The Beginning

Outside Forces

Story and cover art created by Kyren_Rayne on AsianFanfics.

Permission has not been given to post elsewhere.

 

Being in a divided university kind of .

Well, Elly thought so anyway.

The fact that she couldn’t room, or even go to classes, with her Omega girlfriend just because she was an Alpha was ridiculous.

It didn’t make sense that they could all be together in campus halls or the student center or the library, but not in classes and dorms.

What was the point?

She thought Alphas were supposed to be the top dogs.

Why then did the college get to tell them what to do?

“Knock-knock,” Suyeon rapped her knuckles against the door to Elly’s bedroom despite it being wide open, momentarily distracting her from her thoughts.

Elly simply gave a hum in response, not moving from the spot on her bed where she lay face down.

The elder girl chuckled as she walked closer to her roommate.

“What’re you moping about this time?”

Elly kicked her feet around rather childishly as she rolled over to face Suyeon, who seemed to tower over her.

“I just don’t understand why I have to live with you instead of Rina,” she huffed, “What’s the harm in it? Why do we all have to be separated?”

“I didn’t realize that it was so horrible living with me,” Suyeon feigned offense, “Stop pouting. That’s been the rule for years. When are you going to get over it? It’s not like you can’t see Rina after classes.”

Elly immediately shot to her feet.

“But only until curfew starts and not even in the dorms!” She clenched her fists at her sides, her muscles becoming easily visible to Suyeon, “Why am I being punished for being born an Alpha?”

“Calm down, you martyr. The rule wasn’t put in place specifically to annoy you. We all have to deal with it.”

Elly just crossed her arms and continued her brooding.

“Well,” Suyeon began again, “Since I’m wasting my breath- I just came in here to tell you that I’m going out to meet up with Lucy for coffee, so we can discuss her coming of age ceremony. I’ve been talking with the Alpha officers and we’re almost positive that she’s going to be deemed an Alpha next week.”

“Everyone already knows that that giant baby is an Alpha,” Elly grumbled, now staring angrily out the window, “Why bother telling me again?”

The black-haired girl chuckled as she turned to begin walking out of the room and towards the dorm’s entrance.

“Why don’t you go visit Rina?” she shouted on her way out, “Or head to the gym? Anything to get rid of your anger by the time I’m back home.”

With that, Elly heard the door click shut, and she was left alone once more.

Elly’s blood was boiling now, her adrenaline spiked.

Maybe Suyeon was right.

She did need to burn herself out before her anger got the better of her.

Just as she was beginning to change into her gym clothes, her phone began to ring.

The sound of the specific ringtone that filled the room immediately made the flame within her fizzle out.

She hurried to answer the call.

“Hey, beautiful.”

“Hi, Elly,” a gentle giggle echoed through the speaker, making Elly’s heart soften, “I just wanted to see if you wanted to meet up for a late lunch. My meeting with Dr. Choi ended early.”

The redhead laid back down on her bed, smiling for no particular reason.

“I was actually just about to head out to the gym,” she hummed, “Maybe you’d want to go with me?”

There was a moment of dead air between the phones.

“Ah, well,” Rina hesitated, “You know how it is to be an Omega at the gym… I feel so weak being surrounded by all of those Alphas.”

Elly rolled over to prop her chin up on her elbow.

“No one would dare laugh at you with an Alpha on your arm.”

Silence.

Rina knew Elly meant well, she could just be a little dense when she was in her Alpha mindset.

“Actually, I kind of wanted to sit down with you, so I could talk to you about something.”

As usual, despite being an Alpha, the older girl easily submitted to her girlfriend.

She smiled to herself.

“Alright, sweetheart. I’ll meet you at the cafeteria in five, okay?”

“Sounds good,” Elly could hear the smile in her voice as well, “I’ll see you then.”

Once they had hung up, Elly returned to changing into her workout clothes, deciding that she’d still go work out some of her aggression at the gym after her talk with Rina.

Before heading out, she made sure to grab her golden “A” pin.

