one

Too Far for Me

The twenty-five-year-old stared at the acceptance letter after the nth time of the morning. Byun Baekhyun has seen it ever since his giant twenty-eight-year-old fiancé, Park Chanyeol, came home to find it in the mail and slammed him on the floor while peppering his face with wet, sloppy kisses a few months back. It was only until this day that this acceptance letter was going to haunt him for the next two years of his life. The thought of what's about to happen the next day made his heart beat faster than normal. After countless nights of composing scenarios in his head about the day his giant will leave, those thoughts will finally come true. Baekhyun exhaled deepily while running his hand into his now short blonde hair, which was damp from showering. He tossed the acceptance letter to the side and laid his back against the soft pillows. He wished his boo would come out of the bathroom already to cuddle him back to bed.

 

It was six in the morning on a chilly Friday morning. In about an hour Baekhyun would have to be up and out of the apartment to work his daily shift as an elementary school nurse. Meanwhile Chanyeol has to pack some extra clothes and visit his studio to make sure everything will be fine while he is abroad to earn his Master's in interior design. 

 

Chanyeol has earned a Bachelor's in music. Because of his growing interest in the field since remodeling his apartment with Baekhyun, which was something he wasn't supposed to do but did anyways, and designing his music studio in the beginning of the year, he wanted to obtain a Master's in interior design. Whenever Chanyeol wants to make something possible, he will do whatever it takes to let it happen, and his baby supports him in everything. Which is why they are together for almost eight years.

 

They were each other's first in everything, excluding Baekhyun's fake boyfriend incident in high school, which will be mentioned soon. Both were childhood friends since before elementary school, and Baekhyun was the first one to fall in love. Baekhyun fell for Chanyeol when he turned eleven and Chanyeol fell for him when he was fifteen. They were cowards only showing huge yet small hints of liking each other, yet finally Chanyeol was the one who broke the silence and confessed. Then they hit it off when Baekhyun turned seventeen. Nothing serious happened until Baekhyun gave him his consent when he turned twenty-one. Chanyeol did not expect to see how Baekhyun would turn into in bed, but it ain't no problem! Now being engaged for a year, both will have to face the biggest challenge they will have to deal with for the next two years: long distance.

 

The door slid open and Chanyeol appeared in front of Baekhyun's sight. He was in a loose shirt and boxers with a towel around his neck. His slightly permed black hair was dripping wet. Baekhyun smiled widely underneath the blankets and motioned the giant with his finger. "Come here," Baekhyun demanded softly as Chanyeol made his way to their shared bed, "I miss you."

 

The elder sat on the bed and leaned his face down to capture the younger's plump lips, earning a satisfied hum from him. Baekhyun reached his arms out to wrap them around Chanyeol's neck and started peppering kisses on his lips, making Chanyeol smile in between his kisses. "Babe, I was away from you for half an hour." He managed to say as Baekhyun continuously kissed his lips.

 

Baekhyun pulled away and the tip of his nose was brushing against his lover's. "I woke up lonely though. I was only faced with your letter." He pouted and Chanyeol pecked his lips. "So cruel."

 

"So cruel? Who slept early last night?" Chanyeol asked while shaking his head to tease Baekhyun. The water droplets from his hair fell on Baekhyun's face and Baekhyun moved his face away, snuggling his head into Chanyeol's neck while giggling. "That's cruel, babe. I was hoping you would've stayed up."

 

"I did! You just came home late." Baekhyun moved his body to be completely under Chanyeol and wrapped one leg around his waist before wrapping the other. Chanyeol straightened himself up with Baekhyun clinging onto his body. The younger was peppering light kisses on his neck and stopped midway when he felt two hands on his .

 

"You should get dressed," Chanyeol suggested as he played with his baby's round globes by massaging them. "The students will wonder why you missed a day at work like that one time—" Baekhyun yelped and slapped his back. Chanyeol laughed out loud and carried his baby to the bathroom.

 

"We are not bringing up that day I missed work!" Baekhyun shouted.

 

"Babe, you know I tore your up real good—"

 

"STOP!" Both started laughing out loud as they made their way to the bathroom.

 

[one]

 

"But then I ate a grape and BLEH! I threw up strawberries!"

 

"Sweetie, I don't think you are sick." Baekhyun said while looking at the child. "But! I think you caught the fruity disease."

 

The little girl gasped and Baekhyun made a stank face while covering his mouth and nose with his shirt. Sometimes during lunch periods, students would come in to keep Baekhyun company even when they weren't sick. Even if they were, they would still tell him funny stories that Baekhyun loves listening to. They make his day better.

 

"How will you treat me, Mr. Byun? Maybe a blueberry syrup will help me?" She asked, cupping her cheeks on his desk.

 

Baekhyun pretended to pour out imaginery medicine into his nonexistent medicine cup and pursed his lips out while checking the measurement. He handed it to the girl and she took it while giggling. "Drink this!" The girl drank it and let out a gasp after taking her medicine. "Better now?" She nodded. "Good! It's time for you to go now. Feel better okay? I will see you on Monday!"

