shorties: seven

Too Far for Me

After the incident with Dojin, Baekhyun couldn't tell the whole truth the Chanyeol. It was like Chanyeol refused to hear him out and keep bothering him with questions about his love life with his rival. Baekhyun knew they weren't on good terms since they would hate each other's guts when Chanyeol was still in high school. Dojin would compete with him to be the star in basketball and try to throw dirt on Chanyeol's reputation. Baekhyun was aware of how much Chanyeol disliked him, but now he seemed way too calm about his 'relationship' with the basketball player.

 

Majority of their conversations would be focused on Dojin and him. Chanyeol hated it, but he felt that this was the only way to get Baekhyun out of his mind. Even with their group of friends trying to tell Chanyeol otherwise, or even the truth, he was stubborn. He wanted Baekhyun to be happy instead. Now pulling up to the revenue, Dojin got out of his car and ran around to open the passenger door for Baekhyun. The smaller hopped out of the car with Jongdae and Kyungsoo coming out of the back seat and faced the huge banner that was hanging at the entrance: Welcome to the Masquerade Prom!

 

Baekhyun looked at his two best friends as they wore their masks. Dojin got all of Baekhyun's friends to come by making his friends court them to come for Baekhyun's sake. As for Baekhyun, he made sure Minseok was coming in secretly with the outline he sent him before arriving to be with Jongdae. Tonight was the night he would be in a 'relationship' with Dojin, and the two of them were happy that they were going to end it for once and for all. Dojin's love interest was attending prom. Chanyeol? He had to study for his final exams. Baekhyun attempted to try to get Chanyeol to go because he skipped both opportunities for prom, but ultimately failed since finals were more important than hanging out in nice clothes until two in the morning. Chanyeol had a good excuse regardless.

 

Jongin and Sehun pulled up in Jongin's borrowed car from his dad and got out. Jongdae checked his phone before gasping out loud. "Minseok is already inside! I gotta see him!" He said before dashing inside of the venue. Kyungsoo followed him shortly to leave Dojin and Baekhyun alone.

 

The taller glanced down at Baekhyun before smiling down at him. "Happy?" He asked and Baekhyun nodded. "Lowkey gonna miss you, Baekhyun. You better keep in touch with me and let me know if that loser if yours."

 

Baekhyun giggled before nodding his head. "Of course! You better get your boo with all those little things I've taught you!" Dojin grimaced at what he went through with Baekhyun and began leading them inside of the building. "It'll pay off in the end. I promise you," Baekhyun said before wrapping his arm in the elder's as they walked up the steps.

 

It was awkward to know that his fake relationship is ending tonight, but it didn't stop him from thinking about when his real relationship will begin. Baekhyun had to admit that he learned a lot of stuff from Dojin. Besides the cheesy gestures and cute sayings, Dojin would spit ual stuff here and there just to tease Baekhyun about Chanyeol, his high school rival. The both of them would miss each other in a way, but they are happy to actually be with the ones they love.

 

For the past two hours, everyone has been dancing and taking their good time to eat and take pictures. Baekhyun had to remain with Dojin until his crush comes to him. That would be Baekhyun's cue to leave once Dojin's friends get his crush to dance with him. Minseok was too busy being with Jongdae and becoming oh so close with him, which caused Baekhyun to turn into a hypeman from a distance towards his best friend. Jongin and Kyungsoo were hogging most of the food instead of dancing because they wanted to take advantage of the food before getting up. Sehun was constantly dragging Jungmyeon to dance on the dance floor after having to be stuck with the girl who helped Baekyun take Jungmyeon. Everyone was happy. During a specific slow song, Baekhyun was paired up with Dojin until someone approached him. It was one of Dojin's ex girlfriends. 

 

"Baekhyun? Can I borrow you?" She asked before shooting a glare at Dojin, who seemed to get the cue and encouraged Baekhyun to go with her before blowing a kiss at him. Baekhyun chuckled before following the girl.

 

She lead him to the drinks table where Kyungsoo and Jongdae were. He looked at them questioningly and earned a small shrug from them. Baekhyun turned back to see Dojin on the floor with his crush and he felt a sense of relief that the plan worked for him.