As she affixed it to her shirt, her anger once again began to rise.

It seemed like such an outdated rule to make everyone wear pins to show what class they belonged to.

Whose business was it anyway?

Pushing her irritation down once more, Elly finally started off towards the student center.

The sun was out, but the wind provided a nice breeze, so she had opted for jogging there instead of wasting gas by driving across campus.

When she entered the dining hall, her eyes quickly found Rina.

The younger girl was sitting at a table alone, reading some papers that were lying in front of her.

She was wearing a black and white striped sweater, her matching black hair tucked away behind her ear.

As Elly got closer, she could make out the white “O” pin attached to the sleeve of Rina’s shirt.

Although they were required to wear them, the younger girl managed to make it her own, somehow taking away the indignity that Elly felt they brought.

“You waiting for someone?” Elly said as she approached Rina from behind.

Rina lifted her head from her work and turned to find who was speaking to her.

“Elly~,” she stood and quickly wrapped the redhead in a warm hug.

As her body pressed against Elly’s, she could feel every single difference between their builds.

Elly was toned, muscled, sharp at every edge.

Her body was hard and warm.

Rina, on the other hand, was the very definition of Omega.

Soft, small, and quiet.

But Elly liked it that way.

She was her sweet, little babygirl (even though Rina was actually slightly taller than her).

Elly liked feeling that she’d be able to protect Rina from anything.

They parted slowly, Elly still keeping her hands on Rina’s waist as she took in her appearance.

“You look lovely today. Judging from that smile, I’d say that meeting with your art instructor went rather well.”

At the mere mention of the man, Rina almost somehow began emitting tangible rays of excitement.

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about,” she guided her girlfriend towards their table, so they could take their seats, “Dr. Choi told me that he spoke with Damien Tokko about my art and he wants to dedicate a section in his new gallery to my work! I don’t know if you know who that is, but just know that this is a huge deal for me!”

Elly slid her hands across the table to envelop Rina’s.

“That’s awesome, babe! I’m so proud of you,” she smiled, “You’ll definitely have to give me a tour of your exhibit once it’s set up.”

“You’ll be the first to see.”

-

“Hey, are you going to Lucy’s party next Friday?”

Doyeon wrapped her arm around Sei’s shoulder as she caught up with her in the hall.

Sei shifted her bookbag from one arm to the other as she thought.

“I don’t know. Isn’t it like going to be nothing but Alphas trying to convince her to join their clubs or whatever?”

Doyeon chuckled, squeezing her friend closer to her playfully.

“What, is little Sei jealous that she got stuck being a baby Omega?”

“Hey,” she grumbled, sounding rather childish, “You’re not an Alpha either.”

“Yeah, but at least I’m a Beta.”

Turning to see the pout on the smaller girl’s face, another laugh escaped Doyeon’s lips.

“I’m just kidding. It’ll be fine though. Plus, Lucy’s my friend. You should come support her with me,” she bumped the side of her hip against Sei’s, “And who knows- Maybe you’ll find yourself a hot Alpha while we’re there.”

The younger girl’s cheeks immediately flooded with a warm crimson.

“Aish,” she shook free of Doyeon’s grasp, “Who said I was looking for an Alpha?”

Doyeon hurried in front of Sei, blocking her path and forcing her to stop walking.

Leaning down a bit, she met Sei at eye-level.

“Oh, that’s right. I forgot that you’re totally in love with me.”

As Sei’s eyes widened and her blush darkened, Doyeon leaned back and let out a loud laugh that echoed through the entire hall.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I’m just kidding, my lovely Sei,” Doyeon wrapped her arm back around the brown-haired girl, “Let me buy you lunch to make it up to you. Maybe I can convince you to come to Lucy’s party when you’re distracted by tea.”

-

Lua had been put into a class later than most.

She had always yearned to be an Alpha.

They were tough and untouchable.

But she knew that she could never reach that mark.

She knew that she’d only be able to be named a Beta.

So, she put off higher education.

That was until her father found out.

