Chapt 10.

Half Cursed Half Blessed

 

Dahyun was panicking, she has no idea what she has gotten herself into. If she didn't mingle with the group this wouldn't have happened. How was she going to be able to go to a sleepover? She's going to expose herself. Dahyun was having a mental breakdown in her mind, she really didn't know what to do next, she didn't have a plan. Dahyun was lost in her thoughts when she heard her phone vibrated.

Tzuyu: Unnie? Are you okay?

Dahyun smiled. She was glad someone knew her secret and accepts and trusts her for who she is.

Dahyun: I'm panicking Tzuyu, what do I do? They wouldn't stop plastering me.

Tzuyu: Are you planning to go?

Dahyun: I'll expose myself. I still don't know how they'll react.

Tzuyu: They'll accept you unnie, don't worry

Dahyun: I know they will, I just want to see so myself when I'm ready.

Tzuyu: Okay unnie, but what about the sleepover?

Dahyun: I really don't know, Chaeyoung, Momo and Sana won't stop begging me.

Tzuyu: Do you want to give them a chance?

Dahyun: I'll think about it...

Dahyun sighed and chucked her phone on her bed as she leaned on her chair, things are just not going well for her. How is she going to hide it? The potions don't even last that long, maximum a couple of hours. Dahyun is at rock bottom, she can't go but she has five people begging her to go. The entire group chat except for Tzuyu at this current moment were bombing the chat, begging her to go. Dahyun couldn't believe how desperate they sound, she couldn't believe she was so important to them. She smiled softly, even if she knew she shouldn't have mingled with them, she couldn't help but feel one of the best feelings she hadn't felt in years. It would be a lie if she didn't feel grateful. Dahyun felt a chill down her spine when she heard the familiar unexpected sound.

Her bell rang.

Dahyun instantly shot up her seat and raced towards her closet, quickly putting on presentable baggy clothes and a mask to cover up. She raced downstairs and cleaned up any mess insight, making sure to clear away any signs of a Demon being here. Dahyun sprinted towards the door, stopping in front of it and catch her breath. Dahyun was surprised at herself for clearing things so quickly. Dahyun cleared and arranged her clothes before reaching for the door handle, she took a deep breath before turning the handle and opening the door slowly.

Of course, she'd see them at her doorstep again.

There stood Sana and Momo, again. Smiling brightly at Dahyun. Dahyun wasn't surprised, they were the only ones who knew where her house was.

"Hi, Dahyunie~!" Sana squealed. Dahyun could only sigh.

"What are you two doing here?" Dahyun eyed them suspiciously.

"Oh nothing, can we come in?" Momo smiled rather brightly. Dahyun squinted her eyes, thinking for a few seconds. She was about to reject them when her eyes caught view of their begging puppy eyes. Dahyun sighed again for the nth time, shaking her head as well.

"Alright, fine. Come in," Dahyun moved aside reluctantly so the two had space to enter. The duo cheered happily and quickly went in.

'This is going to be long,' Dahyun thought to herself as she closed the door behind her. Dahyun crossed her arms towards the two who were sitting on her couch.

"Okay, what are you here for?" Dahyun asked.

"We wanted to ask directly," Sana replied happily.

"Ask what?" Dahyun frowned.

"In person, whether you can make it to the sleepover," Momo continued.

"This again," Dahyun groaned, "I already told you, I don't think I can make it,"

"Why though?" Sana raised a brow.

"I'm busy,"

"Busy with what?" Momo crossed her arms and leaned into the couch.

"None of your business," Dahyun replied dryly.

"Aw, come on! Don't be like this!" Sana whined.

"Sorry, but it's personal," Dahyun shrugged.

"We knew you'd say that," Momo smirked.

"Then why are you here in my house?"

"We figured you needed more fun in your life," Sana jumped up from the couch and headed towards the door.

"What are you doing?" Dahyun asked surprised.

"We thought we'll bring the fun to you!" Momo cheered. Sana smiled widely as she opened the door, revealing the rest of the gang with backpacks.

"Hi!" They all greeted.

Dahyun's jaw dropped to the floor, she was stunned, her entire mind and body were in shock, she was frozen. Her mind started to panic, her body started to malfunction, she couldn't form words as she simply watched them enter and explore her house. She wanted to shout them out to leave, her head was in pain, her ears are ringing loudly. Stop, they need to stop, she needs to stop, stop-

"Unnie?" Dahyun snapped out of her trance and looked up, meeting her eyes with the worried eyes of Tzuyu.