 

"You guys are one of the few sophomores here! I want to give you three a toast!" She said as she shoved shot glasses in their hands. Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows together while looking at Jongdae who was sniffing the liquid. Baekhyun also took a sniff and immediately scrunched his face. "It's a special drink we give to underclassmen, and this year you three have been selected in honor of the other underclassmen to take the toast."

 

"Is it alcoholic?" Kyungsoo asked and she immediately shook her head.

 

The three looked at each other warily before confidently taking the shot. Kyungsoo, being a top student in his psychology class, knew that the girl was lying and overheard beforehand of the plan that Dojin's friends were doing. It was one of the traditions that the popular students would do to those who are gay or identify with the LGBTQ community. He knew his two friends weren't aware of it and were pressured into drinking it, so he took a shot with them for their sake. Once they drank in the shot and began complaining about how it tasted alcoholic and how it made their vision blurry, a group of students nearby crowded around them and directed them outside to the garden.

 

Unaware of the situation amongst the crowd, Sehun, Jongin, Minseok, and Jungmyeon were sitting at their table. To their surprise, someone came up to their table and placed his hands around Jungmyeon's neck.

 

"WHO IS— Chanyeol?" Jungmyeon gasped once he saw Chanyeol laughing down at him.

 

Everyone looked and started cheering in excitement as Chanyeol greeted everyone with a hug. He had his hair up and was in his best suit. Chanyeol decided last minute to take Minseok's advice and go to prom. Minseok begged him before leaving to go because it would be his chance to confess to Baekhyun on his special night. Being a coward, Chanyeol refused and locked him out of their dorm. Another thing that made Chanyeol force himself to go was he was afraid of Baekhyun being targeted into one of those plans against the gays, which was literally happening.

 

"Where's Baekhyun? I need to talk to him," Chanyeol asked the boys while they were shaking their heads.

 

"We don't even know where Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Jongdae are. Baekhyun was dancing with Dojin and then some girl took him away. She also took the other two," Jongin explained. "I have been trying to find my boo!" He cried before leaning towards Sehun for comfort.

 

A distant scream was heard and Chanyeol shot his head towards the door that lead to the garden. He quickly got all of them to follow him out without looking suspicious and went to the garden. The three were tied up while sitting back-to-back against each other. They were all conscious again after drinking the liquor and were staring at Dojin's previous ex. Baekhyun looked at her with a questioning stare before looking down with a chuckle.

 

"All of this because we are gay and I took your man?" Baekhyun croaked. "You're so low!"

 

Jongdae yelped out loud in another attempt to find help. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the elder whining as he tried to free himself from the restraints. 

 

"Give me the liquor," Jongdae breathed out. "I rather get blank drunk than to sit here and remember this!" He cried while shaking his tied hands behind his back. Baekhyun remained still while Kyungsoo scooted himself away from Jongdae.

 

Kyungsoo huffed out loud when Jongdae accidentally kicked his leg. "Clearly you are begging to be , Dae," he sighed before Jongdae stopped his movements. The two friends looked at him with wide eyes before he cocked his head at them. "What? It's true. We're getting ed—"

 

"I AM NOT LOSING MY ITY TO THESE ERS!" Jongdae screamed.

 

"He's right!"

 

Everybody turned around to see Chanyeol and the others around him. Baekhyun swore he heard his heart through his brain when he saw Chanyeol. He looked so damn hot while looking intimidating. Kyungsoo glared at his boyfriend to do something while Jongdae began crying. The group of students looked at Chanyeol with fear in their eyes as they looked at their former classmate.

 

"I hope you all had a great time tonight because the principal is ordering for all of you to face the consequences first thing on Monday morning," Chanyeol said before letting the principal behind him handle them.

 

The boys quickly rushed to the three to get them out of their restraints. Jongdae's cry grew whinier when Minseok specifically helped him out. Kyungsoo got up first with the help of Jongin and rolled his eyes at him with a smile on his face. His boo didn't waste any more time and hugged the daylights out of him, which caused Kyungsoo to softly chuckle before being dragged inside. Sehun and Jungmyeon helped Jongdae up before taking him to the bathroom with Minseok following them. Then there was Chanyeol and Baekhyun left outside of the garden. The hot feeling in his cheeks were burning his whole body up as he looked at Chanyeol's worried expression. What he didn't expect was for the taller to gently grab his face in between his palms.

