Yoongi

Misc Tumblr Drabbles

2. A small, fleeting kiss - which is immediately followed by a passionate, hungry kiss.  + Yoongi

 

 

“Are you still doing your essay?” He asks as he wanders out of his room, making a beeline for the coffee machine.

 

 

By not looking away from the harsh glow of your screen you missed the disheveled dark mop of hair and sleepy movements of your roommate. You’d been so focused on this essay that you hadn’t really noticed the passing of time. For one thing, it was dark now. How long had it been dark? You had no idea. “Mmmhmm.” Was the best he was getting out of you.

 

 

“Do you even know what time it is?” He yawns as he gets a mug out of the cupboard. You had to finish this stupid essay tonight. If you didn’t then you couldn’t go to the party and you’d missed so many event this semester already. Past you thought it would be a great idea to do 5 units this semester and present you wanted to throttle her for it. You’d never been so stressed. Essays were all due in the same 2 week block, quizzes and discussions were every week and then there was the lectures and readings and it was a lot.

 

 

“Like 8?” You respond as you check your word count. 1249, only 751 to go. That shouldn’t take too long, maybe 2 more hours? If you just kept at it you were sure you could have this stupid essay finished before you went to bed. The sooner you could stop thinking about the psychology of morality and ethics, the better.

 

 

“Try 1 AM.” He replies.

 

 

“No.” You shake your head in disbelief. Finally looking up from your screen you turn to face the kitchen. “You only got back a little while ago and you had classes til 5 today.”

 

 

Yoongi chuckles at you. “I’ve been out twice since then. Once to get food and another to go to work.” He picks his coffee up and leaves the kitchen, making his way over to you. “You’ve been totally zoned out. What essay are you even working on?” He grabs one of the textbooks from the pile next to you and grimaces. “Psychology of Ethics & Morality. Did you intentionally plan this semester to make you hate your life?” He tosses the book back onto the pile it came from and hands you his mug.

 

 

“Did you burn your coffee Yoongi?” You quip.

 

 

Your words make his brow furrow in confusion. “What? No. I made it for you so that you’d hurry up and finish this essay so that you can sleep.” He sighs and pokes your arm to get your attention as your eyes have that zoned out look in them. Somehow he knew that you were exhausted but he didn’t really nag you about it since he would do the same thing to himself when he was overworked. You remembered your first year of living together when you thought he’d moved out because you hadn’t seen him in a week only to find out that he had 3 essays due on the same day and stayed up for 3 days straight to finish them, promptly passing out for 36 hours afterwards to recover.

 

 

Realising that you were still in your own little world, he clicked his fingers next to your ear, bringing you out of your thoughts instantly. You jumped, the sound of his fingers clicking startling you. “Have you even looked in a mirror lately? You make me look tanned. A first year asked if I was living with a zombie.” He pinches the bridge of his nose between his thumb and finger. “I wish I was kidding about that last one but seriously, you need to go outside. Get some vitamin D.”

 

 

“Are you trying to come onto me Yoongi?” The words leave your mouth before your brain can stop them. You knew he was only implying that you should reacquaint yourself with sunlight but the childish part of your brain, the part that had no filter decided to pick up on the innuendo. Usually you could keep that part of your mind in check, the witty retorts and stupid jokes that would embarrass you dying on the tip of your tongue but evidently when you were sleep deprived, you had no such control over it.

 

 

“What? N-no!” To your surprise, Yoongi looks flustered. You can’t be sure that you’re not imagining things but from where you’re sitting it appears that Min Yoongi, your roommate of two years is rendered speechless by a joke.

 

 

You start laughing and can’t stop. The very notion that Yoongi could be flustered by you was a joke. He’d lived with you long enough to have seen you at your worst - which was not right now, zombie pallor aside -  at your least flattering and at your weirdest. You’d heard him make far more lewd comments to his friends and to women he’d brought home. Maybe you were imagining it, or maybe you were just too overtired but the thought was ridiculous, so utterly ridiculous that it was funny and when you were sleep deprived if you laughed, you laughed until you couldn’t breathe, until you were crying. Even when the joke may not have been that funny. “Ohmygodyoushouldseeyourface” The words come out jumbled together as you struggle to regain your breath.

