Chapter 5: Meeting the Crew.

The Signalverse

The next day Jihyo decided to let Danny meet the rest of the crew. She led him to a room with a big round table fit for ten. She walked him to the front of the room.

“Everyone, this is my friend, Danny Trinh. I know we were tasked to bring him in, but I want to try and get him pardoned. He will start working with us from now on.”

Everyone stayed silent. Jihyo sighed.

“Anyway, I want you guys to get to know each other. Start by introducing yourselves to him. Give him basic info like name, age, and superpower.”

“Superpower? You guys have powers? That’s cool!”

“N, go first.” Jihyo gestured to the bunny-looking person.

“Okay! Hi I’m Nayeon. I am 28, and my superpower is time reversal!” She smiled at Danny.

“You look like a bunny.”

“Yeah... I’ve been told that...”

“Don’t be sad. I just meant that you look cute.”

Nayeon blushed. She went up to Danny and kissed his cheek. Sana growled.

“Thank you~” Nayeon sat back down.

“Ummm anyway, let’s continue.”

“Hi I’m Jeongyeon. I’m 27 and I have gravity manipulation.”

“Ooh. That’s cool!”

Jeongyeon smiled at him.

“Hi I’m Momo! I’m also 27 and I have super speed.”

“I love speedsters! They can just zip in and out of anywhere and do whatever they want!”

“Ummm Danny-”

“Oh! I’m sorry. Last criminal thoughts leaving my head.”

“Okay, next!” Jihyo nodded at Sana.

“Hi babe!” Sana went up to him and hugged him.

“I’m 27 and I-”

“Can turn invisible. I know.”

Everyone gasped.

“Ummm how-”

“Cameras in my office show you appearing in front of me. I thought you would tell when you were ready.”

Sana smiled at him.

“Well you know now~” Sana kissed Danny’s cheek. Danny blushed and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

“Well it’s my turn. I’m Mina. I’m 26 and I have hypnotism as my power.”

Mina brushed her hair out of her ear. Danny was at a loss for words.

“So elegant...” Danny murmured.

Sana elbowed him.

“Hey!” Sana pouted.

Danny laughed. He kissed Sana on the cheek.

“Don’t be jealous babe. You know you’re the one for me.” Danny nuzzled Sana’s cheek.

Sana giggled.

“Okay... let’s let the last members speak.” Jihyo nodded at the pale girl.

“I’m Dahyun. I’m 26 and I can duplicate.”

“You look like tofu. Wait... Dahyun... tofu... aaah!”

Everyone gave him a confused look.

“Dahyunnie?!”

“So you remember me now?” Dahyun smirked.

“How could I forget? You used to dance around with me. I’ve missed you!” Danny let go of Sana and went to hug Dahyun.

“I’ve missed you too dongsaeng.” Dahyun started tickling Danny. Danny started giggling.

“Stop it Dubu!” Danny freed himself from Dahyun and looked at the last two members.

“Wait. I recognize you two now.”

“You do?” The shorter of the two asked.

“Yeah! You’re Chaeyoung! The baby cub!” Danny hugged Chaeyoung.

“Hi Danny!” Chaeyoung giggled as Danny nuzzled his nose into her cheek.

“Still short as always huh Chaengie?” Danny sniggered.

“Yah!” Chaeyoung hit him. “Show some respect for your elders!”

“Sorry!” Danny looked at the last person.

“So that means you are probably... Tzuyu.”

Tzuyu ran up to Danny and embraced him. They pecked each other’s lips.

我想你.” (I miss you.)

我也想你.” (I miss you too.)

Sana broke a pencil.

“Yah!” Sana yelled. “What are you two doing?!”

Nayeon and Jeongyeon held Sana back as she was trying to tackle Danny and Tzuyu.

“Don’t worry Sana. Tzuyu and I made a promise as kids that we would kiss each other whenever we meet up again.”

Tzuyu nodded.

