Chapt 12.

Half Cursed Half Blessed


 

Same as any student, Dahyun dreaded waking up for school on Mondays. The frustration was all that filled her as soon as her alarm rang in her ears, with a loud groan and multiple complaints to no one, Dahyun finally found the energy to lift her body up to get out of bed and head towards the bathroom, taking off her clothes and stepping into the shower. Nothing much had happened these past few days, it was just school, if you considered the rather odd(as how Dahyun would put it) occurrences as something big then sure, it wasn't as boring as she thought.

Come to think of it, Dahyun's mind soon wandered off to that strange boy that tried to attack and challenge her. Dahyun never did get that boy's name, nor did she really care. He was just someone annoying, pinning someone down was not a good first impression. Dahyun could clearly tell he was a troublemaker, maybe 'popular'.

All in all, Dahyun was happier with the lifestyle she has now, she didn't have to work as hard to get an education when she already secured it and would be graduating in around 2-3 years time. She happier she finally has friends and 2 people who know and accepts who she is, inside and outside. Through her friends, her mind went to the duo. Sana and Momo? Dahyun couldn't get them out of her mind recently in these past few days, everywhere she turned they were there. She knew it would be difficult if she ever needed to avoid them in the future, they were very daring.

Dahyun turned off the shower and got out, she changed into her usual baggy clothing and headed downstairs, she went to the kitchen to make herself cereal and ate it quickly. Once she was ready she opened the door only to find a surprise. Dahyun sighed again. These two were really everywhere she turned.

There were Sana and Momo, in their car, outside of Dahyun's house. Momo honked the car while Sana started flailing her arms everywhere.

"Dahyunie~!!"

Dahyun sighed again, locked the door and headed towards the car. She opened the door and sat at the backseat, surprised to see Mina in there too.

"Morning Dahyun,"

"Morning Mina unnie,"

"Why are the three of you here?" Dahyun asked while looking around, by then Momo had already started the car and drove off.

"We'll be picking you up to school, get used to it," Sana replied.

"Then Mina why are you..."

"This is the only car we have and the school is rather far by foot, so I had no choice," Mina answered. Dahyun nodded and looked out the window. Guess this will be her life now. She ain't complaining.
.
.
.
.

When they all got down the car and headed inside the school, they were surprised to see a large pack of students crowding closely towards the notice board.

"What's going on?" Sana asked first.

"Should we check on what's happening?" Momo suggested.

"Look, Jeongyeon's there, maybe she can tell us," Mina pointed out. All of them quickly ran towards Jeongyeon, surprising the latter.

"What's happening Jeongyeon?"

"Is there a fight?"

"Maybe a new student?"

"Is this a bad thing?"

"Woah, Woah, all of you calm down, there's nothing to worry about, it's fine," Jeongyeon chuckled, suddenly getting bombarded with questions was hard for her brain to process the answers. The four quickly calmed down and signalled Jeongyeon to explain.

"Alright, what's happening right now is that the Student Council had just put up a very special event in the school," Jeongyeon began.

"Special?" Momo frowned. Jeongyeon nodded in reply.

"You see, what's going to happen in a few months is an event called 'Battle of traits'. You've probably never heard it before as it only happens every four years. We're lucky that we got a chance to participate in this big event," Jeongyeon smiled brightly.

"What's this 'Battle of traits' about?" Dahyun asked.

"Just like it's said in the title, students will form in groups of 1-3 and brawl each other. The fight is totally random, so you could be fighting either a demon or Angel," Jeongyeon explained.

"But why every four years?" Sana asked perplexed.

"This would be the only event where Angels and Demons can fully fight each other or let out any rage towards each other. If this was every year than it would be a disaster wouldn't it?"

"I guess you're right," Sana chuckled softly.

"By the way, everyone is able to participate, you always not participate too but this is once in four years and it's a big opportunity so I'd wouldn't advise you let this one event slip, it's a great experience," Jeongyeon added.