“Lua, you’re wasting your life away. It doesn’t matter what class you’re a part of, education is important.”

That was coming from an Alpha.

Of course he didn’t think rankings mattered.

Lua was perfectly content with ignoring his words until he threatened to cut off her allowance and make her actually get a job.

So, as soon as enrollment had reopened, she immediately attended a sorting ceremony.

It was already her second semester at the university, but she still hadn’t settled in.

She hated the rules.

She hated the sorting.

She hated the division.

And she hated the people.

Well, except for Yoojung.

Yoojung was a Beta officer that she had met in freshman orientation.

She preached the rules to the newbies when she was in front of the other officers, but when she was left in charge, she told everyone the truth.

She also thought the rules were stupid and believed that everyone should be living their lives how they wanted to.

The only reason she had joined the Beta committee was to try to build strong enough relationships with those in power to one day hopefully convince them to remove the campus’ division rule.

People told her she was wasting her time.

That even though it wasn’t a law, too many places outside of the school had similar rules.

No one person could ever make any change.

But Lua loved what she stood for.

Even though both of them were Betas, she looked up to Yoojung.

“Hey, Yoo.”

The two were lying side-by-side on the floor in Yoojung’s suite.

They often opted for hanging out in her dorm since officers got better rooms than the regular students.

Yoojung took a drag from her freshly rolled joint.

“What’s up?”

A small cloud of smoke left in tandem with her words.

“You think it’s possible to change your faction?”

Yoojung handed the blunt off to Lua as she answered.

“Not under these patriarchal rules,” she sat up on her elbows, still staring at the ceiling, “But I don’t think these classes- Alpha, Beta, Omega- They don’t really exist. We’re all just people, you know what I mean?”

Lua nodded absentmindedly as she in a puff of the weed that Yoojung had wrapped in grape flavored paper today.

She chose a different flavor every time depending on her mood.

Lua loved the sweet burn that they left in .

The smaller girl suddenly took to her feet, making her way to the stereo that she had set up on a dresser in her room.

As she fiddled with it, she began speaking again.

“I heard there’s supposed to be an Alpha party going on next weekend. Wanna go and help me recruit for the A.B.O. relations group? We’re lacking in A’s since they generally don’t think there’s anything wrong with being divided by our class,” she turned up the volume, some random song blasting loudly out of the speakers, “ing imbeciles.”

Lua chuckled as she stood to join Yoojung.

The two began swaying fluidly with the music.

“If there’s booze, I’m definitely down.”

-

Lucy tapped her pen rhythmically against the table, not the least bit interested in what Suyeon was going on about today.

She was too excited about her upcoming party.

It was her first party that wasn’t just some birthday party that her parents were throwing.

No, she was going to be an adult.

Her parents would be out of town and there would be college students there.

Who knew what awesome stuff she’d finally get to do.

“Hey,” Suyeon flicked Lucy’s forehead, “You need to pay attention. There are very specific things that you need to do in preparation for the ceremony.”

Rubbing the reddened spot on her head, Lucy nodded.

“I know, I know. We’ve been over it so many times already. Bow only to the Alpha officers. No smiling until the ceremony is over. Wear my red and gold blazer,” she sighed, “Why are there so many rules?”

Suyeon matched her sigh, closing the notebook that she had open on the table in front of her.

“Because, contrary to popular belief, being an Alpha isn’t just about being tough and looking cool. We have responsibilities. It’s our duty to show others how to act. Alphas set standards for others, especially young people like you, and unfortunately not many people get that. Too few Alphas take their roles seriously,” she picked up her coffee and gave Lucy a hard stare, “I need you to understand that.”

Lucy bowed her head slightly, a sort of sign of respect for Suyeon.

“I know…I’m sorry.”

-

Well, I hope you liked it. This chapter was just to kind of get everything started. Let me know what you think so far :) I'm not sure what I plan on doing with this, but I got bored and decided to start a new story. Hopefully I'll be able to update this regularly, though I have a habit of starting fics and never finishing them @.@.