Chapt 11.

Half Cursed Half Blessed

 

 

"Can you move your ?? You're taking up all the space!"

"Me?! You have plenty of space! How about you just move a muscle! Can't be that hard right?!"

"Even so, you're still taking up everywhere else! I don't remember you being this fat, maybe you should eat less! Sooner or later you'll be a fat blob!"

"Can you just shut up?! If I eat too much I would already be fat! But guess what! I have abs! That's enough proof so move!"

"No! You move! You're still occupying this whole place whether you have abs or not!"

"Why you little-!"

Dahyun sighed and rubbed her nose bridge, the two were starting to become a nuisance. They really think Dahyun couldn't hear or see them, she could tell it was them even from a mile away. However, she still wonders how they knew she was here, she didn't tell anyone about her new job, just asked where she could get one. She was thankful for the shop owner, Miss bae Joohyun or Miss Irene from she wants to be called, The owner was nice enough to get her the job with reasonable pay and letting her choose her own timing. She wasn't hard on Dahyun, which she really appreciated since she was so new. What didn't sit right with her were the two idiots behind her, with a thin glass as a barrier, if it weren't there Dahyun would have already shooed them away, or punch them if she was that irritated. Sana and Momo really are something.

Dahyun sighed again, hearing the loud duo's voices through the thin glass as she scans the items for the customer, she rang them up and packed their items, when they left, she looked around. No one was here, perfect. 

"Look, there are no customers any more,"

"Thank you captain obvious,"

"Can you just-"

Dahyun's anger kept growing until she finally had enough, she quickly turned and lunged forward suddenly at the thin glass. The duo had the shock of a lifetime, jumping up from their spots and tumbling back.

"Can you two just be quiet?? I'm trying to work here! How the hell did you two even know I was here?? Are you stalking me??" Dahyun rambled on at the two frozen figures on the concrete floor a few metres away.

"Who told you?! I don't recall ever telling you about this! Who-"

Ring Ring~

"Hi, welcome!"

If the duo weren't frozen enough, that froze them to the core. They had just witness Dahyun's instant duality, from angry tofu to a polite one in mere seconds.

"H-How did she do that?" Sana stuttered.

"I don't know either..." Momo replied.

"She was so angry a while ago, now she's all polite and smiling," Sana commented.

"Could she really hear us?"

"I guess so,"

"Whatever, we need to do our job," Momo stood up and went back towards the glass and looked at Dahyun, Sana soon followed suit. The two stared at Dahyun, she had her wings and everything else tucked in, so she would look like a human with baggy clothing, scanning the items hastily and neatly packing them into bags, the customer seemed happy talking to Dahyun, engaging in a nice conversation with Dahyun. 

"That smile," Momo started.

"Hm?"

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yea, it really is,"

"Even if we can't see it behind that mask, her beauty still shines," Momo's lips turned up into a small curve, Sana saw the sparkle in her eyes, the same sparkle she has with Dahyun.

"Her smile would reach up until her eyes, making her look all cute. Don't you think so?" Momo asked, turning towards Sana.

"Of course, it's one, if not, the best smiles I've seen. Could say the same for you two as well right?" Sana replied.

"Yep." Silence then took over, the two were still staring that Dahyun, how she took out change for the customer, giving it to them with a smile and soon waving goodbye.

"Say," Momo spoke up again, tearing her eyes off Dahyun and leaned back, away from the glass.

"If we can't decide, we'll share Dahyun, is that alright?" Momo asked with a smile, Sana thought for a moment, all in all, it didn't seem that bad of an idea, worse come for worse it would come for a last resort.

"Sure," Sana followed the smile Momo had. The two then shook hands.

Thud

The duo quickly whipped their heads towards the glass, anger immediately dawning on them and filling their entire body. There stood a douchebag looking guy, wearing a very unpleasant smug look, leaning over the counter and eyeing Dahyun. The duo immediately pressed themselves against the glass but ducking lower to not be seen. They watched and listened to the exchange with white clenched fits.

"Wow, didn't know my luck today would be so good, fancy seeing such a pretty girl here,"

"Is there anything you need?" Dahyun kept calm, however, it didn't go unnoticed to the duo how she took a small step back.

"Yea, there's something that I need. I need you, in my house, on my bed, with my inside you," His smug grew disgustingly wider, "What do you say? It'll be the best thing you'll ever experience,"

"Sorry sir, but that wouldn't happen, ever. This is a convenience store, if you have nothing to buy here or use the bathroom, you have no business to be in here," Dahyun voiced out, she sounded confident, but Momo and Sana could hear a faint tint of fear in the way her voice faded out a little. 

"This bastard! Let me at him! I'll show him the worst experience in his life!" Momo got up but was quickly pulled back down.

"Momo shush, we can't interfere, Dahyun gonna learn how to deal with this herself, if it gets worse we'll step in," Sana reassured.

"What?! What do you mean let Dahyun learn herself?!" Momo fought back.

"Dahyun hadn't had many chances of public interaction, at this part of the city, this was considered normal, we can tell she'll be working here for quite a while, she has to get used to this if she was really determined about her job. Don't jump in too fast Momo, you have to consider some things first," Sana explained. Momo stopped and sat back down.

"Since when did you become like this?"

"Like what?"

"This. You're calmer than before and you actually think a lot these past few days, usually you would be the first one to charge in,"

Sana smiled fondly, she hadn't realised her small change, she was becoming different, hopefully, it was a positive thing, as she knew what made her change.

