Chapt. 02

Half Cursed Half Blessed

 


The time has arrived, the time for lunch, the time everyone has been waiting for, all except Dahyun. She sighed and packed her things, hesitant to even step out of her class, her wings were slightly opened, a natural way of indicating a sense of uncertainty or anxiousness, same thing goes to her unwanted tail, it stands up straight and only curves at the tip, thankfully her baggy jeans was able to hide it well. Dahyun wanted to try and escape from lunch, unfortunately, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were already waiting for her outside her classroom. Dahyun sighed and massaged her nose bridge, while slowly walking towards them. Guess she has no way of escaping now.

"Come on Dahyun, loosen up a bit, close your wings! It's just lunch with new friends you can make, it's not that bad," Chaeyoung cheered for Dahyun, "If anything bad happens, you can just leave, alright?"

Dahyun nodded, the two smiled and led Dahyun towards the cafeteria, Dahyun took in her surroundings, like the entire building, it was divided dead centre of the cafeteria, one side for Angels and one for Demons. Dahyun started to panic a bit, everyone was really divided, what about her? Will they kick her out of the school? Dahyun shook off those thoughts and just decided to order her lunch. She went back after ordering and found the seat where Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and their friends sat. Chaeyoung smiled brightly and raised her hand up high.

"Dahyun! Over here!" Chaeyoung shouted, Dahyun sighed for the nth time and started walking towards them, when she reached their table, before she even sat down, a voice calls out to her.

"Hey! You! The new girl right? Look at me!" A deep voice called out to her, before she turned around, she scanned the faces of the new people at the table, their eyebrows frowned with furious expressions on their faces, some even had their fists clenched. She saw a girl lean down to another's girl's ear.

"What does this disgusting Demon want? Why bother us now? And her?" Dahyun heard it, it was meant to be a whisper but Dahyun still heard it, Dahyun's heart twisted painfully, will this be their reaction when they found out what she was? Who she was? Dahyun sighed and turned around, meeting a guy Demon at the edge of the divided line.

"So they were right, you do have a red eye, like us, also I sense something weird about you, can't tell what though," The Demon laughed, Can they sense Dahyun's demon? Her cursed part? Before Dahyun could even speak, she felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked over and it was a girl, looking the same as others, furious.

"What are you doing? What do you want? Whatever you're doing, Leave. Her. Alone." Her expression stern, her voice assertive. The Demon only laughed.

"Why ya'll getting all feisty for? I'm only asking what's been going around, it's not like I'm gonna lay a finger on her you neat freaks, next thing I know is that you'll chase me with cleaning supplies," The Demon joked, almost every Angel who heard his remark stood up harshly.

"Woah, Woah, calm down, geez, haven't ya'll heard of a joke? You need to chill out! Relax for a bit! I-" The Demon was interrupted by a slight push from another Demon.

"Stop it, we don't want to cause trouble, that's enough of you, let's go," With that the two Demons left, leaving the cafeteria. The Angels all calmed down, Dahyun didn't know what had happened, it all happened too fast, the girl was still beside her and still had her hand on her shoulder, the girl turned towards her and smiled, removing her hand and offer it to Dahyun.

"The name's Momo, Hirai Momo, under me and my friends, you'll be safe," Momo grinned, Dahyun quietly shook the offered hand, Momo led her towards the table and sat down beside Chaeyoung.

"Everyone, this is Dahyun, Tzuyu and have known her since kindergarten! She's very fun to be with," Chaeyoung introduced, Dahyun smiled weakly and bowed.

"No need to bow, I'm Yoo Jeongyeon, I'm an Angel with speed traits! I'm the oldest here!" A girl with short hair sitting across Chaeyoung introduced.

"I'm Hirai Momo, I'm an Angel with Gladiator traits, so I'll keep you safe," Momo winked at Dahyun, Dahyun felt strange, weird.

"Hai! You're cute! I'm Minatozaki Sana! I'm an Angel with cupid traits so I can easily take your heart," Sana smirked, Dahyun again felt strange, she honestly felt attacked.