 

"I can't tell if the alcohol is making you burn up like this or some type of drug was in the drink," Chanyeol croaked before moving his hand to his forehead. "Your cheeks are so pink, Baek. I can't believe they did this to all of you."

 

Keep touching me. Do not stop touching me please. Baekhyun's mind screamed as he felt his cheeks becoming hotter than it can impossibly can. The way Chanyeol was worrying over him was so good that he didn't think he can continue to keep his cool down. He wanted to tell him right on the spot how much he cherishes him and how much he loves him. It was the perfect moment to confess, but it might be inappropriate since he was almost by upperclassmen under the tiny influence of liquor.

 

Baekhyun followed Chanyeol's eyes as they were focused on him. He could see himself in those eyes, but he wasn't sure if it was the alcohol that made him see that. "C-Chanyeol? Can I ask you something?"

 

The giant nodded immediately. "Please. I needed you to say something," he begged.

 

"Can you see yourself in my eyes like I see mine in yours?" Baekhyun asked cautiously while remaining eye contact. He has never been this intimate with Chanyeol before. It made him feel a sense of confidence. Baekhyun's eyes lit up when Chanyeol nodded.

 

"I can... Is it weird?" Chanyeol asked. His hands remained on Baekhyun's face before softly caressing his cheeks, which caused Baekhyun to slightly widen his eyes. "We should go inside, hm?" He said before placing his hand on Baekhyun's lower back to guide him inside. "We need to find the others. Let's get out of here.

 

[shorties: seven]

 

Chanyeol decided to take everyone out to a restaurant eat and hang out around the Han River by renting bikes and walking around. Sehun and Jungmyeon rented a two seat bike while Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Minseok rentend a three seat bike. It was only Jongdae left with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, and he was feeling a bit mischievious after being treated to dinner. He managed to convince the two to ride a bike with him and rode around the park with him asking them questions that were bluntly hinting their crushes on each other.

 

After riding around for awhile, they all scattered around the area while Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked close to the river side-by-side. The evening felt different to Baekhyun, especially being around Chanyeol. He never had the strong urge to confess until now. He didn't really know how to approach him with it. The gut feeling inside of his stomach was pushing him to say something because the comfortable silence was a little too much to bear. The younger took one look at the giant before biting back a smile. The butterflies in his stomach were crawling up and he felt his heart beginning to accelerate.

 

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol called out before stopping in the middle of the wooden crosswalk. Baekhyun stopped in front of him and looked at him with a small smile on his face. The expression on his face was never something that Baekhyun has ever faced with, and the moment Chanyeol opened his mouth, he knew exactly why he looked that way. "I am in love with you."

 

Chanyeol watched as the smaller's eyes lit up and sparkled like the lights around them. He felt the world stopping around them when Baekhyun closed the gap between them and wrapped his arms around his body. "Park Chanyeol, confessing to me? I can never wrap my head around this," he said quietly. "Even after my so-called relationship?"

 

Chanyeol rose an eyebrow. "So-called?"

 

Baekhyun let out a breathy laugh. "You never let me tell the truth about it. I was in a fake relationship to help Dojin escape heterouality," he explained. "It was never like that. I have never kissed him either."

 

Inside of Chanyeol's head was utterly chaos. He praised to heaven that his Baekhyun was never in a relationship with that guy. No words couldn't escape his mouth as he gawked at the puppy. Baekhyun couldn't hold back his laughter before bringing his face closer to the giant, causing his eyes to become larger and his ears to turn crimson red. The younger softly grabbed onto Chanyeol's ears before giggling.

 

"There was probably some type of drug in that drink, but that doesn't stop me from being so confident tonight." Baekhyun said as he rubbed the ears between his fingers. "I can finally say what I've been wanting to say since the day we met. As crazy as it sounds, I may not know what love is, but I can definitely say that you are a prime example of what it is, and you are what I want."

 

The elder gulped a hard lump in his throat as he absentmindedly wrapped his hands around his waist, bringing the smaller closer to him, if it was even possible since they were at their closest. "Don't talk anymore," he croaked, "I feel the exact same way since the day we met. I love—"

 

Baekhyun giggled interruptedly. "Can't I say those three words before you do something experimental?"

