Chapter 6: Amazons

The Signalverse

Danny woke up with a big headache. He got out of his shared bed with Sana and walked into the conference room. Danny sat down and the pain kicked in again. A voice was calling out to him in his head.

YOU’RE A THIEF! WHY HAVEN’T YOU STOLEN ANYTHING YET?!

“I’m not a thief. Not anymore.” Danny answered the voice.

ONCE A THIEF ALWAYS A THIEF. YOU WERE BORN TO STEAL, BORN TO HURT OTHERS!

“Stop it!” Danny clenched his head to try to stop the noise.

ONE MORE, AND I’LL STOP THIS PAIN!

“Fine. One more.” Danny sighed.

Danny immediately felt one final sharp pain before collapsing. A few seconds later his eyes glowed red. He smirked.

“LET THE FUN BEGIN!”


Sana woke up slowly. She liked sleeping in, but she wanted to spend the whole day with Danny. She started rolling around to face the other side of the room.

“Good morning Danny... huh? Where is he?” Sana whispered.

Sana got up and went into the kitchen. On the counter there was a note.

Went to get food. Will be back in a bit. Love you! – D.

Sana smiled.

He’s so thoughtful.

Sana hummed while doing her daily routine. After ten minutes, she walked into the living room to wait for Danny. Another ten minutes past and still no sign of him.

What’s taking him so long? I hope he didn’t get lost. Or worse.

Sana sat thinking for a few seconds before someone ran into the room.

“Sana! Get up! We got a mission!” Jihyo yelled.

“What’s up Ji?” Sana asked.

“There’s a thief robbing a sushi restaurant.”

“Okay!”

Sana got up and put on her gear. She followed Jihyo into the second van. The vans started going to the crime scene. Sana looked around.

“Hey where’s Danny?” Sana asked.

“I think he might be in the other van.” Jihyo answered.

“Okay...” Sana look worried.

“Hey.” Jihyo grabbed Sana’s hand. “I’m sure Danny is fine.”

Sana smiled. She turned to the window and looked at the sights.

Five minutes later the vans arrived at the site. Sana gasped when she saw that it was the sushi restaurant that Danny took her on their date. TWICE got out of the vans and walked inside. They saw the customers cowering in fear. Sana walked up to the cashier.

“Where’s Haruka?” Sana asked. The cashier just whimpered in fear.

“It’s fine Sana. I know where he is. He’s on the top floor with the robber.”

Jihyo turned to Momo and Jeongyeon.

“You two go up there first. Your speed and your gravity control can make you both get Haruka out and capture the robber.”

The duo nodded. Jeongyeon’s gravity control and Momo’s super speed made them get up to the top floor in 1 millisecond. However when they reached the top they only saw Haruka. They brought him downstairs to the others for fear of the robber still being in the room. When they got back down the nine started questioning him.

“Are you okay sir?” Dahyun asked.

“I’m okay. Thanks to these two.” Haruka nodded at Jeongyeon and Momo. They smiled at him.

“What was the robber after?” Jihyo asked.

“He was after the Corinthian Diamond. I bought it off someone who managed to get his hands on it.” Haruka looked at the nine and saw Sana.

“So you’re a member of TWICE huh? I should’ve known Danny was working with the government. That lying snitch.”

“He wasn’t working with us at the time. He is now. He wants to help us catch criminals.” Sana said. Haruka laughed.

“You don’t really know him girlie. Once a thief always a thief. If he was working with you he would be here helping interrogate me.”

Sana turned red. She made a fist and punched her other hand.

“Don’t you dare say bad things about him.” Sana warned.

“Unfortunately for you, I am correct. Danny was the one who robbed me. No one else can move as quietly as him, and only two people know where I keep my valuables: myself and Danny.”

“Y-You’re lying. Dany would never-”

Haruka pulled out his phone and played a video recording. Sana’s worst nightmare came to fruition.

“N-No... H-He can’t have... I-It can be...” Sana slid to the floor. She hid her face in her hands and cried.

“Sana, it’s okay. We’ll find out why he did it. I’m sure he did it for a good reason.” Tzuyu patted Sana’s head. Sana hugged Tzuyu and cried into her chest.

“For now we need to find Danny.” Jihyo said. “We need to know how a fire wielder can evade our sight.”

Everyone nodded.

“If I may, I would like to offer my assistance.” Haruka said.

“All help is welcome. There ten of us so we’ll split into teams of two. Momo and Mina will search north Seoul, Nayeon and Jeongyeon south Seoul, Dahyun and Chaeyoung west Seoul and Tzuyu and I will check east Seoul.” Jihyo instructed.

“What about us?” Haruka asked.

“You and Sana will check central Seoul. Move out people. Let’s find him.”

They dispersed. Sana and Haruka walked around to look for Danny.

“Where could he have gone?” Sana asked.

“How would I know. You’re his girlfriend.”

“Well you’ve known him longer!”

“Well I’m not the one who stalked and seduced him!”

“ENOUGH!”

Sana and Haruka flinched.

“You are both on comms so everyone can hear you. Shut up and find Danny.”

“Yes Jihyo...”

Sana gasped. Haruka looked at her concerned.

“What is it?”

“I think I know where Danny is!” Sana pressed a button on her earpiece.

“Jihyo. I need you to look in the direction of Dynasty Incorporated. Look on the top floor.”

Jihyo looked where Sana instructed. She saw a figure entering the CEO’s office. Her vision zoomed in and she saw Danny punching in a code in his bookcase. The bookcase opened and Danny entered. The case closed behind him. Jihyo zoomed out and saw security guards guarding every entrance and door and patrolling every hallway.

“Danny’s there. He entered a secret room in his office. The code is 1229.” Jihyo said.

