Chapt 09.

Half Cursed Half Blessed

 

 

 

Dahyun walked down the halls for lunch after her visit from the library, she was satisfied as she was catching up with school, she was able to understand lessons and self-study. Soon, it came to a sudden realization that Dahyun has to get a job soon, she had to have at least some sort of income if she wants to continue paying her bills and taxes herself. Maybe she could ask Jeongyeon for any job openings. Entering the cafeteria, Dahyun smiled softly as she sees her gang waving to her at their usual table. Dahyun placed her bag down and plopped onto her seat, taking out her packed lunch while greeting back everyone. Sana and Momo were smiling brightly, leaning their heads on Dahyun's shoulder.

"Seems like you guys made up," Mina commented cheerfully. Dahyun nodded while the other two smiled brighter.

"We need details people," Chaeyoung smirked, earning a sigh from Dahyun.

"Well, we-"

"KIM DAHYUN!!!" Dahyun was interrupted by a loud yell calling her name from the entrance of the cafeteria building.

"What does that Demon boy want again?!" Jeongyeon groaned. The said Demon boy started walking towards them, a pissed expression plastered on his face.

"What do you want weak boy?" Dahyun asked deadpanned.

"Kim Dahyun! I challenge you to a brawl! I will show the whole school who rules this place and prove who is the most powerful in-"

"No. Go away," Dahyun interrupted coldly, eating her food unbothered. The others were trying their best to hold in their laughter, snickers could be heard around the building, stares looking at the boy who stood frozen after his dramatic, thought out speech was so simply interrupted and dismissed. His face flushed red in both anger and embarrassment, but he did not want to leave empty.

"Fight me,"

"No,"

"Fight me!"

"No,"

"Fight me Kim Dahyun!"

"No,"

"Kim Dahyun! ing fight me!"

"Ah! I almost forgot, hey Jeongyeon, I need to find a job, anyway I could get one?" Dahyun asked Jeongyeon, ignoring the annoying boy, he once again stood frozen, defeated so easily.

"A job? I'm not working at the moment but I know someone who can help with what you need," Jeongyeon replied, ignoring the boy as well. The rest followed, pretending he wasn't even there.

"Hello? I'm still here you know! Am I invisible or something?!" He cried out, trying to catch their attention back.

"Oh? Can you tell me who they are?" Dahyun continued.

"I think you know her already, Im Nayeon, she should have given you a tour already, as she does with any other freshman on their first day, you can find her in her office, it's right down this hallway," Jeongyeon turned her body and help Dahyun gesture down the left hallway.

"Thank you Jeongyeon," Dahyun smiled.

"Why do you need to find a job Dahyunie?" Sana asked.

"I have to get income somehow, I might be broke later in life if I don't start soon," Dahyun replied, Sana nodded in response. The Demon boy sighed deeply, knowing he won't be getting anything out of this anymore, he turned his heels and walked out, ignoring the small laughs being thrown at him.

"Finally he's gone," Tzuyu sighed in relief.

"What's with him anyway?" Dahyun asked out of curiosity.

"That head got caught by the police, was trying to steal a car. Since his dad is part of the council, he got away with it like most things. Landing him in just a two-week suspension," Jeongyeon explained.

"Lucky bastard," Momo scoffed, "He was about to fight me his one time but we got caught, I got detention while he got away scot-free!" Dahyun chuckled lightly, seeing Momo complaining cutely, reaching up her hand to hold her chin and lightly pinched her cheeks. This sudden action caused Momo to freeze in shock, a blush rushing to her cheeks as her heartbeat raced. Dahyun checked her watch, she quickly finished up her food and stood up with her bag.

"You're leaving already? We still have around twenty more minutes left," Sana whined.

"Yes, I'm aware, but I need to head to the library, I need to catch up on my studies," Dahyun explained. The rest nodded in acknowledgement, biding her goodbye as she walked towards the right exit.
.
.
.
.

It was finally the end of school, Dahyun clenched her backpack strap that was hanging over her shoulder tightly, taking a deep breath. Finding herself in front of the said office Jeongyeon had gestured to earlier at lunch. Dahyun hesitantly lifted her hand to knock on the door three times. A faint "Come in," could be heard a while later, Dahyun turned the doorknob and opened the door slowly, revealing a white office. It felt rather cosy with neat interior design, a few potted plants and paintings, including a painting of Nayeon herself on the wall. A large wooden desk that does well with the room stood in the centre, it had stacks of papers on it but were still organized. The girl behind the desk looked up from her laptop.

"Oh, Kim Dahyun, how have you been? I heard about the incident at lunch the other day," Nayeon smiled fondly, taking off her reading glasses and focusing her attention to Dahyun.