 

The girl bowed her tiny head and waddled her way out of his office. Baekhyun chuckled to himself while smiling and his phone vibrated on his desk. He peeked at the notification and immediately unlocked his phone. He dialed Chanyeol's number and puts him on speaker. The call picked up after the first ring.

 

"Hi babe." Chanyeol's husky voice greeted him, causing Baekhyun to smile brightly like a teenager in love. "How are you doing my nurse?"

 

Giggling, Baekhyun bit on his lip to hold himself back. Even after eight years they are still in the honeymoon stage, and they enjoyed every single second of it every day. "I'm a little lonely. One of the second graders stopped by to talk to me about her fruity disease."

 

"How cute. You're too adorable, baby." Chanyeol laughed. "I miss you so much. I want to take you home already."

 

The blonde sighed and leaned back in his seat. "I miss you more. I want to do lots of things with you before tomorrow." Chanyeol could hear the pout forming in his voice. "I should've skipped work. I can't stand being here right now in a situation like this."

 

"Two more hours and you'll be mine again. Do you want to do something specific? I'm down for anything you want." Chanyeol asked. 

 

There was a short pause in the call as Baekhyun just thought of his gift to Chanyeol. He eyed the little notebook on the side of his desk and stared at the cover with the title written in his handwriting, Because I love you, Park Chanyeol. It was a book he has been working on since the day Chanyeol got accepted into his graduate university in New York, which was all the way across the globe. It contains all of the photos they took together on Chanyeol's camera and their phones. It even had some polaroids of them together and handwritten letters Baekhyun would write in the book. Tomorrow will be his last chance to glue on his final photos with his man, and the crazy thing is he got another idea in his mind.

 

Smiling mischieviously, he let out a soft laugh and looked at the drawer underneath his desk. "I want to have a scooter date." He quietly opened the drawer and found the secret envelope that only he and Chanyeol knew about. "Do you think you can take me around the city? It's been too long."

 

"I was hoping you would ask! I wanted to take the Vespa out for the last time. Maybe we can go to the park too?" Chanyeol's voice was filled with excitement. It always reminded Baekhyun of an excited toddler. Baekhyun hummed as an answer and Chanyeol whispered 'yes' into the phone. "Okay baby. I'll pick you up okay? Please don't embarrass yourself in front of the children when you see me."

 

Baekhyun clucked his tongue. "No promises. I love you, Chanyeol." He gave him a soft 'mwah' and laughed afterwards after hearing Chanyeol groan as he imagined his giant holding onto his chest. He hung up the call after Chanyeol told him he loves him and tossed his phone aside. He opened the envelope and began blushing hard at the contents inside of it, reminiscing those moments captured by camera. Maybe what he was planning to do was too much for Chanyeol to handle, but it is what it is when it comes down to long distance.

 

He opened his laptop and typed in his password to unlock it. He was welcomed to the photo of Chanyeol and him at the beach they went to during the summer and opened his files. There were multiple files of various photos labeled with their perspective titles on them. It didn't take long for Baekhyun to find the file he was looking for. Hesitant at first, he only stared at the file before opening it. Shyly his eyes scanned through each content in the file and he felt his embarrassment taking over his mind. How could he look at something so embarrassing during his shift? Right before he was about to click on a specific photo, the door of his office busted open and the other school nurse stepped inside the office.

 

"Baekhyun, do you want lunch? I can run and get something for you." She asked, without making eye contact with him.

 

Directing his laptop towards him and closing the file, Baekhyun cleared his throat and nodded his head. "Yes, please. I want some spicy tteokbokki with cheese and fish cake."

 

"Okay. Do you want me to get your man a platter too? You said he loves tteokbokki."

 

"No," Baekhyun shook his head before closing his laptop slowly, "He can't handle the tteokbokki you buy." The woman nodded her head as she swung her purse over her shoulder. She scanned Baekhyun's face and noticed the faint pink coloring his cheeks. Acting suspicious, she stepped closer to his desk and leaned her body over to look at him at eye level.

 

"What have you been doing? Watching ?"

 

Baekhyun gasped loudly and shook his head. "How could you assume THAT?"

 

She laughed and squeezed his left cheek, making him whine from the sudden interaction. "You are so gullible. I'll be back, okay?" She said as she let go of his cheek, which was now turning more pink.

 

Once she grabbed her car keys and left the office, Baekhyun was left alone again. He was pouting now and eyed his laptop and the envelope on his lap. Maybe he can do it tonight.

 

[one]

 

Two more minutes. It was only two more minutes until school ends and Baekhyun was being told to stand in the back of the line of the kindergarteners. After trying to bust in front of the children he was friends with to get out earlier than them, the adult teachers for his behavior and playfully scolded him to stand in the back of all of the children. His behavior was nothing new to them since Baekhyun always wants to be the first one out whenever Chanyeol was going to pick him up from work. There was a time he almost fought an eighth grader for blocking his way out and Chanyeol had to make up to the poor boy by buying him all the snacks he wanted. Luckily that kid graduated from the school and Baekhyun no longer had to run away from a room with the kid in it.

