shorties: six

Too Far for Me

[shorties = short side stories of past and other members]

 

Two months of "dating" and Baekhyun was forced to go to his "boyfriend's" basketball championship. It has been two months since Dojin made a proposal of a fake relationship with the one of the school's openly gay students, and Baekhyun happened to be able to fulfill his request. It wasn't easy adjusting to the lifestyle of having a relationship, and with Dojin, it was so ing annoying. To have the whole school fooled by the two, students have been calling them the school's lovers, and he wanted to start a fight everytime the girls would talk about him for acting so cold towards Dojin. What did they expect when he was literally a at relationships?

 

"Look, it is very easy. All you have to do is be with me during school and break our cover after school when you tutor me. I will do whatever you want," Dojin said to him while the two of them were now locked in a bathroom together. Baekhyun had to drag him out of the skating rink to prevent himself from becoming more embarrassed in front of Chanyeol.

 

"I don't undestand though!" Baekhyun spoke up. "You like girls!" A short bang impacted with the door of the bathroom made him flinch, but he quickly brushed it off and huffed at the elder.

 

Dojin chuckled. "I do, but I am sick of them harassing me and wanting to get down with me." He said. "I just want to run away from being buried against s and something way under their skirts—

 

"Okay, TMI." Baekhyun spat, which caused the basketball star to laugh out loud. "Why me though?" He questioned. There was something about the soon-to-be senior about his plan to escape girls. It's almost like he was trying to escape heterouality in a way.

 

The elder shrugged his shoulders. "I'll admit. You're cute besides having the brains and a nice in volleyball—"

 

"Watch your mouth!" The younger gasped before crossing his arms across his chest.

 

Dojin stayed quiet for a moment as he observed the younger. He always had an eye for the boy every since he stepped foot into high school. Baekhyun was everyone's 'it' boy in the school, and every single student and teacher favored him despite his uality. He was an eye candy to secret closets and a gem to girls who refuse to accept to uality. For Dojin, he was somebody that could help him out of his own personal hell. Maybe this time he can finally get to know him more.

 

"How about this okay? If you comply with me, I will let you and your friends have the cool tables in lunch, the most perfect study spots in the library, all access to school games and events, and— don't get too excited— free lunch." Baekhyun's eye lit up. Everyone of his friends can have that privilege with him? "I will give you everything if you let me be your fake boyfriend. Give me three months to shoo these girls away."

 

"Baekhyun!" Baekhyun snapped back into reality and turned over his shoulder to be greeted with his third slice of raspberry cake. "What are you thinking about? Your boyfriend?" Jongdae teased before taking his seat besides him. The elder nudged his shoulder before taking the cake out of his hands. He also hated it when his friends would just to get on his nerves.

 

Jongdae, Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Sehun all knew the second Baekhyun bursted out of the bathroom that night. They all agreed to the fake relationship and its perks, but they didn't think they could keep it away from Chanyeol. Chanyeol has been coming back from time to time to pick Baekhyun up from school, and whenever he comes, he secretly asks each of them to know what is going on with Baekhyun. Even the news somehow made its way to Jungmyeon, and it was found out that Sehun told him because 'it was some good tea.'

 

"Your three month aniversary is coming up," Jongdae sang as he started nudging his knee against Baekhyun's. "Must be exciting, am I right?"

 

Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief while nodding. He leaned his head towards his ear and whispered, "ing finally." His best friend laughed before continuing his lunch. Kyungsoo and Jongin made their way to their reserved popular table and took a seat across from them with their lunches. Kyungsoo had a poker face permanent on his face while Jongin was pouting like his lips were about to fall off his face. The two noticed their behaviors and Jongdae tapped his chopsticks against his bowl of rice.

 

"Why did you both look like you just had a disappointing interrrupted ?" He asked. Baekhyun began blushing and whacked Jongdae's arm at the question.

 

"You can say that—" Kyungsoo said before Jongin began whining.

