four

Too Far for Me

He didn't know what he liked more. From the Statue of Liberty to the Brooklyn Bridge, Baekhyun couldn't tell what was his favorite attraction. Still blonde, clingy, and short, Baekhyun was flown out from Seoul by Chanyeol's parents to attend his graduation ceremony. He arrived prior to the ceremony and took those days to practice his broken English and explore the city by himself. This also made him go MIA on Chanyeol, who is currently freaking out about where his baby was and how he is doing. For the past two years, their relationship has been going strong. They were very open with each other and they remained consistent despite their time zone differences. They've grown very hormonal throughout the two years, and what changed was that Baekhyun was sending more than just photos of himself. He sent video clips, audio messages, a photobook with more photos and polaroids... anyways! The love still remained strong. Perhaps maybe stronger than ever.

 

Baekhyun finished taking selfies at Central Park before going across a lake in the park. He was on the bridge as he saw a boat come into his view from under the bridge. He smiled at the couple as they were taking in the beauty of nature around them. The thought of being on a boat with his boyfriend excited him because he was waiting to finally meet him. Since the day he landed, he was guided by Yixing into his temporary stay at a hotel and throughout the city. For the past two days, Yixing has been helping him with everything he needed, including English since he had a thick accent. There were times where Chanyeol would call Yixing while he was with Baekhyun and suspects the elder of keeping something away from him, which was true.

 

The phone in his pocket vibrated as he went through his jacket to check it. It was another message from his giant begging him to answer him. It was Chanyeol's parents that told him to purposely ignore him because they wanted to torture him. They think that he would be more surprised to see him this way, especially if it gives Baekhyun more time to be familiarized with the city since he is staying with Chanyeol until he decides to move back home to Seoul.

 

No matter how tempted he is, he ignored it. "Wait until tomorrow baby," he whispered under his breath before putting it in his pocket. Sighing, he walked off the bridge to go find some local stores nearby.

 

[four]

 

It was nearly afternoon when Chanyeol was sitting outside of his bedroom balcony overlooking the city. He was living in an apartment with Yixing for a year after deciding to live off campus with each other. He built everything that is inside of the apartment and did all of the interior designing. He even made a studio office for the two of them to work on their music alongside with Jongdae and Minseok through video calls and sending audio clips back and forth. The four of them made a great team together while Chanyeol is in New York. It was settled that the album they prepared two years ago was ready to be released, and all profits will benefit charities. There was no purpose for the album besides raising money to help those in need.

 

Chanyeol felt like his head was going to explode as he slouched on the outdoor couch. He ran his hand through his black wavy hair before pulling it back from his forehead. He let out a long sigh while staring at his phone on the coffee table in front of him. What the hell is going on with his baby? The last time he heard from him was exactly two days ago at approximately three in the morning for him. The last message he received was an 'I love you,' and it made him sick to his stomach to think about all of the possible scenarios in his head. Did he get sick? Is he too busy working as a nurse in two locations? Did his parents kidnap him? Did the boys kill him? Whatever it was, he needed to know!

 

He jumped off of his couch and walked towards the railing. He leaned down to see how far he was from the ground and sighed. Yixing walked passed his room to find him leaning over the railing and quickly ran over to him. "You better not think of anything crazy!" He shouted, causing Chanyeol to laugh. "Your behavior is very suspicious, Chanyeol!"

 

"Just seeing how far we are so I can see if I want to kill myself from anxiety," Chanyeol's voice grew louder as he gripped onto the railing. "What the hell is he doing? I am worried sick. The photos on my walls are haunting me too," he cried while messing up his short hair.

 

Yixing calmed him down by taking him away from the railing and soothing his back. "Again, he could be exhausted from work. Remember he works at the hospital too," he reminded him. "Imagine how exhausting it is to work at a school for eight hours and serving a night shift at a hospital."

 

Chanyeol always remembered that. "I know, but he has never been silent for days. I would be busy with our gigs, our music, and my part-time job as a interior designer, yet I can never go days without talking to him."

 

The elder only sighed before guiding him inside. "You need to relax. Here, how about you take a rest and I can make you ramdon? You have an appointment later, so I suggest you to take a nap," Yixing said as he sat Chanyeol down on the edge of his bed. "Ignore the photos since they give you more anxiety. Don't open your phone since he is on there—" A sniffle came out of the almost thirty-year-old that silenced Yixing. "I said what I said. Don't die on me, okay?" He said as he shuffled out of the room.