 

Oh Sehun, Chanyeol's close friend, threw his arm around Baekhyun and showed him his watch. "One more minute." Baekhyun shrugged his arm off of him and crossed his arms, making him burst out laughing. Sehun is a teacher at the same school Baekhyun works at and teaches kindergarten. He has been close with Chanyeol since high school and actually helped Chanyeol get Baekhyun.

 

"I'm about to sneak out the back door." Baekhyun said.

 

"You have about thirty seconds. Be patient." Sehun said. "Hey, haven't you finished your book yet?"

 

The smaller shook his nead and saw the teachers let the children out of the school. Just when he was about to make his way out, Sehun grabbed him by his shirt and held him back from escaping. "Talk to me properly, my guy."

 

"I cannot! Let me go!" Baekhyun retaliated. "I want to see my baby."

 

"Not until you tell me why you didn't finish your gift."

 

He groaned out of defeat and moved away from Sehun to get his grasp off of his shirt. He straightened himself and looked up at the younger. "I want to take some photos with him today and tomorrow, paste them, write my final message to him, and make him cry. Besides, that is not the only thing on my to-do list."

 

Sehun rubbed his nape while raising an eyebrow. "What more can you do? Isn't that the best thing Chanyeol could receive being away from you?"

 

Baekhyun stood on his toes and whispered into his ear. After spilling his plan, Sehun rolled his eyes and turned his heels to the direction of his classroom. Baekhyun bursted into small giggles and greeted the younger before making his way out of the building. Running down the steps, he looked to the left and right to find his man. It didn't take him long to find him on his Vespa with his helmet on while talking to some little kids. Even the students know who he is by now. He quickly ran towards Chanyeol with a huge smile on his face and ran passed his close friend, Do Kyungsoo, who was picking up his boyfriend's nephew, whose name is Kim Jongin. Kyungsoo, knowing the whole routine, sighed and looked down at Jongin's nephew. "He's weird, huh?" Jongin's nephew nodded and they both walked to the parking lot to meet Jongin. Jongin is a close friend of Chanyeol and Baekhyun since high school.

 

His nephew saw his uncle and started running towards him while shouting his name. Jongin closed the door of his car and squatted down with open arms. The kid ran into his arms and Jongin immediately swooped him up and spun him around while plastering kisses on his poor cheeks. Kyungsoo stared at the two and smiled at the scene while holding onto the nephew's book bag. "How was school? Did you miss uncle?" Jongin asked and received a nod.

 

"I miss uncle too." Kyungsoo quietly said and Jongin smiled widely while opening the back door. "I haven't seen uncle for weeks."

 

"Who told you to go to the States for an alumni party?" Jongin teased, making Kyungsoo's smile fall. The younger started laughing while putting his nephew in his car seat and Kyungsoo made his way into the passenger seat with a cold expression on his face. Once Jongin was finished, he quickly crawled into the driver seat and shut the door closed. He glanced at his long-time boyfriend of ten years and giggled. "I'm only teasing."

 

"You won't be teasing when I make you wait for another week." Kyungsoo said with a smirk, causing the younger to frown and start the engine of the car and move out of the parking lot.

 

Passing by Chanyeol and honking the door, Jongin waved at the elder and Chanyeol winked at Jongin as he passed by. Then Chanyeol saw his tiny lover running over and greeted the children while turning on the engine. "Make sure you step on the grass, okay? It was nice meeting you all again!" He winked at them and pulled down his helmet.

 

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun shouted as he approached closer to the vehicle. Once he slowed down, Chanyeol drove off a bit, causing Baekhyun to halt immediately. He laughed out loud and the kids around them were laughing too while cheering 'good job, Mr. Park' in the background. Feeling a little bad for his lover, he used his feet to roll back to Baekhyun and spread his arms out. With a pout, Baekhyun leaned into his embrace and Chanyeol cooed at him. "I'm sorry, baby."

 

Baekhyun pursed his lips in irritation and pulled out of his embrace with his hands resting on his broad shoulders. "You're lucky kids are around us." Chanyeol chuckled while nodding his head and Baekhyun kissed him through the plastic protector. Afterwards he made sure to wipe his protector before grabbing his own helmet and sitting behind Chanyeol. They left with kids being astonished by the vehicle and some shoutouts to greet them a nice weekend.

 

Chanyeol made his way out of the parking lot and merged into the busy streets of Seoul. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around his waist and hugged him as they rode until the first stop light. "Where should we eat today before going out to the city? Do you want to go to my mom's cafe or buy food for a picnic at the park?" Chanyeol asked, shouting to make sure Baekhyun heard him.

 

"Can I eat you instead?" Baekhyun teased while running his fingers through Chaneyol's shirt to feel his abs. The light suddenly turned green and Chanyeol started speeding by accident when a car honked from behind. Baekhyun knew just how to tease his giant. "I rather have you eat me out."

 

"Baekhyun." Giggling, Baekhyun gave him a tight squeeze and rested his head on his back. "How was your day? Your students are starting to become friendly with me now."

 

"It's about time. They would always tease you for stealing me away. My day was okay. I should've stayed with you."

