Jin

Misc Tumblr Drabbles

23. A kiss that tastes of the food/dessert they are eating.  + Jin

 

“You should try this one babe.” He holds the fork in front of your mouth and waits. He knows you well enough to not refuse his request.

 

 

You might just be the fussiest person he’s ever met when it comes to food but that didn’t deter him from pursuing you all those years ago. Rather, he was determined to open your eyes, and taste buds, to the wonders of the culinary world.

 

Time and time again you’d frustrated the out of him. He’d take you to a restaurant to try something new only to have you sigh and mumble about how there was nothing there that you wanted to eat. Or he’d toil away in the kitchen, crafting some new dish just for you only to have you eat three bites before pushing the food around and claiming that you weren’t that hungry.

 

 

Then he’d learned the power of sulking. You hated it when he sulked. You knew he was just being playful instead of getting mad at you but all the same, you felt bad. So you’d started trying new foods. Sure, occasionally the texture weirded you out but most of the time you found that he knew what you’d like. So you started trusting him more.

 

 

Tonight however, you were sure that he was ing with you. On the fork in front of you was a dessert. Apparently. To you it looked like jelly that had gone bad. But you’d promised. So you tried, you really really tried. You told yourself that it was only a small bite, that if you hated it that you could grab a chocolate bar out of the cupboard and eat the whole thing to get rid of whatever taste this thing had.

 

 

Still, your brain couldn’t get past the aesthetics of this dessert. Desserts were meant to look appetising, not like…well, this. Your boyfriend sighed, seemingly resigned to you refusing his offering. God, you didn’t want the sulk to come out tonight. So you took the fork from between his fingers and turned it around, moving it towards his lips.

 

 

“What are you doing?” He asked, surprised.

 

 

“Babe, it looks so gross. Can you please try it first, then I promise I will.” You did your best not to make a face as you said that you’d eat this stuff but you kind of failed.

 

 

Jin laughed softly. “You’re so cute. Insufferable, but cute.”

 

 

With that he closed his lips around the dessert and ate it. The moment that ‘food’ hit his taste buds you knew it wasn’t good. Try as he might, his face contorted into something not unlike disgust for a split second before he smiled and tried to sell it. “Mmmmm, so good.” He murmured as he tried to force it down.

 

 

“I love you but there is no ing way that I’m eating that now. Even you hated it!” You laughed.

 

 

If there was one thing you consistently forgot about your loving boyfriend, it was his strength and speed. Before you could blink he’d pulled your face towards him and kissed you, his soft lips crashing into yours before you could possibly squirm away.

 

 

Momentarily you forgot about what he’d just eaten, letting yourself get lost in the kiss. If there was one thing you never grew tired of, it was his kisses. He always kissed you with such love and warmth, whether the embrace was short and sweet or heated and passionate.

 

 

Today might change that though. Because then you tasted it. The lingering bitterness of the dessert seeped into your mouth, effectively ruining the kiss. You pushed Jin away from you with all of your might as you scrambled to find anything to rid your mouth of that foul taste. “NOT COOL!” You yelled as you grabbed some chocolate. “That ,” You pointed at the dessert in question, “is vile. How did you not gag!?”

 

 

All your wonderfully irritating boyfriend could do was laugh at you until his sides ached. “So worth it babe.”