Out of Hand

Outside Forces

Story and cover art created by Kyren_Rayne on AsianFanfics.

Permission has not been given to post elsewhere.

 

Two updates in one month? I'm spoiling you guys ;)

Mild language in this chapter, just fyi.

 

It was finally here.

One of the most important moments of Lucy’s life.

Her first “adult” party.

To her it was probably just as important as something like graduation or getting married.

She had been excited for it since the moment her parents had told her that she was allowed to throw it.

The party had been in full swing for an hour or so now, but it truthfully was the farthest thing from Lucy’s mind.

Since she had seen that Sei had showed up with Doyeon again, she had been doing everything in her power to impress the Omega.

She’d tried everything from arm wrestling the captain of the football, baseball, and soccer teams to beating everyone who challenged her at beer pong.

Lucy’s current endeavor- out chug an upperclassman Alpha.

“You’re going down, MJ,” Lucy smirked over the brim of her cup.

The blonde boy rolled his eyes.

“You’re a freshman, Lucy. Don’t get too cocky.”

The two had quickly become friends after he’d given a speech at Lucy’s college orientation, sharing the same goofy yet driven personality as her.

Some random, already hammered student counted down from three then shouted go, signaling for the contest to begin.

MJ and Lucy both immediately began drinking.

Within seconds, Lucy slammed her emptied cup down onto the kitchen counter.

MJ followed suit milliseconds later.

“I concede,” he extended an arm out in Lucy’s direction as if presenting her to everyone else in the room, “Tonight’s champion- Lucy Noh!”

Everyone erupted into a mess of cheers.

Overflowing with pride, Lucy quickly found Sei in the crowd, their eyes locking, and pointed to her, wordlessly dedicating her win to the elder girl.

She tossed Sei a small wink, causing the Omega to smile and shake her head lightheartedly.

Before Lucy had a chance to go talk to the other girl, MJ wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her out of the room, saying something about wanting to introduce her to someone else she should try to outdrink.

“Hey,” Doyeon bumped her shoulder against Sei’s, “You realize she’s flirting with you, right?”

“What?!” Sei’s cheeks flooded with heat as she nearly choked on her drink, “No. She’s just being friendly.”

The Beta sighed as she moved to refill her glass.

Sei tailed behind her like a puppy, not wanting to get left behind with the partygoers that she didn’t know.

“Sei- ,” some of the alcohol splashed onto her shirt, “Look, I’ve been friends with Lucy for years. I probably know her better than I know myself, so I’d definitely say that I know when she’s crushing on someone.”

Doyeon offered the bottle of vodka to Sei who quickly shook her head.

She shrugged, set the bottle down, then guided the Omega into the living room.

“Lucy’s new to the school, Doyeon. She’s probably just trying to make new friends.”

“Oh please,” the taller girl swatted a couple who were making out out of her way, so that she and Sei could take a seat on the couch, “Does it look like she’s having trouble making friends?”

Sei glanced up to see Lucy joking around with a crowd of people.

“I guess not…”

“Exactly. She has plenty of friends. This girl wants to bang you.”

Sei spit some of her drink back into her cup out of shock.

“Doyeon!” She turned and slapped the Beta’s arm, “Don’t say stuff like that. She’s just a freshman…”

“Girl, what does that have to do with anything? You’re nearly a sophomore and you’re still a-”

Sei quickly moved to cover Doyeon’s mouth with her free hand.

“Stop!” Her voice lowered, “Don’t say it. Please.”

“Anywaaay,” Doyeon chuckled as she playfully pushed Sei’s palm away from her, “I’m going to go mingle- try to find someone who can handle all of this. You should go do the same,” She stood from the couch, “Or maybe just go talk to Lucy. She’s been staring at you for a whole minute.”

As Doyeon walked off, Sei looked back to Lucy to find the younger girl indeed staring at her.

Sei blushed again before hurriedly returning to her drink.

-

Lua pulled up outside of Lucy’s house, already dreading going in.

Parties weren’t really her thing because they were so crowded.

But she promised herself, and Yena, that she’d talk to Yoojung tonight.

As the Beta approached the front door, she typed out a short text to Yoojung.

Hey, are you at the Alpha party already? Wanna meet up?

Lua shoved through a mob of students who were congregating in the front corridor, heading straight for the booze in the kitchen.

As she began mixing an assortment of alcohols into a cup, attempting to make a drink that would get her drunk quickest, she heard a chuckle from behind her.

“I thought I’d find you here.”

Lua turned, already taking a sip of her concoction.

It was Yoojung, of course.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

The younger girl tapped her fingertip nervously against her cup, “Do you, uh, do you want to maybe find a quiet place to go? I kind of wanted to talk to you really quick.”

Yoojung nodded, silently taking Lua’s wrist and leading her outside.