 

"You say that every day." Chanyeol said in teasingly. The younger scoffed and moved his hands to hold onto the rail handle and threw his head back to look up at the sky. The giant took a quick glance behind him and ran his right hand down Baekhyun's leg to remind him to be careful.

 

"You too. You love me too much." Baekhyun flinched when he felt Chanyeol's hand rubbing his knee and whacked his hand to focus on the road.

 

Chanyeol laughed at his comment and the reaction he received. "That is true. I love you a little bit too much."

 

The smaller hummed and directed his head to see the road ahead of him. His eyes glanced to Chanyeol in the mirror and smiled when he caught Chanyeol glancing a few times at the mirror. It looked like he was trying to see him as always. Baekhyun loves all of the small moments. Eliciting a small giggle, Baekhyun leaned forward and embraced his giant. "We can go to mom's. You need to see her. It's been two months since you last saw her."

 

He felt the elder nod and their helmets bumped against each other everytime Chanyeol moved his head. They were now turning into a small road and Baekhyun quickly squeezed Chanyeol's waist. He hated riding through small roads, especially when they were so narrow. He also hated riding at a very fast pace, which Chanyeol tends to do when the roads were clear. The reason why the younger hated both so much was because Chanyeol fell off of his Vespa when driving down a narrow street that was going downhill a few months ago. Before the incident, driving through narrow streets used to be their daily routine during high school since Chanyeol would ride the same Vespa to and from school with Baekhyun. Feeling the tight embrace around his waist, Chanyeol slowed down his speed to ease his baby. "Can I ask what you did at the studio today?" Baekhyun asked once he felt the speed slow down.

 

"I went down to the studio to finalize some projects and might possibly," Chanyeol paused as he took a slow turn to the left side of the road, "release my first album."

 

Baekhyun's eyes sparkled at what he said. "Really? I'm so happy for you!" He exclaimed. "The time is finally here, baby."

 

"Yeah it is! But the downside of it is that it will release when I return."

 

"Why is that the case?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Because I am the boss, babe." Chanyeol chuckled. "I want it to be special. Besides, now is not the time. It will interfere with my studies."

 

His baby nodded. "That's true. Yet, I am still very proud of you." Baekhyun scooted closer and managed to kiss Chanyeol's neck despite his helmet. The ride to Chanyeol's mom's cafe only took another three minutes to arrive there and they parked on the side with other bicycles and motorcycles. Baekhyun waited until Chanyeol got up and grabbed the smaller off the Vespa. Chanyeol has to carry him off the vehicle every time because Baekhyun is "too short" to get off himself. While Baekhyun was wrapping his legs around his fiancé's torso, Chanyeol's mom appeared at the door and chuckled at her son and his lover.

 

"Baekhyun!" She called out and immediately caught his attention as his head swiftly searched for her voice. Baekhyun saw her and unwrapped his legs around Chanyeol to get down. He got on his feet and scurried to his soon-to-be mother-in-law with a huge grin on his face. Chanyeol followed suit behind him quickly to embrace his mom. Baekhyun was welcomed into the woman's arms and she cradled his little body while pouting at her son who was also pouting back at her.

 

Once Baekhyun pulled away and turned to face his giant, Chanyeol went in and tightly embraced his mom, making her yelp in surprise. "You big baby!" She laughed as her feet lifted from the ground and hugged her son back. "Long time no see, Chanyeol."

 

"I miss you mom." Chanyeol croaked. "I'm sorry for being too busy."

 

Chanyeol's mom met with the ground and looked up to see her son's gloomy expression. "You have nothing to be sorry about. You still called me, and that's all that matters." Chanyeol shook his head. "Don't be like that. You being here right now is enough for me. Now look at how ugly you are getting." Her hand reached to caress his cheeks and Baekhyun only laughed as Chanyeol pouted more. "Baekhyun, how could you let him grow his hair out like this?" The younger only shrugged his shoulders.

 

"He looks exactly like his dog." The woman teased, making Chanyeol lean into her touch like how his dog would. "Come inside! I have your favorite."

 

"YES!" Chanyeol shouted as he ran inside the cafe and left Baekhyun and his mom outside. Baekhyun looked at his mom and shook his head.

 

"He is still very immature." Baekhyun sighed as Chanyeol's mom laughed and brought him inside the cafe.

 

The cafe was like a garden. It was an outdoor and indoor cafe with trees surrounding some sections of the place. Chanyeol's family has been running the cafe for about a decade and it still attracts new customers after being in business for years. Now that Chanyeol has his own studio that donates majority of its money to charity, he rarely comes back to help out his parents and his older sister due to how busy he became. As for Baekhyun, he would come by to help his soon-to-be in-laws whenever he is free on the weekends and after work if Chanyeol was working late at his studio or was at his other job as a assistant for an interior designer. Baekhyun made his way passed the fish pond at the front entrance and walked across the small bridge to get to the inner section of the cafe where Chanyeol was. Chanyeol's mom went behind the counter and called out for her husband to come out. Soon the boys were faced with Chanyeol's dad. His face glowed almost immediately when he saw Baekhyun.