“Well maybe we should switch to the cheek and not on the lips, since we’re not in love with each other anymore.”

Danny nodded.

Sana growled. Danny went up to her and pressed his lips on hers. Sana started kissing back. They broke for air after a minute.

“It’s okay babe. You’re the only one for me.”

Danny sat down and pulled Sana down to sit on his lap. He hugged her and rested his chin on her shoulder. She leaned her head onto his.

“So what are you powers Chae and Tzu?” Danny asked.

“Oh! So I have telekinesis and Tzuyu has super strength.”

“Cool!” Danny beamed.

“And that leads to me.” Jihyo said. “I am the leader, and I have two powers: clairvoyance and-”

“Ice manipulation?” Danny asked.

Jihyo nodded.

“How did you-”

“I could feel it. We were made to be polar opposites.”

Danny raised his hand. He made a fist and opened it. A bright orange flame lit up in his hand. Jihyo raised her hand and icicles formed. They put their hands together. They intertwined their fingers. Danny kissed Jihyo’s cheek. Jihyo blushed.

“You should have your company back.”

“No. It’s okay. I have everything I want now.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes I am.”

“Okay.”

Danny let go of Jihyo’s hand. He kissed Sana’s cheek.

“Let’s celebrate.”

“Celebrate what babe?”

“I don’t know. I just feel like today should be a day for celebration. What do you guys think?”

The others looked at each other.

“Party?” Dahyun asked.

“FOOD!” Momo yelled.

Everyone laughed.

“Babe, why do you always think about food.” Mina asked.

“Well I run a lot and burn a lot of calories. I need to eat to keep my energy levels up.” Momo said, still jumping up and down in thought of more food.

“Fine.” Jihyo said. “We’ll have a party, but Danny’s paying.”

Danny sighed.

“I should be making you guys pay for locking me up this whole time but since I have the most money then okay!” Danny grinned.

“Let’s go get jokbal!” Momo exclaimed.

“Strawberries!” Chaeyoung added.

“Tteokbokki!” Jeongyeon screamed.

“Just order whatever you want.” Danny said.

“THANKS DANNY!” TWICE yelled.

Danny laughed.

“Oh shoot I need to call the company and tell them I’m okay. It doesn’t look good for the CEO to suddenly disappear out of nowhere.” Danny ran into a different room.

The others immediately turned to Sana.

“What?” Sana asked.

“When did you two become a thing?” Dahyun asked.

“Ummm... The day I met him...” Sana said embarrassed.

“I knew my Sanake would strike when she saw him.” Nayeon teased.

“Yah! I am not a snake! Neomuhae!” Sana pouted.

The others laughed.

“Do you really love him unnie?” Tzuyu asked.

Sana nodded.

“Good. I still love Danny, even though I have someone now.” Tzuyu nodded at Jihyo. Jihyo smiled, blushing.

“Try not to hurt him unnie. He may not look it, or act like is sometimes but he is very fragile.”

Sana smiled.

“Leave it to me!” Sana flashed a thumbs-up at the group.

“Leave what to you?”

Sana yelped. She turned around and saw Danny smiling at her. She hit him.

“Yah1 Don’t scare me like that!” Sana kept hitting him.

Danny caught Sana’s hands. He turned her around and started tickling her. Sana started laughing uncontrollably.

“S-Stop Danny! I-I can’t breathe!”

Danny stopped. He hugged her and kissed her forehead. Danny looked to the others. They stood staring at the two’s interaction.

“Why are you guys staring at us? Aren’t you gonna get food?” Danny asked.

“What food?” Jihyo asked.

“THIS IS DELICIOUS!”

The group turned around. Momo was at a table eating food. She piled a lot of it onto her plate.

“Yah Momo! Save some for us!” They ran over to get some before Momo ate it all.

Danny laughed. He grabbed Sana’s hand and lightly squeezed.

“Let’s get some food. I’m starving.”

Sana nodded. They walked to where their friends were. Sana smiled.

Let’s be like this forever Danny.