Chapter 11

The Dual Life of Hirai Momo (temporary title)

The next week had been very hectic for Momo: four times a week shows, a dress to design for midterms and she needs to sew the costume for Mina’s recital. She had to stay late at night, even after show, to finish her project, making Momo feel very tired and sleepy.

Tired as she was, she unexpectedly found herself being helped by people around her. One night, Tzuyu made hot chocolate for her when the younger had seen there’s light on her room and heard the sewing machine’s whir. She also fell asleep while waiting for their sociology class to start and Mina had to nudge her with a cup of hot coffee from the vending machine. Perked up, she gave Mina a grateful smile. Sana also accompanied her one day they bumped to each other in Myeongdong on buying the fabric she needed for her project and the girls shuttled her from one place to another.

On the other hand, Nayeon’s been a constant attendee to her shows, and Jeongyeon had come with her during the show and she watched as the jock flirted with her model friends. She can’t help but feel annoyed to see Hitomi even sat on Jeonyeon’s lap one time, to which she had stopped herself before she almost pulled her friend’s hair.

The thought surprised her. She didn’t know where it came from since they’ve been just merely nodding acquaintances. Feeling more tired than usual, she asked Nayeon to be excused earlier and she had to go home first. Nayeon worriedly felt Momo’s forehead and Momo assured her she’s just okay, just a bit tired. Nayeon volunteered to take her home, but of course she cannot let her do that.  Momo quickly changed outfit, hailed a taxi outside the hotel, and asked the taxi to take her somewhere before going home.

As soon as she arrived at the scenic overlook where she went with Yoo, she burst into tears. She felt so tired, and like a floodgate that burst, her tears turned to uncontrollable sobs. The wind picked up and she shivered, but she welcomed how the cold wind caressed her tear-stained face, making her feel a little bit better. It was a stressful week, physically and emotionally, and she was glad she remembered going to this place when she saw Yoo earlier at their show. Her hiccups stopped after a few minutes and she stared at the dark mountain below her. She cupped her hands around her lips and shouted at the top of her lungs.

“Momo!”

“You will be alright!”

“You can do it!”

“Don’t give up!”

“Hwaiting!”

“Better days are coming!”

“Just stay strong!

After the wind carried her words, Momo felt better, albeit a little. There’s a kind of peace that settled in Momo’s heart, lifting some of the load inside her heart. She smiled a little and wiped her tears. Tonight, if only for tonight, she just wanted to be alone.

“Didn’t expect to see you here, Hirai.”

Momo whipped her hair to the voice behind her and she saw Yoo leaning on the bumper of her pickup truck, arms crossed in front of her but her eyes sporting concern upon seeing Momo’s red-rimmed eyes.

Momo, in-turn, wiped her face with her sleeves and mumbled a soft apology for trespassing on Yoo’s special place. Yoo laughed and asked her to sit beside her on the bumper.

“I brought you here, right? So you can come here anytime that you feel you needed a breather.”

Momo sat beside Yoo and tucked her knees under her chin. Now that her emotions settled down, she could feel herself shivering through her thin sweater. Jeongyeon, seeing this, went down and got her blanket at the back seat. She draped the blanket at Momo, to which Momo murmured a soft thank you.

“Why are you here, Yoo?”

“I just felt on coming here. I didn’t know you’d be here.”

Momo looked at Jeongyeon and smirked. “I thought you were stalking me.”

“Me?! Stalking you?! In your dreams Hirai.”

Momo laughed. “Just kidding. You looked so serious.”

“It was not me who was crying her hearts out earlier.”

Momo’s cheeks reddened. So she heard her?

“That’s okay. When you are tired, rest. When you cannot do it anymore cry.”

Momo nodded. They both just look at the view in front of them, and only their breathes can be hear between them.  Momo heard Yoo’s shallow breathing. The girl must be cold, she thought.

Momo scooted nearer to the jock and extended the blanket behind Jeong so they could share the blanket. Closer, she could feel the heat from other’s girls body. Jeongyeon looked down at the other girl and she could that the blanket was shorter on the girl’s side and it doesn’t cover her much so she pulled Momo nearer until Momo’s head was leaning on her shoulder.

“Warm?”

Jeongyeon must not have any idea, but Momo’s insides are ready to combust with how close they are right now. A blush seems to be permanent on her cheeks and her heart was thumping at 1000 kilometeres per hour. Momo nodded.

“Hmm, the blanket is too short for both of us. Wait.”

Momo thought she was going down and will leave her alone with no blanket, when Jeongyeon went behind her and pulled to lean on her, between her legs, Momo’s back on the girls chest and her head cradle on the jocks shoulders. Jeong draped the blanket from her back to Momo in front of her so the blanket covers both of them.

“Uhm, Yoo…What are you doing?”

“Keeping you warm.”

“O-kay…”

“Are you warm enough?”

I am going to combust, Momo panicky thought.

“Uhm, yeah, thank you.”

Momo could feel Jeongyeon’s smile on her hair and Momo should be feeling creeped out by their position and how Jeongyeon was sniffing her hair, but truthfully she was liking it more and more. She cannot understand it, but it feels...

Natural

And sinfully good...

And this is the person she hates...but that is the last thing she is feeling right now.

Their thoughts were interrupted by Yoo’s phone ringing and she saw that it was Hitomi calling Jeongyeon, but the jock cancelled it.

“Oh, why didn’t you take your girlfriend’s call? I can get down so you can take it.”

She was about to get off when Jeong pulled her by the waist and pulled her closer to her so she was backhugging Momo.

“She’s not my girlfriend?”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Why not? Based on the picture, she’s really beautiful.”

“She is. But hardly my type.”

“What is your type?”

“Curious Hirai?”