 

"Baekhyun! I haven't seen you in two weeks!" He exclaimed as he came out behind the counter and hugged the smaller. Baekhyun hugged him back while smiling and patted his back. Chanyeol blinked at the scene and purposely cleared his throat while drinking his juice to get his dad's attention. His dad looked right at him and clucked his tongue. "Who let this ugly man into our cafe, honey? Get him out!"

 

"Dad!" Chanyeol whined and his dad began to laugh while letting Baekhyun go and walking over to him with open arms. He leaned into his dad's embrace and hugged him back while sticking his tongue at his baby. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and quickly leaned in to kiss Chanyeol on his forehead because he felt like it. Shockingly Chanyeol's dad looked over his shoulder and pouted when his son got kissed, which earned a shy laugh from the younger.

 

Chanyeol quickly noticed it and tugged on his dad's arm. "Dad, don't—"

 

"I believe your father-in-law needs one too, Baekhyun." He said with a smirk.

 

"Honey! That wouldn't be fair to me! I need one too!"

 

"Mom!" Chanyeol whined.

 

Baekhyun continued to laugh until Chanyeol stopped bickering with his parents and kissed them both on the cheek to silence them. Then the blonde followed his giant and kissed them on the cheek Chanyeol didn't kiss, and he earned a smile from the both of them. 

 

"How come you smile for him and not for me?" Baekhyun groaned and grabbed Chanyeol's face down to his level and kissed his cheeks while making noises to . His parents laughed at their son's red ears forming as he was getting the affection he wanted.

 

After Chanyeol was satisfied and received more scolds from his dad for forgetting him, he got to eat his favorite meal made by his mom and stuffed his mouth while Baekhyun was dragged by his mom to the outdoor section of the cafe away from Chanyeol and his dad.

 

The woman looked back to see if her husband was with his son and turned back to Baekhyun. "Have you asked Yoora if she needed your help for the party tonight?"

 

Baekhyun nodded his head. "I gave sister-in-law a call before going to work. She said she won't be needing my help since I provided her with the decorations and the phone numbers for the food." He answered. "Everything is settled."

 

"How about your gift? Do you have it with you?" She asked. "I know it's going to drive my son to tears." She laughed softly while grabbing Baekhyun's hands.

 

"I am not entirely finished. I want to take photos today and tomorrow before I give it to him. He leaves in the afternoon after all." Baekhyun felt his hands being played with and smiled. "Besides, I have thought of another idea!"

 

His mother-in-law raised her eyebrows and stopped running her fingers over his soft hands. "That's last minute, Baek. What is it? Handwritten letters?"

 

Baekhyun slightly nodded his head. "Something like that." The woman nodded at his response and patted Baekhyun's round cheeks. "I think it'll make him want to drop out of his studies."

 

"It should!" They both laughed at her response. "Yet then again, it would be such a waste of his time since he received a full ride to New York." It was true. It would've been a waste of Chanyeol's time if he were to drop out. "But it will keep him motivated! He is deeply in love with you, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about."

 

While scoffing, Baekhyun crossed his arms. "I hope that he still is because this ring can easily come off." He said while shining his promise ring up at his face while puckering his lips. Chanyeol's mom playfully whacked his shoulder and Baekhyun moved away while whining and made her laugh. The promise ring was something he got from Chanyeol five years into dating. Because Chanyeol didn't had money to purchase a ring for Baekhyun during his proposal, he decided to continue wearing his promise ring temporarily. After having a laugh with his mother-in-law, he looked at Chanyeol, who was getting his ear pulled by his dad, and smiled at the scene. Chanyeol probably said something stupid again.

 

"Chanyeol, you better find your gift or I will tell Baekhyun to find a better husband! Besides, he is too good for you!" Chanyeol's dad teased as he pinched Chanyeol's right ear. "I can't believe you lost something so valuable."

 

Chanyeol whined out loud and patted his dad's arm. "I can find it! I remember where I place things, dad. Don't tell Baekhyun that!"

 

"What's going on here?" Chanyeol's mom butted in. Baekhyun s his arms around his giant's neck and Chanyeol widened his eyes hoping that he didn't hear anything that went down. 

 

"Our son seemed to have forgotten something while packing," Chanyeol's dad said, "but he will find it." Chanyeol felt his dad's hand patting on his back and held onto Baekhyun's arms while leaning away from his dad.

 

Baekhyun nodded his head in agreement. "You better find it, Chanyeol." He said softly before reaching over and grabbing a handful of raspberries in front of Chanyeol. Nothing else happened except for Chanyeol being teased by his parents and Baekhyun stuffing raspberries into Chanyeol's mouth while listening to old stories from his parents.

 

[one]

 

After spending most of the time with Chanyeol's parents and skipping their picnic date at the park, Baekhyun somehow managed to distract Chanyeol and locked himself in their shared room to print out his photos. He successfully printed out all the photos he needed at the moment for one of his books, and was printing the last photo for his other project. Right when it was printing, the printer stopped worker and that one sound made Baekhyun sigh in defeat. He's out of ink.