"Stop it Sana! You know you can't keep breaking people's hearts, you player!" Momo smacked her.

"Don't mind them, I'm Myoui Mina, I'm an Angel with Ice traits. Momo, Sana and I are Japanese," The elegant girl introduced.

"Tell us more about yourself Dahyun-ssi," Jeongyeon spoke, Dahyun froze. What trait was she? She used to be a pure Angel, now she's cursed, combined good and bad, she quickly looked down and at her hands, she did random movements, in hopes something will happen, and as if God was helping her, a spark of electricity sparked in her palms, she quickly looked up to see concerned looks.

"Sorry everyone, thought I saw something," Dahyun spoke softly, most of her words quite muffled from the mask she was wearing.

"It's fine, tell us more about yourself," Jeongyeon repeated.

"My name's Kim Dahyun, I'm an Angel with electricity traits," Dahyun spoke softly again.

"I used to be pure, but it was scrapped from me," Dahyun thought.

"Oh, electricity, that's quite powerful!" Jeongyeon cooed.

"Wait, Dahyun, I thought you used to be a pure Angel?" Chaeyoung asked. Dahyun wanted nothing but to smack her out of the cafeteria, she started to sweat as everyone gave confused looks, Dahyun looked down and sighed.

"I don't want to talk about it, it's very personal," Dahyun croaked.

"Dahyun, what happened when you when missing? Why did you even went missing," Chaeyoung continued, Dahyun started to get irritated, bad memories of the lab kept flashing in her mind, irritating her. But she knows to control herself, she'll be dead if she ever let loose.

"Look, Chaeyoung, this is very sensitive to me, I'll tell you when I'm ready okay?" Dahyun spoke, a hint of irritation in her voice. Chaeyoung nodded and turned back to her food. The table was silent, no one talked. Although there was no talking, there were stares, and it didn't go unnoticed by Dahyun, she noticed that Momo and Sana kept staring at her, probably because she didn't touch her food yet.

"Aren't you going to eat Dahyun?" Momo asked, Dahyun knew this was coming, she was hungry, she wanted to eat, but she can't put down her mask, or her unwanted fangs will be revealed.

"I-I'm not hungry," Dahyun replied.

"But you're small, you need energy," Momo plastered. Dahyun shook it off, Momo could only nod and continue eating.

"Hey, let's hang out tomorrow after school, in?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I'm in!" Momo and Sana exclaimed in unison.

"Sure," Mina and Tzuyu replied.

"You going dubs?" Chaeyoung asked Dahyun, all eyes were suddenly on Dahyun, she felt nervous.

"You want me to come?" Dahyun questioned.

"Of course! You're our new friend now, we have to get to know you more, so are you in?" Jeongyeon smiled brightly. Dahyun smiled weakly and nodded.

"Dubs is going so I'm going," Chaeyoung chuckled and pointed at herself.

More chatter seemed to have suddenly happened, they were talking more, laughing more, smiling more, all while involving Dahyun. Dahyun felt contented, she felt appreciated, she felt visible, but she knew she can't get attached to them, she can't reveal anything to them, the whole time, Dahyun could feel and caught them staring at her eye, she regretted not covering it, she forgot about her eye, honest mistake. Everyone seemed to have suddenly clicked with Dahyun, and Dahyun honestly has too, they're humorous, and their atmosphere is joyful.

All things comes to an end when the bell rings, everyone packed up and bid goodbyes, Dahyun was walking to her next class when Chaeyoung and Tzuyu ran up to her.

"So how were they Dahyun unnie?" Tzuyu asked.

"They're nice," Dahyun replied.

"See Dahyun? People new friends aren't that bad right?" Chaeyoung smiled.

"I guess," Dahyun shrugged, "This is my class, bye" Dahyun waved, they waved back and watched Dahyun walk into class, once Dahyun was out of view, they immediately turned towards each other.

"Dahyun has changed, she isn't who she is anymore, literally, she was a pure Angel, with her halo on her head, now it's gone," Chaeyoung spoke softly.