The pair made their way out back, leaning against the railing that bordered Lucy’s porch.

It was relatively clear of others, the majority of people either inside or closer to the pool.

“So, what’s up?”

Lua sighed, taking an encouraging sip of alcohol.

“I wanted to apologize for last night. I overreacted. I’m happy for you and Heehyun.”

“What?”

Lua turned to face Yoojung, raising an eyebrow quizzically towards her.

“Uh, you know. I bailed on you when you kissed Heehyun last night.”

“No, not that,” the older girl shook her head, “You’re happy for me and Heehyun? Why?”

Lua’s mouth hung open slightly, her confusion clearly evident on her face.

“What do you mean? I’m happy that you two are dating. I’m trying to be a supportive friend.”

Yoojung leaned her head back and let out a loud laugh.

“You’re happy for us? Lua,” she placed her hand on the other Beta’s shoulder, “I’m not dating Heehyun.”

“What?”

“Yeah, just because we kissed doesn’t mean I’m dating her. We’re free spirits, Lua. All about that free love.”

“Free…love...?”

“Yeah, look,” Yoojung moved her hand to grip Lua’s collar, tugging her close and briefly connecting their lips, “See?”

As she stood there in silence, Lua’s eyes went wide.

“Don’t look so shocked, we’re friends. It’s no biggie,” Yoojung laughed again.

Something clicked in Lua’s brain, causing her to smile warmly and then take another sip of her drink.

They were friends.

It didn’t matter who Yoojung was or wasn’t dating.

If she said they were friends, they were friends.

She wasn’t going to lose Yoojung any time soon.

“Yeah,” the pair moved back to lean on the railing again, “You’re right.”

“I’m always right,” the smaller Beta poked her friend in the side, “You should listen to me more often then. No need to go getting upset about stupid things, right?”

Lua nodded, not sure if Yoojung was even looking at her.

“So…everything’s good between us then?”

Yoojung nodded, “Everything’s good.”

-

Rina and Elly had been at Lucy’s party since it first started.

As the head Alpha, at least that’s what she called herself, Elly always had to be at events from open to close.

She wouldn’t admit it, but it was definitely a dominance thing.

Rina didn’t enjoy the partying as much as Elly did, but she stayed because that’s the kind of thing Omegas did.

“We should probably go find Lucy and Suyeon. We’ve been here for quite a while and still haven’t told them thank you for having us.”

Rina tugged gently on Elly’s hand, distracting her from the semi-heated argument that she was having with another Alpha about her height.

As soon as the elder girl’s eyes met Rina’s, her anger dissipated.

She smiled softly at her girlfriend, “You’re right. Let’s go.”

The couple made their way off to find Lucy and Suyeon, but only after Elly had told the other Alpha that their conversation was far from over.

They found Suyeon first as she was sitting on the staircase, conversing calmly with a group of her other friends.

“Hey,” Elly tossed a wave towards her elder, “Great party, Suyeon. Thanks for setting everything up.”

The black-haired Alpha excused herself and made her way down to meet the pair at the foot of the stairs.

“It’s no problem. Lucy actually pretty much handled everything on her own.”

Rina chuckled, but the mere mention of Lucy already had Elly a bit irritated.

“I’m kind of surprised that so many people showed up to a freshman party. It’s not normally so packed, right?”

Suyeon shrugged, “A lot of people seem interested in getting in good with Lucy. Nearly every club captain showed up to ask her to join their association. But who could blame them? She’s a gold star Alpha- she’d be great to have on their side.”

“And what’s Lucy said?” Elly cut in.

“Hm,” Suyeon hummed, “Well, no definite answers yet. She’s just told all of them that she’d consider it. I don’t think she really knows what she wants to do just yet. She’s mostly had her sorting and this party on the brain.”

“Any word on when she’s supposed to be moving in with us?”

“Hey,” Suyeon rapped a knuckle playfully against the younger Alpha’s creased forehead, “It’s a party, tonight’s supposed to be fun. Drop your ridiculous feud with Lucy for a minute, huh?”

Elly huffed and stormed off, leaving Rina alone with Suyeon.

The smaller girl sighed, “I’m sorry about her.”

“Don’t be,” Suyeon shrugged again, “I know how Elly is. She’s a brat sometimes, and the alcohol definitely isn’t helping. Truthfully,” she leaned closer to Rina so that she could whisper in her ear, “I think it’s because she has a Napoleon Complex.”

The girls both broke into a fit of laughter as they parted, but Rina quickly became straight faced.

“Hey! I’m the same height as her! Are you calling me short?”

“You wear your height with grace. Elly, she wears it like a little angry gremlin.”

Rina lightly slapped Suyeon’s arm, “Hey, she’s still my girlfriend.”

“Right,” Suyeon raised her hands defensively, “No offense.”

The pair chuckled again before Rina gave a soft nod.