 

"," Baekhyun cursed under his breath and trashed the empty ink pack. He searched around the desk to find an extra pack, but he didn't find any in the drawers. Pouting disappointingly, he took all of the photos and hide them underneath the bed along with his books. He couldn't believe that the empty pack was the last one. How was he going to finish his project when he has a secret party to attend with Chanyeol? Baekhyun still had to decorate the book and paste the photos in it. He also had to write his little notes in the new book. Everything was too overwhelming for him, but the only thing that kept him going was that Chanyeol does not leave until the afternoon. Which leaves him a good amount of time to finish. "I can do this." He muttered.

 

"Baekhyun? Can I come in?" He heard his giant called from the other side of the door.

 

Baekhyun quickly glanced at the bed and unlocked the door. Chanyeol opened the door and peeked his head in with a grin. "Are you okay?" The smaller nodded. "I didn't get to properly look at our bedroom." The blonde took a good look around the bedroom and noticed that most of Chanyeol's belongings were stored away. It looked very empty despite Baekhyun's belongings in the room. It shocked Baekhyun since he didn't notice until now.

 

"Are your two small suitcases done?" Baekhyun asked to distract himself. Chanyeol nodded and stepped inside of the room. "They should fit on the Vespa. I hope."

 

"I think they would. You're tiny anyways." The elder plopped down on their shared bed and spread his arms out towards Baekhyun. Acting hard to get at first, Baekhyun slowly dragged his feet towards the elder and climbed onto his lap while wrapping his arms around his neck. His cheek was being tickled by Chanyeol's hair and he snuggled into Chanyeol's shoulder. "I can't sink this in." Chanyeol sighed.

 

Baekhyun frowned upon his comment and wrapped his legs around Chanyeol, "I can't either. It's tomorrow." He felt a hand running up and down on his back and sighed. "New York is too far."

 

Chanyeol bit his lower lip and nodded his head. "It is too far. It's a whole new world there too. I can't even speak perfect English."

 

"Yes you can. You literally took English in high school." Baekhyun slapped his back and earned a groan from Chanyeol. "I'm sorry. I forgot your body is sore." He apologized while soothing his back.

 

"What if you can't handle it, Baek? I'm so worried about you." Chanyeol mumbled.

 

"You have nothing to worry about. Our promises are concrete and this ring is on my finger. I loved you since day one. Why would I give up when I am set upon you?" There was a moment of silence between them. Baekhyun leaned back to see Chanyeol's face and stared into his brown orbs. Those eyes are so expressive to the point that he could literally see himself in them. It was always like that whenever Chanyeol looks at him. There were little tears forming in his eyes, which caused Baekhyun to feel his own emotions creep up. "Chanyeol, don't cry." Baekhyun kissed his lips. "You know that's one of my weaknesses."

 

The elder nodded while taking his lower lip in between his teeth. "I know, baby. I can't help myself. I won't cry now, okay? I'm sorry for making you sad." He reached for Baekhyun's soft cheeks and kissed his forehead before planting a kiss on his each of his eyelids, his button nose, his cheeks, and finally his pouty lips. "I love you so much." He whispered.

 

Baekhyun remained quiet for a bit before whispering, "I love you more, Chanyeol."

 

"Don't do this, baby." Chanyeol chuckled lowly before lying down on the bed with his baby on top of him.

 

"I love you most! I love you to the moon and back." He said softly while running his fingers through Chanyeol's messy locks.

 

"To infinity and beyond." Chanyeol finished before running his hands down Baekhyun's . "Do we have some time?" Baekhyun pursed his lips out to pretend to think and immediately ground his bottom against Chanyeol's lower half, which caused him to burst into giggles when he heard Chanyeol's breathing hitched.

 

"No we don't. I actually have to take you somewhere." The smaller said as he pecked the taller's lips before getting off of him. "Get up, Yeol."

 

Confused, Chanyeol was dragged up by Baekhyun onto his feet. "Where are we going? I want to spend the rest of the evening with you."

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and walked towards the door. "You'll get some later if it doesn't end late! Now come on or I'll give you more trouble, Mr. Park." Immediately, Chanyeol scrunched his face up and his hands went up to his cheeks.

 

"You did not."

 

"Hurry up, daddy."

 

"Babe."

 

The smaller chuckled before grabbing Chanyeol's hand and taking him out of the apartment to go down to the fifth floor below them. Chanyeol's older sister, Park Yoora, lived directly beneath them in the same complex. It was very convenient foe the Parks to see each other, but then it's sometimes very unfortunate for Yoora since she would hear odd noises some nights. Besides that, still a pleasure to have a sibling living in the same complex! The two got out of apartment 614 and headed to the elevator hand-in-hand. While passing by the other apartments, Baekhyun specifically knocked on a door and quickly ran with Chanyeol following him while holding in their laughter. Apartment 610 opened their door and Kim Jongdae, Baekhyun's other close friend, peeked his head out into the hall to see the two idiots now walking casually.

 

"Losers," Jongdae scoffed before closing the door.

 

"Who was that?" Kim Minseok, Jongdae's boyfriend, asked while throwing a sweater over his shoulders.