Well, I am here in front of you, in a position I never thought I would be ever in my life, so maybe I have the right to ask your type, Momo said to herself. Jeongyeon laughed on the expression on Momo's face.

"My type? Simple, homebody, pretty, loves to cook and just loves me."

"Ah, a housewife." Jeongyeon chuckled. "Well, I don't like those glamorous pretty women who always just want to party."

"Hmmm, like Nayeon? "

"Well, can be."

"So why are you not together?"

"Because we are sisters? She made that clear years ago and I respected that."

"I see."

"Do you want to apply to become my girlfriend, Hirai?"

Momo turned to face Jeongyeon. A mistake, since the jock's face is very near hers, their noses will almost touch. She looked at the chocolate brown eyes of the jock. Yoo smiled and bit her bottom lip while looking at Momo's.

"What, no--"

"Why not?"

"Because I am not pretty!"

"Well, your nose is perfect, you got nice teeth, the glasses are hideous, but I think you're okay."

Momo tried to look indignant and Jeongyeon laughed. She pulled Momo's head towards hers so their foreheads are touching.

"Momo..."

"Hmmm?"

"Open your eyes."

Momo opened her eyes and looked again at Jeongyeon's eyes and it exudes warmth. Jeongyeon traced Momo's cheeks with her thumb, grazing her moles. She looked again on the nerd's lips and how she wondered how would those lips tastes?

"Momo?"

"Hmmm?" Jeongyeon was looking at her eyes and her head was moving closer, dangerously close. Her eyes were kind of asking permission from her, and Momo doesn't have any strength to say no. She nodded and Jeong's lips caught hers.

Her first kiss. Warm. Sweet. Demanding.

Momo put her hands on Jeongyeon's shoulders, and later on, at the back of the jock's head to pull her closer. Momo was soft, and at first, very shy, but Jeongyeon took her time, until Momo opened to let her in. And then she moaned.

Jeongyeon slowly pulled away and Momo's face was very red. She kissed the tip of Momo's nose and held her close.

"So, are you going to be my girlfriend?"

"Are you pranking me again, Yoo, because I swear if this is just another prank---"

"Do I look like I'm playing a joke now?"

"I don't know when to take you seriously! I mean, I am way, way far from the girls you dated. What could be your possible reason to even ask me to be your girlfriend and even kissed me?!"

"Well, I don't know too. Maybe I am intrigued? How come a girl like you do not like me? And everybody likes me."

"So it's like a challenge? Just because I can't feed your ego?" 

Yoo sighed, but didn't let Momo out of her arms. "At first, it was like that. But when you didn't talk to me, when I didn't see you... I feel that I missed you. And I can't explain WHY."

Momo sighed. "I don't know what to say, I cannot wrap my head on the idea that you, Yoo Jeongeyon, is asking a nobody like me,Hirai Momo as your girlfriend. I mean, this doesn't happen in real life!"

Jeongyeon suddenly burst laughing. "I'm not a god. I can like anybody I want."

Jeongyeon nuzzled Momo's cheeks, making thinking more impossible for Momo. "So will you accept my offer? Or atleast think of it? I already offered you a trial version of what you will get if you say yes." Momo blushed, remembering how she reacted to the kisses.

She looked up to the jock and marveled how beautiful she is. Even as Yumi, she can't rival this girl's looks. How more if she's Momo?

"If I say yes..."

"When you say yes..."

"You're that confident?"

"Nobody can resist me. Or my kisses." Jeongyeon waggled her eyebrows at Momo.

"I dunno--I don't have much experience on these kinds of things. Honestly, you are my first. That was my first kiss."

"Really?! You reached this age without--"

"Well, nobody wanted to kiss me--"

"That nobody is me."

Momo blushed again. "So I don't know what you expect of me."

"I don't expect much? Cheer for me during my games, let's eat your favorite food, smile at me during class, hold hands, and maybe kiss me sometimes?" Momo's face slightly fell. "Wow, you got tall orders, captain. Orders that I don't think I can't fulfill."

Jeongyeon nudged Momo and glared at her before the older laughed. "Just be yourself and give me lots of hugs and you'll be alright." Momo sighed. Jeongyeon pulled her closer until she relaxed.

"So?"

"So what?"

"Are we.."

"Aren't we going to fast?You don't even know me."

"I know you enough. That girl who sleeps in class because she's working part-time. That brave girl who didn't back down when I bullied her. That girl who cut her hair because of bubblegum. That girl who hates bugs. That girl who hated me but now allowed me to kiss her.That girl who I wanted to be called mine. If she would allow me."

Momo was rendered speechless with the seriousness and sincerity in Jeongyeon's voice. She touched Jeong's face and put her cheek close to the girl's.

"I'm afraid."

"Of what? Of me?"

No, that I will hurt you of my secrets, Momo thought.

"Of everything. You have a lot of fans, I may get death threats," Momo jokingly said instead.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it.I won't let anything happen to you." Momo leaned on Jeong's shoulders.

Does she want these?

"Do you want the kisses or not?"

Momo pouted. "I want."

Jeongyeon hugged her. "I thought so. I want it too. So will you be my girlfriend?"

"Could we keep it a secret first?"

(I don't know how your friends will react.)

"Why? Are you ashamed of me, Hirai?"

"No! But you might be embarrassed to be seen with me."

"Never."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"I will be your girlfriend."

"Really?"

"You dont want?" Its jeongyeons turn to pout.

"I want." So Momo pinched her cheeks. "You're cute Yoo."

"I know."

Momo slapped her arm and laughed. "Okay, so I want to get what I signed for."

"Your wish is always my command, princess." Jeongyeon grinned and moved her face nearer and give in nonetheless to Momo.