“That’s my birthday.” Sana noticed.

“Dahyun and Chaeyoung, you two will create a diversion. Get the ground guards to follow you away from the building. Nayeon and Jeongyeon, you will go with Momo and Mina to clear the guards floor by floor. Haruka and Sana, you two will enter through the roof.”

“How can we get up there?” Haruka asked.

“I know about your powers Haruka. I’m not the leader of TWICE for nothing. Show us what you can do.”

Haruka nodded. He put on his belt called the Amazon Driver. He turned the left handle forward and back. The “eyes” on the belt lit up red and the belt cried “Omega!”

“Uagh! Amazon!”

Red smoke and heat came out of Haruka and enveloped his body. After a few seconds, there was a blinding light and a green armored warrior came out of the smoke.

“H-Haruka?”

“It’s me Sana. Danny and I developed the technology to turn special people into Kamen Rider. I am one of the two. The other is a scientist that worked with us named Jin. We haven’t been able to locate him yet so for now it’s just me.”

“Okay. So how is this gonna help us get up there?”

“My physical abilities get heightened in this form. I am stronger, faster, and more agile but I lose energy faster. I need to eat to get my energy back up.”

Haruka picked up Sana bridal style and jumped up to the roof. Once he put her down she started hitting him.

“Yah! Why did you do that? Only my boyfriend can do that!” Sana glared at him.

“I’m sorry, but that was the safest way to hold you while I jumped.”

Sana huffed. She walked to the door and opened it. They walked down the stairs until they reached the top floor’s main hallway. They ran into Danny’s office and met up with the others. Sana went to the bookcase and punched in the code. The bookcase moved and they looked inside. Danny was standing in the center of the room shirtless facing away from them.

“Danny?” Danny turned around.

“Sana...” Danny walked up to her and gave her a hug. Sana hugged him back, embarrassed from his torso touching her.

“Danny... why did you rob Haruka’s sushi shop?” Sana asked.

“What are you talking about? I haven’t been there since our date.” Danny tilted his head in confusion.

“Jihyo saw you Danny. You were on the top floor with Haruka. He said you took the Corinthian Diamond from him.”

“That’s impossible. I-”

Danny was hit with a wave of pain. He collapsed. Sana tried to help him up but Haruka pulled her away. A few seconds later Danny got up. His tongue swiped across his tongue and his eyes glowed red. He locked eyes with Tzuyu and smirked. He started approaching her.

“CUTE... MINE...”

Jihyo stood in front of Tzuyu and raised her hand, icicles forming in her hands.

“Stay back. I don’t want to hurt you.” Jihyo glared at him.

“TOO BAD! I WANNA HURT YOU!” Danny pulled out a belt and put it on.

Haruka recognized the belt. He gasped.

“That’s a Neo Amazon Driver. Where did you get that?”

“SOME GUY NAMED CHIHIRO MADE IT. HE WAS USELESS TO ME, SO I ENDED HIS WORTHLESS EXISTENCE AND NOW I OWN THIS!”

Haruka was in shock.

“You killed Jin’s son?!” Haruka started breathing harder.

Danny nodded. He pulled out a mechanical syringe and plugged it into the Driver. He turned the slot up forty-five degrees and pushed in the plunger. The belt cried “Neo.”

“AMAZON!”

The same red smoke and heat spewed out from Danny. After a blinding light, he stepped out in his own blue armored form.

“TIME TO DIE!”

He charged at them but after taking three steps the belt malfunctioned and Danny transformed back. He fell to the floor and his eyes went back to normal.

“Chihiro must’ve installed a defense system in case someoen tried to use it without his authorization.” Haruka noted.

“W-What happened?” Danny asked as he sat up..

Sana went up to him and hugged him.

“Something took over your body and made you do terrible things.” Sana told him.

“Oh. I’m so sorry.” Danny said.

“It’s okay Danny.”

Danny smiled. He got up and went to Jihyo. He put his arms out, fist clenched in front of her.

“I’m sorry for all the things I’ve done. You can take me in now.”

Jihyo shook her head.

“It wasn’t you Danny. There is evidence to prove it. There’s no reason to arrest you.”

“Okay. Well let’s get out of here. This secret room is making my nose stuffy.”

They laughed. The couples all walked out hand in hand. Haruka walked behind them.

“Hey guys. We should go out and eat today.” Danny said.

“Yay! More jokbal!” Momo exclaimed.

“Tteokbokki!” Jeongyeon yelled.

“Strawberries!” Chaeyoung joined in.

“Bread.” Tzuyu said.

“Sushi!” Sana jumped up and down.

Everyone laughed.

“Hey, we can get that at AZ. Why don’t we all celebrate there. You can bring Mizuki along too Haruka. I’ve missed her.” Danny offered.

“Ummm I don’t know.”

“C’mon. Please?” Sana batted her eyelashes at him.

“Fine.” Haruka sighed. “I’ll see if she wants to join us.”

“Yay! Let’s go babe!” Sana grabbed Danny’s hand and pulled him to the elevator. The others followed them in. Haruka sighed.

I hope you’re doing well Jin.


On the other side of town, at AZ’s southern branch, Jin stood on the roof looking at Seoul’s night life. His wife Nanaha came up behind him and gave him a hug.

“Are you sure you wanna do this? He’s dangerous.” Nanaha asked.

“I’m dangerous too.” Jin said. “And I’m doing this for our son. He deserves justice.”

Nanaha nodded. She gave Jin his Amazon Driver and a bag full of hard boiled eggs.

“Good luck out there. And stay safe.”

“I will.”

The two shared a kiss before Nanaha walked back inside. Jin looked back at the city one more time before following her down.

Wherever you are Danny, prepare yourself. The “Alpha” is coming.