 

Jongdae and Minseok are a duo who are working with Chanyeol in his studio, and Minseok has been friends with Chanyeol since college despite being a year older than him. While with Baekhyun, Jongdae has been with him since high school and is a few months younger than him. He is also close with Kyungsoo and Jongin, who both were younger than Baekhyun and Jongdae. Since Jongdae and Minseok were in the same major as Chanyeol, the trio worked together in jumpstarting Chanyeol's music studio and are releasing an album singing Chanyeol's songs. Maybe when Chanyeol comes back, they could release their own songs.

 

Minseok walked over to the younger and threw his arm around him while looking out in the hall. "Aren't we supposed to be downstairs too?"

 

"We're supposed to warn the others. Quick! Go out to the metal stairs!" Jongdae closed the door and ran to the balcony with Minseok following him as he texted Jongin, who was already at Yoora's place. Jongdae went outside to the balcony and held the door for the elder before he got out. He closed it locked and made his way down the metal steps to the fifth floor and ran to Yoora's window.

 

"Slow down!" Minseok shouted as he landed on the fifth floor and followed suit. Jongdae waved at the window and Yoora opened it with a wide smile on her face. Both went in and shut the window behind them.

 

Chanyeol's parents and dog, Baekhyun's parents, Jongin, and Kyungsoo were in the apartment hiding in their perspective spots. Soon the door swung opened and Sehun and Kim Jungmyeon, Chanyeol's childhood camp roommate, ran in and slamed the door.

 

"Where are they?" Yoora asked. Sehun shrugged and a knock came at the door. Both of the boys who came in hide behind the door and Yoora calmly made her way towards it to open it.

 

She was met with her younger brother and Baekhyun. "Chanyeol! Baekhyun! You're here!" Yoora emphasized, making sure everyone got the message. Sehun and Jungmyeon began to hug each other when the door was pressed against them and the two boys came inside. "Baekhyun told me that he was taking me somewhere and we ended up here." Chanyeol said.

 

This was a good time to jump out and surprise Chanyeol, but then Baekhyun tried to close the door and yelped when he saw the two behind it. To cover it up, everyone came out and yelled out 'surprise' in front of Chanyeol. Except for Kyungsoo, who was hiding in the bathroom and came out with the toilet flushing. He stood still for a bit and widened his eyes.

 

"Oh shoot— surprise!" He said and pop open his tiny confetti popper in front of Chanyeol's face, causing the man to flinch in fear. Jongin came towards him and popped his confetti. Chanyeol quickly grabbed the two and started messing up their hair, making them both start to wrestle him. Baekhyun went to hug his parents and his in-laws then picked Toben, Chanyeol's dog, up from the floor and petted his head.

 

"Big boy!" Jungmyeon threw his arms around Chanyeol's neck from the back and Chanyeol patted his arms. Jongin and Kyungsoo walked away and squatted down to where Baekhyun was. "I haven't seen you in so long! Texting was not enough for me."

 

Chanyeol laughed and turned around to properly hug his former camp roommate. "I missed you, Jungmyeon!" Baekhyun's parents approached the taller from behind and tapped his shoulder. When Chanyeol let go of Jungmyeon and turned to his right, his parents moved to the left and got caught. Chanyeol bursted into smiles and immediately bowed his head towards them. "Hi mom and dad!"

 

"You look so good, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun's mom praised while Baekhyun's dad scoffed teasingly, making Chanyeol frown.

 

"I'm playing!" Baekhyun's dad smiled. "How did Baekhyun score such a fine man? It's unbelievable."

 

"I can hear you!" Baekhyun pouted and his dad laughed. "It should be how did Chanyeol get such a cute man like me." His dad shook his head and then it was Baekhyun's turn to frown.

 

Chanyeol smiled at his lover and faced his in-laws. "I want to apologize to you both that I have to be away from Baekhyun due to my studies," He said in a serious tone, grabbing their hands together in his own. "I wish I could take him with me, but his career has just started for a year."

 

The woman shook her head and patted Chanyeol's hand. "You have nothing to apologize for. It is your goal for now, and Baekhyun fully supports you on it. He encouraged you to take upon it too. It is a wonderful opportunity!" Her husband nodded his head in agreement. "There is nothing we can be more proud of than for you to continue loving our son unconditionally as you have since the day your father and my husband met at the kid's park."

 

Baekhyun's dad smiled and placed his hand on Chanyeol's shoulder. "We are very serious. You made Baekhyun into who he is today since the day you for staring at you the first time you met at the park. So please don't apologize for anything. We are forever grateful for you, and will support you through this hard journey too."

 

With tears in his eyes, Chanyeol nodded his head and got into a warm embrace with his in-laws. Baekhyun witnessed from the living room and craddled Toben in his arms with a sad smile. Kyungsoo sat down besides him on the floor with a plate of food and stared at the dog. "Fix that smile and go eat. You're not sad until he is on the plane." The blonde rested his head on his shoulder and Toben jumped out of his arms to run all around the room.

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes tightly to not let his tears escape his eyes and his mom passed by to see him trying to suppress his emotions back. She gave Baekhyun's parents a hug and patted her son's back to calm him down.

 

"I'm fine, mom." He managed to say. She only smiled and told him to get food before Sehun and Jongin takes everything.