 

Chanyeol shook his head. "Not until I show it." Then, with all of the courage he had, Chanyeol closed the distance between their lips and kissed Baekhyun. Behind them, fireworks broke out into the sky as Baekhyun shyly tried to kiss him back. They pulled back surprisingly before looking at the fireworks with wide smiles plastered on their faces. Baekhyun immediately dragged the giant's ears to look at him before stealing a small peck on his lips.

 

"Park Chanyeol, I love you too."

 

After that evening and finding out that their friends were quietly watching them from a distance, Chanyeol and Baekhyun had to wait to start their relationship as a couple. It didn't happen right away since Chanyeol's parents wanted to put him to the test to see how serious he is to become Baekhyun's boyfriend. Although Baekhyun protested against it and tried to prove them that Chanyeol is responsible, they still wanted to torture their son a bit. It took him a year when Baekhyun turned seventeen and he proved himself to his parents how patient he was to date him. With their permission, they granted him to date Baekhyun as well as Baekhyun's parents. It was the happiest day of their lives, and they made promises to each other to experience this relationship together. No matter how bad it can be, they will find ways to fix it together.

 

The bell finally rung for the end of the school day and Baekhyun was the first to rush out of his last class. With Sehun and Kyungsoo following him, they reached him at his locker.

 

"What's with the rush?" Sehun asked, trying to catch his breath.

 

Baekhyun opened his locker to grab his sweater as he threw his textbooks inside. Kyungsoo's eyes caught the inside of the locker as it was filled with polaroid pictures of Baekhyun and his boyfriend. Barely any of the pictures he had with Jongdae and him were in there!

 

"Your locker has been Chanyeol-fied, idiot." Kyungsoo spat before Baekhyun slammed it shut. "I am slowly regretting my decision to let you two be together."

 

The boy bursted into giggles before facing his best friend. "I will never forget you guys! Don't ever think that I will, okay?" Baekhyun pulled out his phone out of his uniform slacks before opening a message from Chanyeol. "Ah, he's pulling up. I'll see you guys at school tomorrow to celebrate our last day of junior year, okay?" Before they could say goodbye, Baekhyun rushed out of the school, leaving them chuckling happily at him.

 

Once Baekhyun came out of his school and rushed down the concrete steps to go towards the gate, he saw the familiar Vespa bike with his boyfriend leaning over the handles. Chanyeol smiled once he saw his baby and sat up straight when Baekhyun made his way over. With open arms, Chanyeol took his boyfriend into his embrace with a giggling puppy tucked against his chest.

 

"Hi baby," Chanyeol cooed before Baekhyun leaned away from him, "ready to go?"

 

Baekhyun shook his head, which caused Chanyeol to widen his eyes. "No?" He shook his head again.

 

"I want a kiss!" Baekhyun chirpped.

 

"Since when were you this confident? I want three reasons so I can make up my mind," Chanyeol teased before witnessing his boo cross his arms with an annoyed expression. He hated it when he is asked to state the reasons why he wanted a kiss.

 

"Well— tomorrow is my last day as a junior so I will be a senior—"

 

"Mhm."

 

"I aced all of my finals—"

 

"One more."

 

Baekhyun became silent. He knew Chanyeol loved to hear him say it because it was the only reason why he wanted a small smooch from him before going home. Glancing around his surroundings, he grabbed onto the straps of his book bag before blushing madly down at his giant. "I just want a kiss," he sighed before Chanyeol pulled him by the waist to give him what he wanted. After Baekhyunw was satisfied, he helped Chanyeol put his helmet before kissing him through the protector and hopping on the bike behind him. Chanyeol passed him his helmet and made sure the younger puts it on before starting the engine.

 

With his arms securely around Chanyeol's waist, Baekhyun leaned in to look at his boyfriend in the mirror. Once Chanyeol caught him looking, the giant smiled shyly before checking for incoming traffic. "I love you so much, Byun Baekhyun."

 

[shorties: seven]
 

That wasn't short but it's whatever. The past series is over! I will resume the story in the next update.

Please read my other fic Byun, the Californian Prince!

Now choose one wisely: big eyes or shy giant #2? Answer in the comments! ;)