"Something bad must have happened to Dahyun, she's gotten more reserved, she used to talk about everything and was always smiling," Tzuyu added.

"She's hiding something, I can feel it!" Chaeyoung spat.

"I can feel it too, she's being very secretive," Tzuyu spoke.

"I say we get everyone to help and figure out what happened to Dahyun and what she is hiding," Chaeyoung smirked.

"But aren't we invading her privacy? She has to keep it a secret for a reason, we don't want to seem as backstabbers to her," Tzuyu reasoned.

"True, we'll just have to go it secretly and as causal as possible," Chaeyoung insisted. Tzuyu sighed.

"Alright, I hope your plan works," Tzuyu replied.

"Of course it'll work, we have the gang to help us," Chaeyoung crossed her arms.

"Okay fine, let's just get to class," Tzuyu sighed while walking away.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Chaeyoung shouted before running to try and catch up with Tzuyu.
.
.
.
.
Dahyun quickly ran out to the front of the school when school was over, ignoring all the weird glances from other students, she quickly went towards the gate and pass it, she stopped for a breather, she noticed that once Angels exited the gate, they opened their wings and flew off. Dahyun positioned herself and opened her wings, she flapped and was lifted off into the air, Dahyun flew up towards the clouds so she won't be spotted by any humans, she flew fast and swiftly, quickly diving down towards her house when she spotted it, she harshly entered her house, locked it and quickly towards her parent's office, or, her office. She rushed towards the bookshelf, scanning through the pile of books, it took a while but she finally found the book she was looking for, she grabbed it and sat at the desk, flipping through the pages.

"Come on, it must be here somewhere," Dahyun said to herself, desperately trying to find the page she needed. "Finally! Found it!"

Dahyun started to read its contents, confirming her theory.

"Demons can manipulate electricity, whether it be electronics or weather. Demons can manipulate electronics at their will, can create thunderstorms and create electricity. This is called "Electrokinesis". Demons can generate and manipulate electricity, whether they be sparks or full beams. Demons can also electrify anything they please. However, only Demons with the electricity trait can fully manipulate this power." Dahyun readout. Dahyun cursed to herself, this, of course, has to be from her unwanted Demon side. After she has escaped, she started doing research on Demons, turns out, the typical powers of Demons has also been transferred to her, powers like, super strength, demonic possession, enhanced stamina and enhanced senses, like Angels, every Demon has a specific trait, turns out the Demon transferred to her has the electricity trait. The electricity trait is one of the most rarest and quite powerful traits, it was also what keep the Student Council together.

Dahyun sighed and looked up, she noticed the lights were not on, there was natural sunlight coming from the window behind her so she guessed she didn't really need it much. An idea then sparked in Dahyun, she raised her hand towards the light above her, it was an old hanging light, it should work, Dahyun opened her hand and just as she thought, electricity sparked through her palms and into the old hanging light, turning it on. Dahyun will admit, that was cool. She got up and walked out of the office and into her room, making sure to close all the windows and locking her door, she changed into something light, a grey tank top and simple shorts. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed.

She had her wings in, her red, dark horns standing strong and still on her head, her fang poking out of her lips, her red tail with an arrow tip, hung low and swaying from left to right, and her right red-eye, bright and glowing. Dahyun sighed again, thinking what has she done to deserve this, what she did in her past life, she thought and thought, turning from thinking about her curse to the group of new people she had spent lunch with, she has to admit, they were a bright bunch, they seem to accept each other, but will they accept her? Momo seems to be on to her. Momo. Dahyun remembers when she first introduced herself to her, she felt this strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, it could just be that she was hungry, but she felt the same thing when Sana introduced herself, Dahyun wasn't sure whether it was flirting or not, but she was certain she had that strange feeling towards them and no one else. Then her mind started thinking about that Demon guy, do Demons sense her Demon side? All Demons have enhanced senses, Dahyun has to stay alert, she can't let her guard down.

It was getting late, Dahyun decided to wash up and sleep, hoping the next day won't be as bad and hopefully she would be able to pass through the hang out smoothly.

__________________

Author's note:
I've decided to update every Wednesday.