 

The whole evening was spent telling old stories of Chanyeol and predicting how he would be when he is in New York. Everyone also talked about how Baekhyun will become lonely when Chanyeol leaves, which lead to Kyungsoo and Jongdae to make plans to sleepover on some days. To Chanyeol, everything was overwhelming because it felt as though he might not return to Seoul, which is untrue, but a part of him was afraid of ruining what he has with Baekhyun. Their relationship is so concrete, yet he was afraid that maybe his baby might become desperate for him to come back. There were so many scenarios roaming around in his head that made his heart beat against his chest to the point it hurted him. He was so worried, but Baekhyun seemed to be handling it a lot better than he was since Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol is the one since childhood. Yet throughout the whole evening until ten o'clock, Chanyeol was so nervous that he couldn't hold his feelings back anymore.

 

After kissing his parents goodbye and wishing his sister well, he left her apartment and walked towards the elevator where Baekhyun was. Baekhyun looked up from his feet and smiled at his giant as he approached him. Chanyeol sighed and ran his hand through his slightly permed hair, "Firework Friday?"

 

The smaller nodded and they headed up to the twelvth floor to where the rooftop was. They went to their usual spot on the rooftop and sat down on the ground. Chanyeol sat closely to his baby and rested his head on his shoulder while hugging his arm. Baekhyun rested his head on top of Chanyeol's and linked their hands together. There was a comfortable yet melancholy atmosphere around them as they stared out to their neighborhood. The air was a bit cold yet manageable for the two. It was way to silent for Chanyeol, and he knew that if no one said anything he would mentally break down.

 

"I'm going to miss Friday evenings. Now who will you watch with?" Chanyeol asked, trying to mask his sadness.

 

"By myself. It's our tradition since you suggested it to me when the school needed community enrichment ideas." Baekhyun replied. "No one can replace you."

 

That statement echoed in Chanyeol's head. He needed to hear it more. He wanted to know that it was real. "No one?"

 

"Chanyeol," Baekhyun said with a hint of shock, "are you kidding me?"

 

"I'm sorry. I'm so scared, baby. What if I fail on you?" Chanyeol straightened himself up and looked at his lover's eyes. "What if I mess up when I'm away due to timezones? What if you find out that you're better without me?" His voice was beginning to crack.

 

Baekhyun shook his head with furrowed eyebrows. He pulled himself away from the elder and stared into his eyes with his worried ones. "How can you be so insecure? You know me. You know us! There is nothing to be anxious about, baby." He reached over to wipe the tears that were falling out of Chanyeol's eyes. "There is no one in this world that will make me feel the way you do. You have given me all of you. I have given you all of me. Who is going to love me like you do whether far or close? Nobody."

 

The elder started to cry harder, releasing all of his bottled up emotions. "Chanyeol, you have promised me the world. I will never think that you will fail me when you are on the other side of the world. I promised you this. Trust yourself for me." He cradled his man against his heart and Chanyeol held onto him as if his life depended on him. It was heartbreaking to see the love of his life being insecure. The last time Chanyeol was insecure was when he proposed without a ring and thought he was terrible for doing that. Compared to now, this had to be Chanyeol's worst fear in their relationship: losing Baekhyun and not being good enough— feeling unworthy. Baekhyun held back his tears as if trying to be strong and felt Chanyeol pressed small kisses on his neck before kissing his lips.

 

"What did I do to deserve you?" The elder croaked before burying Baekhyun into his cheat.

 

"Everything." Baekhyun muffled against his chest and felt a kiss on his head. "Please kiss me."

 

Chanyeol sniffled and grabbed Baekhyun's cheeks to kiss his lips. As if directed, the fireworks went off and a heart formed right in front of them, and they broke their kiss to see it. Baekhyun started giggling at how coincidental it was and Chanyeol flashed a shy smile at the night sky. They both stared at each other again and kissed once more under the brightly lit sky of heart-shaped fireworks.

 

[one]

 

Jongin walked down the hallway with a box of ink in his hand with Minseok following behind him. They both passed by a door that was blasting Fu Mancho by Noah and stopped midway. They both tried to listen intently and then suddenly got lost with the beat being echoed out into the halls of the sixth floor.

 

"What is this?" Jongdae asked as he started to dance. The elder only shrugged and started moving his body to the music. "I know this is not Chanyeol blasting it. It can't be Chanyeol."

 

"Why would he blast something at such an hour?" Minseok asked as he placed his hands on Jongdae's shoulders while swaying his body.

 

Jongdae placed his hands on his shoulders and scoffed. "It's his last night. It's Friday too! People on this floor go crazy, remember?"

 

Minseok shook his head. "This shows that I rarely come here. I should come often. This song is something different."

 

Both of the boys got lost to the music. Little did they know, Jongdae was wrong. It was Chanyeol. Little did they also know that he was making out with Baekhyun to this song. The forgotten ink box was placed at the door and Jongdae and Minseok took their dance session back to Jongdae's apartment without letting Baekhyun know about the ink.

 

[one]

 

If you want to know what Chanyeol and Baekyun looks like in this story, search up salty tour for Chanyeol and 180124 for Baekhyun. Thank me later.