"How do you know all these?" Mina asked.

"Well, being very good friends with the vice president of the Student Council has it's perks," Jeongyeon grinned widely.

"You're friends with Nayeon?!" Momo gasps.

"Yep,"

"I wanna be friends with her too!" Sana exclaimed.

"And take advantage of her position to get away with things? I think not,"

"Then how are you friends with her Jeongyeon?" Momo groaned.

"Known that bunny for a long time," Jeongyeon smirked.

"Now that that's said I-"

"KIM DAHYUN!!!!"

"Here we go again," Jeongyeon sighed. Dahyun sighed too, turning around to see the same weak boy from lunch before, he had his head low and hands on his knees for support trying to catch his breath from running.

"What do you want again?" Dahyun asked with annoyance in her voice.

"Battle of traits! I WILL fight you Kim Dahyun!!" He yelled.

"What did I even do to you to make you want to fight me so bad?" Dahyun crossed her arms and leaned back on 1 leg.

"You embarrassed me in front of the whole school!" He yelled.

"I didn't, you embarrassed yourself you weak boy, and stop yelling, I have normal hearing," Dahyun deadpanned.  The boy growled at Dahyun before speeding towards her, Dahyun simply lifted her hand and caught the flying fist.

"Seriously why does everyone go for the same place? The face always seemed to be an easy target for people like you huh?" Dahyun gave a smile before shoving the boy towards the ground. Just as soon as it happened, the bell rang.

"Perfect timing gotta get to class," Dahyun spoke before turning her heel and walking away followed by the others.

"That was cool dub, how can you be so calm about it?" Jeongyeon asked on the way to class.

"I'm just done with his . Once you stop caring it gets easier," Dahyun shrugged.

"Oh yea, did you study for the test today?" Mina asked Sana and Momo.

"There's a test?!?!"
.
.
.
.

Dahyun walked down the streets alone, the atmosphere was denser than she remembered, the air felt rather strange. It was quiet. Too quiet. Dahyun could tell something was very off, with every step, she felt more high alert, she felt insecure. She feels a presence, its aura is rather strong, her head whipped to the trees when her eye caught a shadow zipping past the trees. This isn't right, why was she alone? There was clearly someone there, Dahyun couldn't ignore it.

She heard it again, the rustling of leaves behind her, they were louder. Dahyun started to quicken her pace, her grip on her bag strap over her shoulders got tighter, she was starting to sweat, she could hear her heartbeat in her head, it was loud. It felt like it wanted to explode. The air got thinner, it got colder, the atmosphere was thicker, darker. The time was ticking, her time was ticking, she could hear it, it was counting down. 10...9...8..

What was this? What's happening? Dahyun could feel her body starting to feel heavy, her brain was starting to fog as her vision got hazy. 7...6...5...

'No, please, please stop!'

A child appeared in front of Dahyun, it wore a bright smile, but her eyes were darkened, it had tear stains down her cheeks yet she still gave Dahyun her brightest smile.

'Who are you?' Dahyun asked.

'Will you come back?'

'What?'

3...

'You know I feel scared!'

Her smile grew, her body darkened, a shadow appeared behind her, it didn't have a shape at first before it started to mimic the upper body of a human, not just any human, a scientist? 

'I was who you meant to be,'

2...

'No! Wait!'

The girl started to merge with the shadow, its smile never left her face as her wings and halo dissolved. The poor girl's body started to crumble into darkness, a pain shot through Dahyun's entire body, her muscles started aching, she heard her heartbeat was slowing down, she clenched her hoodie, the pain was unbearable, tears started to flow down her own cheeks. She watched as the shadow approached her slowly and towered over her easily.

'You were always the pathetic fool you were,'

1...

'Watch out!'