“Well, I should probably go find Elly to try to calm her down. Thanks again for having us.”

“Any time.”

With that, Rina wandered off to find Elly, while Suyeon returned to her conversation on the stairs.

After a bit of searching, the Omega managed to find her girlfriend in the front yard.

Not to much surprise, Elly looked like she was about to throw hands with some random Alpha.

“No wonder everyone likes Lucy more than you. She’s only a freshman, and she’s already a better Alpha than you.”

The redhead bared her fangs, growling angrily, “Just because she’s more popular doesn’t make her a better Alpha than me!”

“Hey, what are you guys doing,” Rina quickly ran to Elly’s side, gripping her wrist to try to calm her.

“This is trying to start a fight that he’s definitely going to lose.”

Rina tugged on Elly’s arm in an attempt to distract her, “He’s just trying to get under your skin. Be the better man and let it go.”

The Alpha male took a few steps closer to Elly as a crowd of onlookers now surrounded them to see how the event was going to unfold.

“Oh, what’s this? You’re such a Alpha that you need an Omega to defend you? Hey, babygirl, why don’t you ditch this loser and I’ll show you what a true Alpha can do.”

“Don’t ing talk to her like that.”

Elly easily slipped out of Rina’s hold and charged the other Alpha.

Not holding back, she immediately caught the boy’s hips and tackled him to the ground.

He had no choice but to keep his guard up, attempting to block the powershots that Elly was relentlessly throwing towards his face.

“Stop it!” Rina called, still at a distance, though her words were easily drowned out by the cheers of the spectators.

Within moments, Lucy and Suyeon came flying out of the house and to the scene.

Lucy grabbed Elly, Suyeon the other Alpha, and pulled them apart.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Suyeon barked at them, “You’re both Alphas. Have some respect for yourselves,” She shoved the boy away from her and towards the street, “Get the hell out of here. I better not see you back tonight or I’ll deal with you myself.”

Seeing that Suyeon had easily deescalated the situation, Lucy slowly released Elly from her hold.

“Elly,” Suyeon stormed up to said girl, “How many times do I have to tell you not to start fights? I can only defend you to the dean for so long.”

“You’re not my ing mom, Suyeon. Okay?! Why don’t you go take care of baby Lucy instead, huh? She’s the one who needs your help.”

“Woah,” Lucy tried to place a comforting hand on Elly’s shoulder, but the other Alpha immediately pulled away.

“And you, don’t act like we’re ing friends. Suyeon may like you and you may be my roommate, but we’re not goddamned friends, so don’t you ever lay a finger on me!”

Lucy put her hands up in defense, eyeing Suyeon for help, “Okay…”

Before anything else could be said, Rina marched up to Elly.

“What are you doing? You could’ve gotten yourself hurt.”

Elly looked down at Rina, attempting to explain herself.

“I was defending you-”

“No, you were defending yourself! I was an afterthought,” tears immediately threatened at Rina’s eyes as she raised her voice.

She hated that she always cried when she got angry.

Another Omega trait.

“I always give you what you want,” Elly’s voice was quiet for the first time that night, “How could you say I did this for myself?”

“I’m the one who has to compromise, Elly! I go to countless parties with you, I defend you to everyone, I let you drag me into every mess you get yourself into. I mean, I let you me in the art room!” A few ooh’s came from the handful students who stayed behind to watch the last of the drama, “I just feel like sometimes I’m dating a child. You’re an Alpha- learn to act like one.”

“What…what are you giving up for me?” Her voice cracked.

“My life,” Rina paused, “I love you, but I’m tired of having to be the one who pulls you out of trouble, the one who has no choice but to stand to the side when you’re starting pointless fights,” she choked back a sob, “And what is your problem with Lucy? She’s a nice person, Elly. She’s not trying to dethrone you or beat you in some stupid, fictitious contest that you’ve created in your mind!”

The Alpha bowed her head.

Rina was the only one who had power over her, despite the younger girl being an Omega.

“So, what are you saying? Are you breaking up with me?”

“I don’t know, Elly. I just need some time to think, okay?”

With that, Rina turned and began walking off towards her dorm.

“You just made the biggest mistake of your life,” Suyeon stated plainly towards Elly, heading back to the party.

Lucy shot her a sympathetic smile before following after Suyeon.

-

After the whole Elly ordeal, the attendance at the party seemed to dwindle.

The whole fighting-on-the-lawn thing probably killed everyone’s vibe.

“Hey, Lucy,” Sei caught up with Lucy and Suyeon as they were coming back inside.

A bright smile immediately rose to the younger Alpha’s face.

“Sei, hi. What’s up?”

“I just wanted to say thanks for having me tonight even though I wasn’t exactly invited.”

Suyeon breezed past them, grumbling to herself about how she’d have to fix all of the damage done by Elly and the other random Alpha.