"I didn't know it at first, but Dahyun was what changed me. Dahyun thinks about a lot of things, she's very calm, even now. She doesn't quickly launch into the problem, she approached it slowly and work around it. It showed me how quickly jumping into things could cause more trouble than actually fixing the problem, get it?" Sana chuckled lightly.

"Yea, I get it. Dahyun made a huge impact on our lives, didn't she?"

"She really did,"

"But what about that jerk?"

"Just watch Momo, she's Dahyun. She's smart,"

"Guess so,"

The duo looked at Dahyun, she was still standing still and strong, she looked unfazed and unbothered by the disgusting man.

"Look, sir. This is no place for you to be acting this way, if you want luck with girls who are s and willing, go to a strip club. I'm not about to act like a for your desires," Dahyun said sternly. His smug face dropped instantly, with an angry look quickly appearing as a replacement.

"You're a little aren't you? Look, don't make this harder than it already is,"

"Than go find something easier than, pretty sure those s at the strip club would make it super easy for you," Dahyun fought back.

"You little ! You're a terrible worker! Horrible service!"

"And you're a terrible person. And please, all I do is scan your items, ring you up and place your items in your bag, there's not much service in that. Again, this is a convenience store, not some high class five star restaurants. Maybe you should get your eyes checked, or do they only work when you see a girl?" It was now Dahyun's turn to wear a smug look, with her hands in her pockets. The duo wouldn't lie when they say they were slightly by the sight. The guy clenched this fits tightly, his arms shaking from the force and his knuckles turning white. He was furious.

"How dare you talk back to me this way!"

"Last time I checked, you aren't my mom so I can talk back to a thirsty stranger the way they deserved to be talked to," Dahyun smirked widely.

"I'll make you pay!" The guy swung a fist towards Dahyun but was quick to fail when Dahyun caught it.

"Hm, your form is rather sloppy, you wouldn't win in a fight like this," Dahyun chuckled and pushed him away by the caught fist.

"You don't know anything about form!"

"I didn't have to, your form was just too obvious, it looked like you weren't even trying, your back was too bend forward, your legs were not in a proper position to support your body," Dahyun sighed, "Look, I'll make it easy for you, just leave and waste your time somewhere else," 

"Tch," The guy stood up straight and headed towards the door, just when Dahyun though she could finally breathe, she put her hand up and caught the same fist flying towards her. The guy was shocked, he really thought he would land a hit.

"Look at how stubborn you are, I didn't want to come to this, but you leave me no choice, you're too much of a nuisance," Dahyun shook her head in disappointment, she planned on not using them at all when doing her job, but this bastard really wouldn't leave her in peace.

"W-What are you gonna...?" He stuttered, Dahyun faked a bright smile.

"You're gonna learn you're lesson," With that said, lighting erupted from her hand, the electricity quickly transferring to the man and spreading out to the entire body. The guy screamed in pain from the electrocution, the guy was squirming around, trying to escape. But Dahyun had a strong grip on his fist, either Dahyun was strong or he was too weak. Dahyun stopped after around three seconds and released her grip, letting the man fall to the ground, he laid on the ground, motionless. Dahyun knew he was acting, a mere three seconds of electrocution would not kill an average human, Dahyun would say it was rather weak as she didn't put in any energy, so the amount of weak voltage would not kill him. Before the guy could get up, she quickly slipped something into her palm.

The guy groaned in pain as he stood up, leaning on the counter as a support, his face was in pure shock and he was breathing heavily.

"H-How, how did you electrocute me?! That's impossible! No human could do that unless you're not human! You're a demon!" He cried out. A strong pain pierced through Dahyun's heart, Dahyun quickly dismissed the pain and simply laugh, laugh at his remark and laughing off the pain.

"Don't be stupid, Demons don't truly exist, I simply have a shock device I slipped onto my palm before your second failed attempt to punch me," Dahyun opened up her palm and there was a band wrapping around her hand with a device attached to the centre.

"B-But I didn't see that on your hand before! It was too strong to come from a small device!"

"You're just too weak. I've had enough with you, if you don't leave now I'll call the police!" Dahyun threatened as she held the store's phone in her hand. The guy lowered his head and finally stepped out of the store. Dahyun heaved a sigh of relief as she sat down on a small chair around her workspace, that guy was so bothersome to Dahyun it drained out all her energy.

Ring Ring~

"Dahyunie~!"

Dahyun looked up to see Sana and Momo walking into the store and towards the counter, in all honesty, Dahyun was glad seeing them after dealing with that jerk, it occupied her so much she forgot about them.

"Hi guys," Dahyun smiled weakly.

"Worn out?" Momo asked. Dahyun nodded in response.

"Tell you what, let's go eat something after you're done with work, how about it?" Momo offered.

"Sure, I'd like that," 

"Consider it as a reward for your hard first day of work today, that bastard was really something," Sana giggled.

"Yea, he really was," Dahyun replied.

"That was very smart of you Dahyun, using that device of yours, where'd you get it?" Momo questioned.

"Thanks and I got it in a hardware store," Dahyun answered.

"Well, we'll be heading out now, seems like you got everything covered already and you don't need us watching over you, we'll come back when you end your shift, bye now," Momo winked and headed out.

"Yah! Momo wait for me! Bye Dahyunie!" Sana yelled, rushing out.

"Yah! Why were you two watching me anyways?! How did you two even know I was here?! Yah! Come back here and answer my questions!!"

 

-------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Hi guys, this originally wasn't supposed to be that long, but hopefully, it was still a good chapter to you guys.

Thanks for reading! Comment your thoughts!"