 

"Kyungsoo doesn't want to go to the sophomore spring dance with me!" Jongin cried out before stabbing his spoon into his pudding. "He won't go unless there is extra credit!"

 

Jongdae blinked at him. "Well obviously. He has good grades too—"

 

Jongin interrupted. "You're making it worse!"

 

Baekhyun devoured his whole cake before receiving a text message from his fake boyfriend. He glanced at his phone on the table and rolled his eyes. Jongdae caught him and began grinning from ear to ear before seeing his best friend change character. Baekhyun quickly turned around with a small smile and blew a kiss towards Dojin, who was sitting a table away from his. Dojin caught it and placed it on his cheek, causing Baekhyun to cringe internally. He waved at him before quickly turning around and burying his face into his plater. "I hate it here. Someone please tell Chanyeol I like him to save me out of misery," he mumbled while Kyungsoo laughed at him.

 

[shorties: six]

 

The last class of the day ended exactly at four and Chanyeol and Minseok rushed out of their music lecture. They ran all the way back to their shared dorms and threw their bags on their beds. Chanyeol climbed up the ladder to his bed and immediately grabbed the two tickets he won from a raffle to the spring festival on his campus. He won them a few weeks back in February and thought of giving it to Baekhyun the day the festival opened. Now that the day has come, he also decided that this time he won't have to be a coward.

 

Minseok threw on a nice pink sweater before pushing his box of clothes under his bed and reaching his hand up to tickle Chanyeol's feet that were dangling off of the bed. "Are you ready? The festival is today!" Minseok exclaimed. "Let's go pick Baekhyun and Jongdae up!"

 

Taking one last look at the tickets, Chanyeol stuffed them in his jeans before climbing back down to change his shirt. He quickly took it off and tossed it in the dirty pile of clothes before reaching down under Minseok's bed to get his box. The elder watched as his muscles flexed when he was getting his shirt and whistled. "Training sure has done you well, Chanyeol!" He praised before massaging his shoulders. The younger groaned at the touch and Minseok quickly removed his hands away. "Still sore?" He earned a nod. "I'll make sure to tell Baekhyun," he said cheekily.

 

"Shut up," Chanyeol chuckled before putting on a yellow hoodie. "Do I look fine?"

 

Looking from head to toe, Minseok nodded. "Under that loose hoodie is a body of a god. Baekhyun is very lucky!" He teased and earned a slapped on the back before grabbing the keys of his car and leaving the dorm. Chanyeol grabbed the keys to his Vespa and followed his sophomore roommate out to go to Baekhyun's school. He was confident that the younger was free, especially when he forced him to send a schedule of the school year to make sure he wasn't busy.

 

[shorties: six]
 

Once everyone left to hang out for the weekend, Baekhyun stayed back with Dojin at the basketball court. Since the elder had health at the end of the day, he told Baekhyun to meet him there to talk about when the whole fake dating deal will end. Baekhyun was eager to end it at the end of the day if that was what the elder wanted, but what he was proposed with was something he did not expected.

 

"PROM? I'm a sophomore!" Baekhyun exclaimed before he was quickly hushed by the elder. "You told me three months, Dojin. Are you just saying that because you're still not doing well in calculus?" He asked in a quiet tone this time.

 

Dojin shot a basketball into the hoop before turning around to face his tiny fake boyfriend. "The girls aren't buying it. I need until after prom, Baek."

 

"It's not just the girls, Dojin!" Baekhyun whined as he swung his feet on the bleachers. "It's because the guy you like wouldn't give a damn about you and your horrible skills in romance!"

 

The elder not only wanted to avoid girls, but he was sick and tired of hiding. He, too, was gay. It was a time during one of their tutoring sessions at Dojin's house where Dojin opened up to Baekhyun about his real uality. He was tired of trying to fit in with society and forcing himself to change so that he won't have to worry about coming up. He wanted to have it easy like Baekhyun and not fall into the horrible stories of bullying in their school. Because of the reason why he decided to have Baekhyun help him was because he knew he could understand where he was coming from, and Baekhyun understood everything.