“I’m glad you made it,” she clicked her tongue against the roof of , “Sorry about the whole commotion with Rina. I know she’s your roommate and all.”

“Yeah…Well, I should probably get going, so I can check in on her.”

.

“Uh hey, wait,” Lucy started to panic, “You don’t want to hang around for a little longer? I could give you a ride back to the Omega dorms later.”

Sei hesitated, genuinely considering the offer since Doyeon had disappeared on her at some point during the evening.

“I should probably just go now…”

“Then what if I, uh, gave you a ride now? It would probably be safer than you walking, right?”

Sei giggled, “Weren’t you pounding down drinks all night, Miss Macho Alpha?”

The taller girl blushed and rubbed the back of her neck.

“No, well, I mean yeah,” she put her hands up, gesturing outwardly towards Sei, “But I’m good to drive. I have a pretty high tolerance because of muscle mass.”

The smaller girl placed her hand gently on Lucy’s arm, flashing her a warm smile, “You can drive me home.”

“Great,” Lucy did a mental fist pump, “Let me run and grab my keys. I’ll meet you out front?”

Sei nodded as Lucy sprinted off to get her belongings.

While she was waiting, the Omega couldn’t help but think about what Doyeon had told her earlier that night.

Sei was never one to pick up on hints- truthfully, she was a little clueless when it came to these sorts of things.

But even she knew now that Lucy was flirting with her.

Well, trying to.

“I’m back,” Lucy’s face was slightly flushed as if she had been rushing to return to the elder girl.

“I see that,” Sei chuckled.

“Right. Let’s get going then, I guess.”

The pair made their way out to Lucy’s car and hopped in.

It was a pretty quiet ride, neither of the girls really knowing what to say to the other.

“So, how do you know Doyeon? I’ve been friends with her since I was a baby. I feel like I should know you if you know her,” Lucy finally broke the silence.

“Oh, well we actually met in a café our freshman year. We both love tea, so when she overhead that I had ordered the same thing she had, she came to talk to me. Then you know how Doyeon is- wouldn’t leave me alone until we were friends.”

They both let out soft laughs.

“Yep, that’s definitely a Doyeon thing to do.”

The two returned to silence as Lucy finally pulled up outside of the Omega dorms.

“Do you want me to walk you to the front?” the Alpha shifted into park and turned to face Sei, “I’m not allowed inside or else I’d offer to walk you up to your room.”

Sei smiled her gentle smile again and shook her head, “No, it’s fine. Thank you for the offer though. And thank you for the ride.”

“Of course,” Lucy sighed.

The taller girl found herself drawn in by Sei as she had the whole night, though at the proximity they were at now, the attraction felt much stronger.

Her tongue involuntarily peeked out of to dampen her lips.

“Sei,” her voice was quiet as she moved her hand to hesitantly rest against the back of the Omega’s neck.

Said girl sat silently, unsure of why she was letting Lucy proceed.

“Thanks for coming to my party tonight. I hope I get to see you again.”

With that, she leaned in and connected their lips.

Sei, never having kissed anyone before, easily let Lucy take the lead.

Lucy’s grip on her neck tensed a bit as she pulled them closer together, opening to warmly link their tongues.

The heat of Sei’s body against hers felt nice, effortlessly triggering Lucy’s sensitive Alpha senses.

Without thinking, the Alpha let her still slightly dull fangs sink into Sei’s bottom lip.

As if awoken by the bite, Sei was finally able to shake the shock of what was happening and press her palms to the younger girl’s chest to separate their mouths.

“, I’m sorry. I hope I didn’t cross a line.”

Both girls were flushed, their eyes shaking.

“No, it’s fine.”

“Oh,” Lucy hesitated, “So does that mean you like me?”

Sei her bottom lip between her teeth, the taste of her own blood flooding .

“Well, it’s just, I don’t really know what I like…”

The kiss felt good as far as Sei was aware, but she had only ever dated men.

And even then, she had never kissed them or anything more really.

How could she be sure that what she was feeling was actually attraction towards Lucy and not just her body being confused?

“Oh,” the Alpha repeated.

“But I would like to see you again,” Sei rushed out as she hurriedly opened the car door and stepped out, “I’ll talk to you later. Thanks again!”

Without giving Lucy a chance to reply, Sei took off to the entrance of the Omega dorms.

Lucy waited behind, watching her as she entered the building.

“,” she sighed, slamming her head back against her seat.

She’d definitely need Suyeon’s advice now.

 

-

A/N: I felt inspired by Dazzle Dazzle, so I decided to work on this story again. I came up with most of the ideas for this chapter while I was bored at work yesterday night, and shot this chapter out in like a day because I was excited about it. Hopefully it’s not too bad lol.

Anyway, thanks again for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I already have a few ideas for the next chapter, so hopefully I’ll update again soon :)