 

Once he was out of the room, he grabbed his phone from the dining table and dialed Baekhyun's number. Taking care of a whiny Chanyeol was too much if it involved Baekhyun, and Yixing was on the edge of exposing the whole plan. However, for the sake of Chanyeol's family's request, he had to comply until later. He peeked into Chanyeol's cracked door to see the elder staring at the window ceiling until he heard the line connect.

 

"Yixing? What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked in a hushed tone. It sounded like he was listening to people perform outside on the streets. "Is Chanyeol at his appointment yet?"

 

Yixing hummed. "No, he's not. He'll leave soon, so I'll let you know. However, he's at the edge," he replied as he walked towards the kitchen.

 

Chanyeol groaned as he looked at the photos pasted on his slanted ceiling besides the window ceiling. There was no way he could've done something wrong to his baby. None that he could recall. His graduation is in two days and he didn't remember ignoring Baekhyun's messages to prepare for the ceremony. He's been consistent and never missed anything from Baekhyun. What else was there to question himself? Chanyeol didn't know. He had one thing to question though, and it was about why Yixing keeps laughing and yelling out Baekhyun's name.

 

He shook his head while shutting his eyes. "No, you are hallucinating. You haven't slept well, Chanyeol. That's not what Yixing is actually saying... unless?" Chanyeol stopped mumbling to hear Yixing call Baekhyun out. His stubborness led him to ignore what the elder was really saying and he chose to close his eyes again to succumb to a nap.

 

"When he leaves, you can come and bring most of your stuff to the apartment. I'll hide it in the spare room unless Chanyeol wants to use it to play his games," Yixing said as he boiled the water.

 

Baekhyun hummed. "Yeah, that'll be good. I'll start going back to the hotel then. Keep an eye out for that old man for me. Just reassure him that I am fine," he said as he made his way out of the busy street he was on. "Once again, I'm sorry for causing him to be a pain in the . He's been clingier than usual."

 

"I expected it," Yixing laughed as they said their goodbyes and ended the call. Just as he was taking out the two packets of ramen, he leaned his back to find out that the younger fell asleep through the small opening of the door. Maybe he'll eat the food instead. 

 

[four]

 

The second Chanyeol left the apartment to go on with his job as an interior design assistant, Yixing phoned Baekhyun and the blonde rushed out of his hiding spot in the hallway. He didn't get to glance at Chanyeol, but he felt comfort when he found out that he never changed his cologne, which was his favorite. After a quick tour of the apartment and trying to stop Baekhyun from crying at every single part of Chanyeol's room, they finally hid Baekhyun's belongings in the spare room before ordering a pizza and sitting in front of the television screen in the living room.

 

Baekhyun finished his fourth slice before gulping down a soda and letting out a satisfied burp. Yixing followed him with his soda and placed his plate on his lap. "I don't think I will ever get tired of cheap New York pizza," Baekhyun said as his hand twitched to grab his fifth slice. "It's so addicting. The greasiness, the amount of cheese, the crust— please stop me! I've gained about five pounds just from pizza and other restaurants!"

 

The elder quickly grabbed his wrist as he laughed. "There, happy?" Baekhyun nodded before reaching for a napkin. "Sheesh, you're exactly how Chanyeol described you," Yixing said with a teasing smirk on his face.

 

"Uh? What's that supposed to mean? Have I changed?" The blonde asked with alertness in his doe eyes. 

 

Yixing shook his head. "No. In fact, I think you're the same. Just skinnier due to two jobs." He wasn't lying with the weight. He almost allowed Baekhyun to eat the second box they bought. "Anyways, no, you've not changed. You're still that cute, enthusiastic, loving, and short little guy that he has fallen in love with his whole life." He confessed. "Since you're so skinny, eat more. I'll allow it."

 

"Say less. I'd knew you would let me," Baekhyun giggled as he dragged the closed box towards him. "Also, it feels weird to hear that from you. Actually, it feels weird to hear that since the day he left. I never had any outside reassurance from our friends and family. It was always him who reminded me, or maybe just myself with my memories."