That was it for Dahyun. She snapped out of her trance and quickly turned around, with her arm, she just managed to block herself from the knife now currently right in her face. Dahyun groaned as she used all of her weakening strength to push the attacker back. The attacker bounced back and landed smoothly on the pavement, Dahyun couldn't see much of the attacker, it was wearing all black and had a mask on, through the figure, she could only tell it was a man. The attacker skillfully launched itself towards Dahyun in a straight manner and attacked her in all directions. Dahyun tried her best to dodge his attacks, she really was trying. But with the pain in her chest and the pounding of her head, it was difficult. 

Dahyun somehow was able to survive, she quickly erupted lighting through her palms towards the attacker, however, the attacker crossed its arms before it hit and was only pushed back. Dahyun was in shock, her electricity and lighting did not affect him in any sort of way. The next thing she knew, she saw the attack reach for something behind and launched at her again, the attacker pulled on Dahyun's arm and plunged the syringe inside Dahyun. Dahyun felt her head loosened, she felt everything getting slow. She sees everything turning. She felt really dizzy, her face went pale as her eyelids started to close as she fell hard on the floor.

"Dahyun! Dahyun!"

"Who-?"

"Dahyun! Wake up Dahyun!"

"What-?"

"Dahyun!"

"Ugh! Why is it so hard to wake you up?!"

Dahyun's eyes shot open and her head jotted up. She looked around, she was in class? She looked over and saw Chaeyoung shaking her.

"W-What?"

"Finally! You're awake now! Class is over dub, it's time for lunch, you slept the entire period!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

"O-Oh sorry," Dahyun apologised.

"You okay bro? You looked like you had a nightmare, you're sweating," Chaeyoung commented.

"Yea, I'm fine, let's go to lunch," Dahyun flashed a weak smile and quickly packed her bags.

"Man! Why was it so hard to wake you up? I know you're a heavy sleeper but geez!....." Dahyun couldn't hear much else of what Chaeyoung was rambling on about on the way to lunch. Her mind was blank. What just happened? What was that? It's a dream, right? Questions ran around Dahyun's mind and it was making her tired. Dahyun was a feeling it meant much more. What did he inject into her? Why did he attack her in the first place? Just. Why?

The two finally arrived at the cafeteria and sat at their usual spots at their usual table.

"Bro, what took so long?" Jeongyeon asked with a mouth full of food.

"This tofu here was hard to wake up," Chaeyoung replied eyeing Dahyun who only shrugged in reply.

"Why'd you sleep in class Dahyunie?" Sana asked leaning on her shoulder.

"Don't know, just happened,"

"Have you been sleeping well?" Momo joined in, leaning on Dahyun's shoulder as well.

"Try not to sleep in class man, exams are around the corner," Chaeyoung pointed out. Dahyun only nodded in response.

"Say, is there a trait that does something with dreams?" Dahyun asked Jeongyeon suddenly. Dahyun's question threw her a bit off guard but still managed to answer anyways.

"Well, there are, surprisingly both Angels and Demons can have those traits, one for good and bad dreams of course. But it's very rare for you to spot them, they don't go out wandering about, some of them help out with the Student Council, they help warn people who are in danger through dreams," Jeongyeon explained.

So was that it? Was Dahyun in danger? Were they trying to warn her? No, she can't quickly jump to conclusions, she must have proof of some sort.

"Why do you ask?" Jeongyeon questioned.

"Nothing just wondering,"

"You're being strange dub," Chaeyoung spoke.

"Like how I've always been?" Dahyun raised an eyebrow at Chaeyoung, challenging her.

"True, I guess," Chaeyoung shrugged. Weird.

Dahyun enjoyed the rest of the day with the gang, trying her best to have fun while shoving down that dream down the back of her brain. She can't tell them yet. Not until she has solid evidence.

----------------------
Author's note:

I literally forgot I needed to write another chapter lmao.
Anyways hope you guys enjoyed reading my story. Thanks for reading!

Also, comment on how you want Twice to be grouped! :)