"Unnie, I'm sorry. I couldn't stop them, they were too determined," Tzuyu apologised softly. Dahyun only nodded slightly.

"Are you okay with this?" Tzuyu asked, barely audible.

"I-I'm fine, Tzuyu. Let's just get this over with," Dahyun didn't intend for her voice to come out shaky and stuttery, but what could she do. She now has to deal with a whole night with these crackheads who were already rummaging her fridge for food.

'This is going to be very, very long,' Dahyun thought as she sighed the deepest one she did today.
.
.
.
.

Overall, the sleepover went surprisingly smoothly, Dahyun was more than thankful for Tzuyu constantly looking out for her. She was also glad that the group respected her in her clothing even if it's in her house, they weren't pushy which Dahyun really appreciated.

Then, nightfall came. Dahyun swore she was the only one awake, she couldn't sleep a wink. Dahyun sat up from her bed and looked around. Before they decided it was time for bed, everyone agreed that Dahyun would sleep in her bed while the others will sleep on the floor as they brought their own sleeping bags. Everyone was scattered around her room, all quietly snoring and sleeping peacefully. Dahyun felt stuffy and decided she needed some fresh air, as quietly as she could, she got out of bed, careful to not wake the other and went towards her balcony, closing the door behind her. She breathed in deeply, smelling the fresh air and feeling the cool, cold breeze. It's been a while since she admired the moonlight and the stars, it reminded her of the good old days.

-Flashback-

"Mommy? How long would you be gone for?" A 4-year-old Dahyun looked up sadly at her mother, sad that her parents will be leaving for their trip soon.

"It'll only be a short while my baby, it won't take long," Her mother replied gently, smiling as bright as the moonlight above.

"But I don't want you to go! Please don't go!" Dahyun cried, begging her mother. Tears quickly formed in her eyes as her lips shivered.

"Shh, no need to cry my daughter, look up," Her mother instructed ever so gently. Dahyun stopped her cries and looked up, her eyes widened at the sight, the stars were shining so brightly, all coming together to fill the empty night, with the moonlight standing high, reflecting all the light from the sun down to her and her mother. It was breathtaking, the once dark blue sky now filled with light and hope, with mixes of bright green. Everything in the night was bright, but it never blinded one's eye.

"See all the stars Hyun?" Her mother asked, Dahyun nodded, her eyes still staring and slightly ajar.

"The stars hold many secrets, anytime you need someone to talk to, talk to them, they'll keep your secrets. If anything were to happen, I'll be one with the stars, the same goes for your father. You tell your story and the stars will listen, remember that my dubu," Her mother explained, Dahyun's smile grew wide, her eyes sparkled.

"Okay, mommy!"

-End flashback-

Dahyun looked up at the sky, sure enough, the stars still shined as brightly as before, the same patterns, the same colours, even the moon was just as bright. Dahyun remembered her mother's words and smiled fondly.

"H-hey Mom, hey Dad. I miss you," Dahyun's voice cracked a bit, remembering her parents. She sighed sadly, unknowingly her tears started to form in her eyes.

"What have I done to deserve this? Why am I turned into this? Why did the universe make me lose both of you? I miss you so much, it hurts knowing I can never see you again. But I've told myself I'll move on, and so I hopefully did. I made some new friends, they are an amazing group of people. They're a really bright bunch, just as bright as you two are now. I survived Mom and Dad, I've survived this far on my own, I hope you're both proud of me," Dahyun started to sniff, tears were heavily streaming down her face, her fists clenched tight as they turned white.

"I don't like this new me, I never wanted this. How can people accept me when I can't accept myself? I never asked for this. That mad scientist, he ruined my life. But what can I do? I have to live with this. I can't kill myself, you'll be very disappointed with me. I'm still standing strong. Guess this is how my life will be then," Dahyun slouched her back, her fists finally letting lose as her tears softened. No matter how harsh reality is, she has to accept herself. Who she is now and will be forever.

Dahyun nearly jumped for her life when she heard the balcony door opened, she whipped around only to see an angelic face, smiling softly.

"Oh, Mina, it's just you," Dahyun sighed in relief. Mina hummed as she joined Dahyun at the balcony railings.

"What are you doing up? Thought I was the only one awake," Dahyun asked.

"Just woke up and saw you here, so I went over," Mina replied, her voice horse and sleepy. Dahyun nodded.

"Maybe you should go back to sleep," Dahyun suggested.