 

"Says the one who is literally a at everything! What do you know that I don't?" Dojin spat before dribbling his ball to make it into the hoop.

 

"Common sense and perfect timing! I watch way more movies than you, and I still know what the hell I'm supposed to do as a boyfriend!" Baekhyun clapped back, making Dojin miss his shot. The younger began giggling and stopped when Dojin glared at him.

 

Dojin sighed before making his way towards him. He pointed at his water bottle next to Baekhyun and the younger tossed it towards him. "You're right there. I'm not going to lie, but I really do need you to stay with me for a little more. Prom is in two months—" The younger gasped as he held onto his chest. He blinked at him before taking two big gulps of water. "I'm tired of it too because we both like other people, but this is the safest way for me to get out," he said.

 

"It'd be better to be yourself. Like me! Nobody is plotting against me!" Baekhyun said while resting his face against his palms. "I just want to confess to Chanyeol and escape from you," he stuck his tongue out at him. The elder chuckled before ruffling his sweaty hand into Baekhyun's hair, which made him feel gross and playful with the elder. 

 

Pulling up at the parking lot of the school, Chanyeol parked his Vespa before taking off his helmet. Sehun and Jongin immediately ran towards him with open arms while Kyungsoo and Jongdae ran to find Baekhyun in the gym. Chanyeol hugged his bros before Jongin began whining over how Kyungsoo still rejected him to the dance. While the elder was handling Sehun and Jongin, Kyungsoo and Jongdae were about to go through the slightly opened gymnasium door, they froze when they heard Baekhyun giggling. It was rare to hear Baekhyun giggling with Dojin, especially after school hours since no one would bother them. They looked at each other before looking through the crack of the door to see Dojin leaning very close to their best friend.

 

"Is that how it was?" Baekhyun whispered before removing his hands off of Dojin's cheeks. The elder nodded before moving over to whisper in his ear, but to the boys' perspectives, it looked like the two was kissing. Kyungsoo quickly slapped his hand over Jongdae's mouth before dragging him to the corner of the door.

 

"I don't want to 'kiss' you though. That will ruin my pride as a saved ," Baekhyun spat before pushing his fake boyfriend away. "That was so weird. It was awkward knowing you kissed your thumb."

 

Dojin agreed before pointing at him. "At least we didn't KISS kiss," he said and Baekhyun nodded. "You'd be the last person on my mind to kiss."

 

When they were at a safe distance for Jongdae to scream, Kyungsoo retracted his hand and Jongdae hollared. "THEY KISSED! I KNEW DOJIN WOULD USE HIM FOR PLEASURE!"

 

"NO STUPID!" Kyungsoo groaned before twisting Jongdae's ear and bending him to where his mouth was. He whispered, "You know how Baekhyun is. Even if they HAD to, it'd be a fake one. Did you not see how that stupid fool kissed his thumb? That was so awkward—"

 

Jongdae widened his eyes. "It was fake?"

 

"What was fake?" Chanyeol butted and caused the two to yelp in fear, mainly because of how loud Jongdae was.

 

Baekhyun and Dojin looked towards the main entrance of the gym before gathering their stuff and forcing each other to hold each other's hands before going out. They do this whenever they leave school. Before opening the door, Baekhyun let out a gag before pushing it open and dragging the elder with him. Once they came out, hand-in-hand with stupid smiles on their faces, they both stopped when they saw Chanyeol's surprised eyes. Minseok, who was approaching Chanyeol, stopped when he saw Baekhyun. Kyungsoo and Jongdae gawked at each other as they realized what they've done and looked at Chanyeol with guilt. Chanyeol felt his whole world stopped when he saw the love of his life holding hands with a person he now remembered to be his rival. Swallowing his anger, Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with a sad smile that caught him off guard and quickly looked back at Minseok to save him.

 

Kyungsoo pulled Jongdae towards him and whispered, "We ed it up for them."

 

[shorties: six]