Chapter 1: Infiltration Success.

The Signalverse

Ch 1

Danny woke up and saw a girl sleeping next to him. He twitched a bit before calming himself down. He didn’t want to wake her.

So pretty...

Danny raised his hand and lightly the girl’s hair.

“Who are you?” He murmured.

Suddenly the girl’s eyes shot open. She looked at Danny and screamed. Security guards rushed into the room and pulled out their guns, aiming them at her.

“CEO-nim! Are you alright!” A guard asked.

“I am fine. She was just startled by seeing me close to her in the morning. You may leave.” Danny waived them off.

“But sir!” Another guard protested.

“You may leave!” Danny glared at the guards.

The guards bowed and left one by one. The last guard flipped the lock and closed the door. Danny turned around and looked at the girl. She was wearing a blue school uniform with a pair of white Spris shoes. She had on a peculiar-looking black watch.

“May I ask what your name is?” Danny asked.

The girl didn’t answer. She looked down and started to cry. Danny sat down next to her and pulled her in a hug. She hugged him back and hid her face in his shoulder, making it wet from her tears. Danny patted her back and ran his hand through her hair.

“Hey, it’s okay.” Danny pulled back and placed his hands on her cheeks, pulling her face up to look at him.

“You don’t have to say anything.” Danny smiled at her.

She smiled back. She sniffed once and wiped away her tears.

“I-It’s okay. I’m Sana. Minatozaki Sana.” She put out her hand for him to shake.

Danny shook her hand.

“Sana. Such a beautiful name.”

Sana blushed.

“What about yours?”

“Danny Trinh.”

Sana giggled.

“Trinh. Such a funny name.”

“What?” Danny exclaimed. “No, my name is Danny.”

“Then why did you say your name wrong?” Sana asked.

“That’s how you say it in America.” Danny pouted.

Sana nodded.

“Okay!” She giggled.

Danny smiled. Suddenly his phone alarm went off. Danny looked at it and it said: AZ Ω. 1700. γ.

“Let’s get some food.” Danny suggested. Sana nodded in agreeance.

He held Sana’s hand and led her out of the building and into the parking garage. He opened the passenger side door and gestured her to get in. Sana complied and Danny closed the door before getting in the driver’s seat. He started up his car and drove to a local sushi restaurant. Sana squealed and started bouncing up and down. Danny laughed a bit and led her inside.

“Table for two please.” Danny said.

“Right this way sir.” The server led them to the private room and gave them the most elegant table in the building.

“What would you like to eat?” Danny asked. “Whatever you want, you can have it.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want to spend a lot of your money.”

“Hey, you’re doing me a favor. I have way too much. Besides I can never decide on what to order. Just ask and I’ll just get the same.”

“Or we can share~” Sana suggested.

“Okay then. Let’s get the biggest platter they have. If we have extras we can bring it home and eat later.”

“Okay!”

“Good choice sir. Anything else sir?” The server asked.

“Oh, and ummm...” Danny signaled the server to place his ear next to Danny’s mouth.

“I’m here to see Haruka. Code Gamma.” Danny whispered softly so Sana couldn’t hear.

The server’s eyes widened. He bowed and immediately rushed to the kitchen.

Sana overheard what Danny said and pondered in thought.

Who’s Haruka and what’s Code Gamma? Is it about the diamond?

Danny looked at Sana to see her scowling.

“What’s wrong Sana? Are you okay?” Sana blinked twice and looked at Danny.

“Oh it’s nothing. I was just thinking about some personal stuff.”

Danny squeezed her hand. He smiled at her.

“If you ever need anything just tell me okay?”

Sana nodded. She leaned over and kissed his cheek. Danny flushed pink.

“Thank you Danny~” Sana rested her head on Danny’s shoulder while waiting for their food.

Danny rested his head on hers. Suddenly a figure walked up to their table and sat down in front of Danny.

“Danny! How have you been my boy?” The person put out his hand to shake.

“I’ve been great. It’s been a long time Haruka.” Danny shook his hand.

“So I heard that you have something for me?” Haruka asked.

“Yes. It took a long time to procure but I finally got it.”

Danny put his hand into his pocket and pulled out a holo-projector. He turned it on, and a display of a gem played.

“The Corinthian Diamond?! How did you get it?” Haruka was shocked.

“I have my means.” Danny said. “How much are you willing to spend to add it to your collection?”

Haruka scribbled down a number on a napkin. He pushed it over to Sana. Danny was confused.

“Why did you give it to her?” Danny asked.

“I saw the way you two interacted. I believe that she should be able to help you negotiate a good price for it.”

Sana looked at the paper. She looked at Danny and shook her head slightly.

“I don’t think 5 million can cut it. This is the most valuable diamond in existence. Knowing where this came from I know that it took Danny a long time to steal it.”

Danny and Haruka looked at Sana suspiciously.

“Why do you think I stole it?” Danny asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

“The Corinthian Diamond was bestowed to the president’s family a long time ago. He said that he would give it to his daughter when she came of age. I doubt that something with so much numerical and sentimental value would be sold or given away to an outsider.”

Danny’s jaw dropped.

“Ummm... Sana...”

“It’s okay Danny. I don’t care that you’re a thief. I just want to stay by your side.” Sana kissed his cheek.

Haruka laughed.

“You got yourself a keeper. Finally after how many girls?”

“17, but they were all set up by my late uncle. Unlike those girls I am actually attracted to Sana.”

Sana blushed. She wrapper her arms around Danny’s and looked at Haruka.

“50 million. It should be good enough.” Sana said.

Haruka smiled.

“You got yourselves a deal.”

Haruka shook Danny’s hand and kissed Sana’s. Danny’s eye twitched. He growled a bit.

“Calm down babe. He’s just being nice.” Sana rubbed Danny’s cheek.

“Okay~” Danny said.

Danny looked at Haruka and nodded. Haruka snapped his fingers and two men dressed in black suits walked out with briefcases. They opened it up and inside was the cash.

“And now the diamond?” Haruka put out his hand.

Danny reached into his pocket and pulled out the diamond. Haruka’s eyes sparkled when Danny put the diamond in his hand.

“Pleasure doing business with you.” Haruka pocketed the diamond and got up.

Haruka signaled his men and they gave Danny the briefcases. They bowed and left the room. Haruka followed them. After a few seconds the server came back and placed the platter in front of the two.

“Your order sir.” The server bowed wand walked away.

Danny picked up his chopsticks and picked up a piece of sushi. He dipped it in soy sauce and gestured Sana to open . She complied and Danny placed it inside . She chewed and let out a soft squeal.

“It’s so good!” Sana got up and hopped around.

Danny laughed.

“Sit down and eat with me.” Danny said.

Sana stopped hopping and sat next to Danny.

“Feed me.” Sana opened wide.

Danny chuckled.

“As you wish.”

While they ate Sana pressed a button on her watch. The watch sent out a signal to a set of 8 people.


The leader of the eight looked at her watch and smirked.

“Sana’s with Danny. It’s time for us to take him down.”

The others nodded and started gearing up. The leader sighed.

“Be careful Sana. Unnie is on her way.”