"Not until you tell me why you're here," Mina huffed.

"Couldn't sleep, so came here for a breather," Dahyun replied simply. Mina nodded in understanding, and soon, silence washed over them, Dahyun was thankful it didn't felt awkward. Though, there was something nudging Dahyun, telling her to speak and ask. Dahyun tried to shove it down to the back of her head but it quickly went back and slipped out of .

"Say, Mina," Mina hummed in response, Dahyun didn't want to continue talking, but she had already said something so she just let talk, for now, she's going down deep already. "Do you judge people for who they are, even if the community doesn't accept them?"

Mina thought for a minute, before shrugging.

"Generally, I wouldn't judge them. They are who they are and if they are happy living their own lives, not caring about what other people say, then I have no right to judge, as long as they're truly happy. Why'd you ask?" Mina responded.

"No reason, just wondering," Dahyun smiled.

"Now you've got me curious Kim, no one just randomly asks these kinds of questions without a reason behind it," Mina turned towards Dahyun with her arms crossed.

"I said what I said, there's no reason behind it," Dahyun replied. Mina hummed and leaned back on the railing.

"What's it like?" Mina suddenly asked.

"What?"

"What's it's like? You know, being a half angel half demon," Mina smiled innocently.

Dahyun jumped back quickly, jaw dropped again and staring at the girl who was smiling like she said nothing wrong.

"Y-You knew?!" Dahyun crocked out, unable to believe Mina already knew. "Who told you?!"

Mina shrugged, "No one did,"

"Then how..."

"I put the pieces together," Dahyun stood up straight, regaining her posture.

"What pieces?" Dahyun questioned.

"Well, your lightning trait and your reflexes were already a big hint for me, second your red-eye. I didn't have the slightest clue what you were before until Jeongyeon showed me the potion bottle what just so happened to be empty and in the same place where you were before. Don't think I didn't notice or hear the small groans you gave out from the potion, and finally, the potion bottle was a demon one. I couldn't believe it at first, since you had Angel wings and all, with all this information together with the old photo of you Chaeyoung showed. I figured it out. Have to say Kim Dahyun, you were a confusing one to figure out." Mina explained.

Dahyun could only stand there in complete shock, Mina had just singlehandedly figured out who she was without even saying anything.

"And if you were thinking, no, I don't think the others have figured out yet," Mina reassured. Dahyun finally came back to reality, nodded and moving back to her original spot.

"And you're okay with this? With me?" Dahyun asked quietly.

"Yea, it's kinda cool too," Mina chuckled.

"So that's two people who knows it," Dahyun smiled softly.

"Two?"

"You and Tzuyu,"

"Can I see? You're you know?" Mina asked. Dahyun looked at Mina in the eyes, she could see the excitement in them, she wasn't going to lie when she didn't expect these kinds of reactions, she thought she would turn away from her and never talk to her again, or maybe throw in a punch. But no, just as Tzuyu said, Mina didn't judge her at all.

"I guess," Dahyun shrugged as she slowly removed her cap, she heard a gasp from Mina, she could tell it wasn't a terrified gasp as a small "wow" followed suit. Dahyun then removed her mask, revealing her fangs, Mina still didn't seem afraid, Dahyun smiled at that.

"Oh, you look cute when you smile with your fangs out," Mina commented.

"Really?"

"Yup," Dahyun smiled wider as she reached her hand in and took out her tail. Now, Dahyun had fully revealed her true self to Mina who seemed to be too overly excited. For some reason.

"You shouldn't hide who you are Dahyun, you look amazing," Mina's voice was gentle and soft and her smile looked proud.

"But they wouldn't like who I am, I'm half Demon Mina," Dahyun looked down at the floor as sadness started to overwhelm her body.

"But you still have the personality of an Angel, you're not like those Demons, you just have their feature and power but you are still an Angel at heart,"

Mina's words hit Dahyun like a truck, she was right, no matter how much she hated her Demon side, she was still an Angel underneath. Dahyun finally realized she doesn't have to hate herself any longer, though she still has to hide them, she doesn't feel the burden any longer. Dahyun looked up towards the sky, finding the stars were shining brighter upon her. They were smiling.

"The stars are happy tonight," Mina commented.

"And so they are,"

______________________
Author's note:

Hi! Sorry for not updating for so long, I've been really busy and it caused me to have a writer's block. Hopefully, this block is over now. I know this chapter isn't exciting, I'm sorry about that. Thanks for reading anyway!