"I've been good, he was easy to deal with," Dahyun shrugged.

"I can tell, you're very strong, being able to stop the big brawl and all," Nayeon chuckled while Dahyun only smiled, feeling rather shy. Nayeon quickly cleared and spoke again.

"However, I know that's not the reason why you're here, tell me, why have you come to see me?" Nayeon asked nicely.

"Jeongyeon told me you can help me find a job," Dahyun answered shyly. 

"Of course that ostrich would say that. But why do you want a job? Aren't you still a bit young to work?" Nayeon frowned.

"I need to support myself and get income, I need to pay my bills," Dahyun answered.

"But don't your parents do that for you?" Nayeon asked confusedly.

"I no longer have them," Dahyun answered back rather coldly. Nayeon was caught off guard, quickly covering in shock.

"Oh goodness! I'm so sorry! I forgot I-"

"No, no. It's fine," Dahyun interrupted with a small smile, reassuring her. Nayeon quickly calmed down and cleared once again.

"Well, about job openings, you're inexperienced in this field correct?" Dahyun nodded in reply.

"I'm sorry but I have to give you an easy job that pays rather normally. You're young with no experience, I have no choice, I hope you're fine with it," Nayeon sighed.

"It's still a job so it's fine," Dahyun shrugged.

"You'll be working as a cashier in a convenience store at a nearby gas station. I'll call the manager and inform her about you, she'll call you went she's free and you'll go on from there," Nayeon explained, "If that is all, you may leave anytime you want,"

Dahyun bowed and thanked Nayeon, turning around and quickly leaving the office, not wanting to bother the older any longer. Nayeon checked the security cameras, she watched and waited until Dahyun left the school building before moving towards her mic on her desk. She turned it on and made an announcement.

"This is Im Nayeon, can Hirai Momo and Minatozaki Sana from grade 3 please proceed to my office immediately," Nayeon announced, a few minutes later, Momo and Sana came through the door nervously.

"Hi girls, no need to be nervous, you're not in trouble," Nayeon reassured. The two tensed girls loosened up and relaxed while still maintaining a polite posture.

"I'm glad you two were able to make it here last minute, I was certain you two had already left the school campus," Nayeon smiled.

"We had a small project to take care off," Sana giggled.

"I see, well, this is in regards to Kim Dahyun," Nayeon intertwined her hands together and spoke in a serious tone, " I'm sure you two are well acquainted with her?" The duo blushed and nodded shyly.

"She came to me looking for a job, now due to being so young and having no job experience, I gave her a simple and easy job. Unfortunately, knowing her behaviour, she'll most likely overwork herself. That would seriously damage both her physical and mental health. So I've called you both here is to help monitor and ensure that she doesn't burn out from overworking, can the two of you do that?" Nayeon raised her eyebrows at the two. The duo didn't hesitate and agreed instantly, knowing they get to take care of their crush.

The two exited happily, walking out of the school gate. It was then Sana had an idea.

"Momo! Let's host a sleepover at our house! It's the weekend soon!" Sana squealed.

"You just want to sleep with Dahyun," Momo snorted.

"So you do," Sana scoffed.

"Yes I do, let's do it!" Momo fisted the air. "I'll text the group," 

"And I'll text Mina," Sana fished out her phone first and texted Mina, a while later, Sana squealed again, Momo knew by her reaction Mina had approved. Momo excitedly fished out her phone from her pocket and opened the group chat.

--

The Gang Chat

Momoring: Hey guys! Sana and I are planning to have a sleepover at our house, are you guys in?

BabyCub: Mina approved?

Mitang: Yes I approved.

Jeongie: Sweet! I'm in!

BabyCub: And Tzuyu's in!

Tzuyoda: I didn't even say anything

BabyCub: You don't need too

Sanake: This is going to be sick!

Momoring: What about you dubu?

Dubu: I'm sorry I don't think I can

BabyCub: What? Why not?

Sanake: Dubu please come!!

Dubu: I can't I'm sorry

Jeongie: Why though?

Dubu: I'm busy

Momoring: Your job doesn't start until the manager confirms it which it hasn't right?

Dubu: No... but I'm still busy!

Mitang: Busy with what?

Tzuyoda: Dahyun pm

--

Momo frowned, private message? Why would Tzuyu private message Dahyun? They're hiding something, Momo concluded.

"What are we gonna do Momo? Dahyun isn't coming!" Sana whined.

"Don't worry Sana, we can always force her to come," Momo smirked.

"But she'll hate us!" Sana groaned.

"She won't if we make ourselves irresistible," Momo and Sana smirked at each other, same minds think alike.

 

___________
Authors note:

I have to end it here, sorry for missing the deadlines I'm just too busy with school and work. From this chapter onwards I'll only update when I have the time.