 

 

“Shut up.” He chides, doing his best to not laugh with you. “Drink the stupid coffee, finish the essay and sleep before I have to organise your funeral.” With that he gets up and goes back to his room, leaving you with your cursed essay.

 

 

The coffee helps, more than you want to admit. You’d skipped dinner unintentionally and must have been running on fumes before he’d come out to help you. With caffeine rushing through your system it only took you an hour to finish your essay. Not your best work but you could edit it after resting.

 

 

Rest would come after a shower though. You had managed to catch a glimpse of your reflection in the computer screen and you really could have passed for a zombie. So you got up and dragged yourself to the bathroom, letting out a sigh of relief when the hot water touched your skin.

 

 

You let you mind wander, happy for it to think of anything other than academic topics. You thought about the party and how you might find someone of interest. You thought about your bed, and how excited you were to be welcomed into its embrace. You thought about your roommate, prickly on the outside to strangers but kinder than he ever wanted anyone to acknowledge once you got to know him.

 

 

He cooked for you when he knew you were working late or if you were sick. He’d nag you about your health and tease you about your almost non existent social life. He was always down for a movie marathon or not leaving the apartment. Of all of the roommates you could have ended up with you were glad that it was Yoongi.

 

 

You felt refreshed as you finished wrapping the towel around your body, stepping out of the bathroom and bringing yourself closer and closer to your bed. You walked with your eyes closed, humming to yourself as you made your way down the hall.

 

 

Yoongi’s voice cut through your reverie. “Finished the essay?” He sounds like he was coming from the kitchen. He must have gotten up to get some water, he always forgot to take a bottle of it to put on his bedside table, no matter how many times you reminded him.

 

 

“Mmmhmm.” You reply.

 

 

“Finally going to bed?” He asks, his voice getting closer as he comes down the hall.

 

 

“Yup.” You open your eyes as you hear his footsteps draw near. He’s standing in front of you, his eyes staring. Just as you’re about to open your mouth to ask what he’s doing he lifts his hand and ruffles your hair, a smile creeping across his face.

 

 

“Good.” He nods, still staring at you.

 

 

In your sleep deprived state you don’t think before you act, your mind still drifting in and out of memories of your roommate looking after you, making you laugh and generally being a good guy, and you tilt your head up and lightly kiss his lips. The sensation is so light and quick that it could hardly be called a kiss. You fail to notice how his body has frozen in place, the shock of what you’d just done plain as day.

 

 

Your move past him to get to your room when he grabs you by the wrist, stopping you from reaching the thing you want most in this moment. You let out a weak whine at the inconvenience but it dies in your throat the moment you look up at him.

 

 

Yoongi’s eyes pin you to the spot as they search your face, for what you don’t know. Suddenly it dawns on you that you just kissed your roommate. Your lips touched his. Your eyes widen as your brain catches up to the reality of the situation you find yourself in now. Standing in the hall between the bathroom and your rooms, you clad in only a towel and Yoongi looking better than he has any right to in an oversized tee with track pants, holding you by the wrist and staring at you in a way that should make you feel uncomfortable. He doesn’t look mad, more he looks hungry.

 

 

His eyes roam your face as he steps forward, effectively pushing you against the wall. He hesitates for only a moment, just long enough for you to show any sign of resistance, before crashing his mouth against yours. His kiss is almost desperate, ravenous even. You move your mouth in sync with his, lips parting to allow your tongues to meet. He kisses you with such fervor that you have to push him away from you in order to catch your breath.

 

 

“Yoongi?” You ask breathlessly. “Who told you it was polite to kiss like that?”

 

 

He chuckles as he leans back into you, his body almost flush against yours. “Oh trust me, it’s not intended as polite.” He cuts off whatever words you were about to say by kissing you again, this time not literally taking your breath away before moving to kiss your jaw and neck. The passion in his movements is palpable and you struggle to think of any reason why the two of you hadn’t done this before now.