 

Yixing felt shocked once the smaller said that. Before Baekhyun arrived, he always assumed that Baekhyun would secretly doubt Chanyeol despite reassuring the taller every single day with every chance he had. There were times where Chaneyol would doubt his own self because he loved the boy too much to the point it hurted him. The distance took a toll on him, but it all fades away once Baekhyun's name pops up in his notifications. Yixing always trusted Chanyeol, but he never fully saw Baekhyun's side of the relationship. He only knew him as Chanyeol's other half who might be at the edge of dropping him. He was glad that he could prove himself wrong because the person Chanyeol always bragged about was right besides him, halfway into the pizza box with grease on his face as his eyes are glued to the sappy movie on television. Yixing couldn't help but to chuckle at his own stupidity. He should've known better.

 

"So, what time should I be at the graduation?" Baekhyun asked with his mouth full. Yixing only laughed before giving him an answer. This kid is definitely Chanyeol's everything.

 

[four]

 

The one thing that Baekhyun did not expect to face in the midst of getting lost on campus was to be bombarded by crowds of undergraduates screaming for his giant and Yixing. He was aware that the two did some gigs and had a small fanbase, but he didn't expect that 'small' was the whole fricking university. Or even, the whole city! As he escaped the crowd trying to find the best spot in the stadium, Baekhyun found a lucky spot behind the graduating class with the rest of the graduates' families. Once he sat down, someone aggressively tapped on his shoulder and he quickly turned around. A girl, probably a rising sophomore, had wide eyes and a nervous smile as she stared at him.

 

"You took my seat!" She exclaimed over the loud music. Baekhyun glanced at the person besides him and back at her. "You heard me! This seat is taken!"

 

"Does it have your name on it?" Baekhyun asked in the best way as he possibly can pronounce. He glanced behind his seat before shaking his head. "I see nothing."

 

The girl refused. "No, I was here before you took it. That's really ignorant of you!"

 

"Well too bad!" The woman besides Baekhyun silenced her, making the girl scramble away. "Goodness, she is one of those girls who were fighting over this seat. I am sorry about that," she said as Baekhyun shook his head. "Who are you here for?"

 

Baekhyun took a quick glance around the stadium before smiling at her. "Park Chanyeol," he said proudly.

 

The woman gasped. "That artist every person in this city is going crazy over? Is he your friend?"

 

Baekhyun's cheek began to turn pink as he shook his head to her question. "N-No, he's my fiancé," he awkwardly confessed as the woman began to smile lovingly. "Please don't tell anyone!"

 

"Oh! I wouldn't tell a soul until the man comes out himself. Congratulations on being so lucky!" she patted his hand before the ceremony began with the cue of the lights dimming. At the back of the stadium where the main entrances are, all of the graduates were lined up alphabetically. Baekhyun knew that somewhere in that crowd, his giant will be in his cute cap and gown. However, he was faced with something else. Cheerleaders came rushing down the aisles as loud music began to echo throughout the stadium. It sounded nothing like a traditional college band music, but instead it was something different. The whole stadium began to erupt into loud screams when two lights lit upon two figures.

 

"No ing way," Baekhyun mumbled to himself as he sees his giant walking down the aisle closest to him while rapping. Yixing was on the other side following him. The night before the ceremony, Yixing never told Baekhyun of what was going to happen during the ceremony. This was definitely a surprise that had to be sunken into his head.

 

Right when Chanyeol was coming closer to his section, Baekhyun stiffened in his seat in hopes of his giant not noticing him. Baekhyun studied how the volume of his voice inched closer towards him, and he shifted in his seat to face left and Chanyeol completely missed him as he started running on the stage. The woman nudged him teasingly as he blushed. It would've been a disaster if he was exposed. Yixing sang his line as he went on stage and the two had the whole stadium on their feet. They were even chanting to the music, and it made the adrenaline in Baekhyun burst. He was so proud of them, especially Chanyeol. He never expected his husband to be so popular in another country. 

 

Right after the performance, the ceremony officially began in its traditional way. Chanyeol and Yixing changed into their graduating attire before making their way to their seats. What took Baekhyun out was that they were sitting sirectly in front of him, and they didn't notice him. A bunch of girls sitting rows behind Baekhyun started to squeal as they become envious of those in the row behind the two. Baekhyun was only grateful to have sharp eyes to find the seat. He was exactly behind the love of his life on his special day.

