no way someone who used a witch's Love Potion would react that way." Junmyeon rationalized. 

 

"She's a good act-" he stopped when he received a glare from the same wolf who smacked him and rolled his eyes. "Whatever." he muttered under his breath.

 

"What should I do, hyung?" Jongin asked the leader of the pack for a solution. Of course, he wanted to claim her as soon as possible but there were so many things stopping him from doing so. The most important thing was that she was a human, who had no idea about the existence of his kind.

 

"Since she's a human, I think you should court her the human way." he tried giving his opinion although he was not so sure himself.

 

"You mean, get to know her, go on a date and stuff?" Kyungsoo, who was silent the whole time asked the leader.

 

"Yeah." he confirmed. "I mean, you can't just bite her out of nowhere. It's better for you to get to know each other first and tell her then."

 

Jongin nodded, agreed with his suggestion but then he remembered that she was a student at the same university he was teaching in. He lowered his head and muttered "But she's a student at my uni."

 

"So?" Baekhyun and Chanyeol asked in unison, not really finding the problem at the fact.

 

"It's unethical!" he exclaimed. 

 

"So? It's a human's rule and you are a werewolf. You don't have to follow human's rules." Chanyeol tried to convince him.

 

Baekhyun agreed, "Yeah, you are a werewolf before you are a teacher. So, the rules, go get her!" 

 

The others rolled their eyes at the two idiots' way of thinking, while Jongin was deep in his thought about his mate.

 

Baekhyun, who sat beside Jongin ruffled his hair. "I'm sure you'll be fine. You are destined to be together anyway."

 

********

 

She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. She was done with her classes for her first day. It was 4 in the afternoon and here she was, in front of a door with a 'Kim Jongin' sign attached to it.

 

Once she had gathered all the courage in her, she knocked the door with her knuckles. A part of her hoped that he was not in his room so that she could have an excuse to delay her meeting with him, but the other part of her wanted to get this all over with.

 

A few seconds had passed with no response. As she was about to turn around and leave, she heard a deep 'come in' from inside the room in front of her. She gulped before opening the door slowly, revealing the man she had planned to meet since last Friday, sitting on a chair, looking like he had been expecting and waiting for her to come see him in his office.

 

Oh, if only she knew how true it was. Of course, with his werewolf ability, he had sensed her presence from afar and he knew she would come to see him by the way she had been standing in front of his door for 5 minutes.

 

She quickly bowed to show her respect. "G-good a-afternoon, sir!" she stuttered. She looked at him and noticed his gazed fixed on her. Oh. He ditched the contact lens. She thought when she noticed his dark brown eyes staring at her.

 

"Um.. I-I.

Please log in to read the full chapter