Chapter Five

Too Easy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hyeri opened her eyes slowly as soon as she heard the sound of the alarm. She groaned in annoyance while her hand was searching around for the source of the noise and that was when she felt the arm that was wrapped around her middle tightened its grip. She shot up quickly to sit straight, "Who the fu-" she stopped when she saw Seri lying next to her on her bed.

 

Right.

 

Last night, Seri knocked on her door, saying that she felt lonely. Hyeri, having a soft spot for the girl invited her in to sleep with her. Of course Hyeri knew being with her did not help Seri getting rid of her gloomy feelings the result of being away from her wolves, but at least she was not sleeping alone. She glared at nothing at the thought of the stupid werewolves. It was Friday already, exactly a week before the full moon, and they have not made any move to tell her. The only thing they did when they were with her was gape like an idiot. Ugh idiots!

 

I have to do something. Again. She sighed. 

 

*******

 

 

"Seri-ssi!" the girl stopped walking when she heard the familiar voice calling her name. She turned her head around to see Chanyeol walking towards her and her face lit up like a Christmas tree upon landing her eyes on him. Chanyeol's heart was doing somersaults in his chest seeing how happy she was when she saw him. Once he was standing in front of his mate, he cleared his throat, trying getting rid of the overwhelming emotions. He did not want his eyes to change, did he? 

 

"Oh? Where's the other one?" he asked her when he noticed there was only one crutch with her. She beamed at him and showed him her ankle, "It's getting better now." 

 

"Really?" he asked, surprised. "That was fast." It's been like, two days since she hurt her ankle, how can she heal so fast? Then, his thought went to a certain friend of hers. It's probably her doings. 

 

She nodded at him before asking him what he was doing in her university. "Let's have lunch together." he smiled at her, feeling giddy at the thought of spending his time with her. But the smile then turned into a frown when he saw her pouting in guilt. "I'm sorry, Chanyeol-ssi. Hyeri promised to treat me to lunch today." she informed.

 

"Seri-yah!"

 

As if she could hear them talking about her, the girl in question appeared before them. She greeted Chanyeol with a smack on the back of his head, "Hi!" she grinned. Chanyeol glared at her although the smack did not hurt him in the slightest. "What was that for?" Still grinning annoyingly at him, she answered, "For being slow as hell." and that shut him up. 

 

"You guys get along well." Seri who had been watching their interaction commented. Then, she beamed at the two of them, "Let's have lunch together!" she suggested excitedly and who were they to deny her request?

 

"Well I don't mind." she said to her friend, "But we are not gonna eat in the campus today." Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at that. " Yeah? Then, where do you wanna go?" 

 

She looked at him and smirked, "Dokook."

 

 

-

 

 

"Are you sure we don't need to make reservation first?" Seri asked in worry when the Michelin starred restaurant greeted her view from inside the moving car. From the exterior alone, even if one knows nothing about the famous restaurant, they will definitely know it was not an ordinary restaurant. 

 

"Don't worry, we have Chanyeol-ssi here with us." her friend said nonchalantly causing a frown to appear on Seri's friend at the vague answer. "I don't understand..."

 

Chanyeol, wanting to clear his girl's curiosity and worry decided to answer her instead. "You know Chef Do? The owner? He's my friend."

 

"Oh." she looked at him in surprise. "But still-" 

 

"Don't worry Seri-yah." she interrupted her and pinched her cheek. "I'm sure even without Chanyeol-ssi with us, we still could get in there AND leave without spending a penny."

 

 

-

 

 

"Jeon, how you doing my man." Chanyeol greeted the buff man, which was probably the host of the restaurant. "Mr. Park! Good to see you. I'm good as always." he answered him while smiling brightly at the new guest then his eyes fell on the two girls behind Chanyeol. Chanyeol, noticing this, quickly said, "They are with me." 

 

 

"Did you make any reservation before, Mr. Park?"

 

 

"Of course not." He grinned at the man. "When do I ever ma-"

 

 

"Chanyeol?"

 

 

*******

 

 

Kyungsoo chopped the carrot swiftly like the professional that he was. Once he was done, he addressed the chef beside him, "Hyuk, you handle the rest." 

 

He went to the sink to wash his hands when his nose catched the smell of something quite familiar. And no, it was not the smell of food spreading all around the kitchen, it was something sweet, and nice, and- 

 

His eyes widened in recognition and within seconds, he was out of the kitchen.

 

With a quick pace, he walked mindlessly, with the scent of his mate being the source of direction. There was nothing in his head aside from his mate, who he would meet any seconds now, causing him to stumble a few times in his walk. Later, he found himself near the entrance of the restaurant and there, he noticed Chanyeol talking with his host with two girls standing behind him, one with a crutch. "Chanyeol?"

 

 

The people in the scene turned their heads towards him at his voice, including his mate. His eyes flashed when he locked eyes with her. 

 

 

"Oh! Kyungsoo-yah!" He heard Chanyeol called his name but his eyes remained on the girl he was dying to meet. The girl, on the other hand saw his golden eyes and said nothing as she had gotten used to it. Once he was right in front of her, she bowed to him in respect when she realized it was THE Chef Do standing in front of her. "Nice to meet you, sir." 

 

 

Kyungsoo said nothing and just stared at her like a fool.

 

 

Hyeri who was watching palmed her face. I'm so done with these fools. She then cleared loudly to gain his attention and thankfully it managed to snapped him out of his daze-on-the-first-meeting self.

 

 

"Oh." he blinked gaining his sense back and without thinking twice, took his mate's hand in his, and started walking slowly and carefully, not wanting to hurt her. "Come."

 

The host blinked in confusion at his boss's weird action and watched as Chanyeol and the girl who was left with him shook their heads before following the two towards the VIP room.

 

 

-

 

 

"Um... Excuse me... Shouldn't you be in the kitchen right now?" Chanyeol forced a smile on his face. 

 

 

Kyungsoo smiled at him in return. "Don't worry Mr. Park, I have enough chefs in the kitchen." 

 

 

Seeing this, Hyeri stood up from her seat. "I'm gonna go to the restroom." she informed her friend who was busy looking at the menu in fascination. "Oh. I'll accompa-" she stood up from her seat too when Hyeri stopped her. "It's okay!"

Please log in to read the full chapter