 

Baekhyun watched and recorded the whole ceremony. He captured the moments when Chanyeol and Yixing would get their diplomas and the fans going crazy over them as they try to touch their hands and make them sign autographs. He was really proud of them for accomplishing their goals, but he was also nervous because now he has to face a crying Chanyeol. During the post-ceremony, Baekhyun waited outside of the stadium with a small bouquet of flowers in his hands. He didn't check if his hair was sticking up in weird places or if his lips were chapped, but all the worries faded away when he saw Yixing blocking Chanyeol's eyes. Once Chanyeol was standing six feet in front of Baekhyun, Yixing removed his hands and the giant screamed on the top of his lungs.

 

"YOU! BYUN BAEKHYUN? NO IT CAN'T BE. OH, IT HAS TO BE!" Chanyeol was between sobs and laughter before he tackled Baekhyun down to the grass with his hand completely guarding the back of his head. Baekhyun giggled out loud as his face wad being peppered with salty wet kisses before pinching his sides to bring him back to reality. The giant immediately caressed his face as Baekhyun wiped the tears off of his face. "Baekhyun, is it really you?" He croaked as tears began to fall down his face again. At last, Baekhyun nodded and tears escaped his eyes. They were finally in each other's arms. They were finally home. Except for the girls finding out that their idol is gay and engaged to someone ten times more beautiful than them.

 

[four]

 

The two spent their remaining time in New York before officially deciding to move back to Seoul to decide on the next chapter of their lives. Chanyeol and Baekhyun discovered new things about each other while they were away from each other. Ranging from new habits to new kinks, don't even ask, they learned to embrace their new traits and further their love for each other. It was hard for Chanyeol to leave Yixing once he announced it to him, but Yixing proposed that he would follow Chanyeol to join his team with Jongdae and Minseok. Without hesitation, the giant agreed and they officially became a team once Chanyeol released his long awaited album. After a month living in New York with Baekhyun, the pair decided to fly back to Seoul for new plans, and it all started when Chanyeol got on his knee in their apartment living room.

 

Baekhyun had a worried expression on his face as he looked at his kneeling giant. "Look, I know you love me, but I'm tired of being engaged to you," he chuckled as he swung his feet off the floor. "What do you want now, my soon-to-be-husband?"

 

"Well," Chanyeol cleared his throat, "after careful consideration since the drop of the album, I've decided on something that resulted in the successes of it." He pulled out his phone and quickly scrolled to find what he was looking for. Once he found it, he presented it to his baby. "Byun Baekhyun, will you officially live with me under a roof where you can scream my name all you want?"

 

Baekhyun squinted his eyes as he zoomed into the confirmation of being owners of a house in UN Village. Gasping, Baekhyun's eyes sparkled as he stared at the keys Chanyeol showed in front of him and he nodded his head immediately. He wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled him in between his legs. "YES! I'LL SCREAM YOUR NAME FOR LIFE!"

 

With shocked eyes, Yoora along with Jongdae and Minseok looked at each other before closing their kitchen window. "I guess he proposed the new house to him," Minseok laughed.

 

Two years later, happily married, Baekhyun waited for his two month husband to return from work. Not only is he an interior designer for celebrities and other famous people, but he is an international artist with his other three members: Jongdae, Minseok, and Yixing. With a bigger company that they've built all by themselves, their main objective remains the same as the benefit charities and worldwide organizations for those in need. Baekhyun heard the door open as he got up from the couch with Toben in his arms. He padded towards the entrance and saw his husband rush inside.

 

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at your first awards ceremony? Wait— what is that?" Baekhyun asked before he got silenced with a kiss on the lips. Chanyeol slipped a small box in his hand before kissing him again.

 

"It's my gift to you for supporting me since the day our first official album got released after two years of working on mini albums. Even if I win, I'll give you something better, hm?" Chanyeol said as he carefully took Toben out of Baekhyun's arms.

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened as he realized what was happening. "Did you find out you won?" He scrunched his face up at his giant. "That ruins it, honey!"

 

"I don't care. We won all five categories!" Chanyeol rejoiced before snaking his arms around his baby. "I have an hour to spare before I actually have to go," he suggested. 

 

Baekhyun took a glance at the box before placing it on the coffee table. "As revenge, I already know what you got me. You forgot that your name is under my email, huh?" He said cheekily as his arms wrapped around his neck. "Now give me a kiss before I call Jungmyeon to come pick you up," he demanded, and he received.

 

The End.

 

[Too Far for Me]

 

Hmm, do you think it's over? Hehehe find out soon :P Thank you for loving this fic! I hope you all have loved it as much as I have. I'll miss it for sure, but don't think it was the last of it ;)

Read my new summer fanfic