Prologue: Origins.

The Signalverse

Prologue

Danny’s POV

My name is Danny Trinh. All my life I could remember always being on the run. I was a thief, a pretty good one. Any big heist that you heard of in the news, it was most likely me. Another thing about me: I have superpowers. I was born with the ability to control flames. I used to love my powers. I used them to do “magic”. I made a lot of friends and admirers along the way. I also have another power: power copying. I got them from my very first professional heist. I had to steal a dark matter field generator from a laboratory. I accidently tripped into a laser grid and set off the silent alarms. I managed to make it out of the facility with the device, but the device was damaged and sent dark matter into me, giving me my new powers.

Anyway I was on a heist. I was to steal the Corinthian Diamond from the president’s mansion. I got past the fortified walls and guards easily. I even made it past the laser grid and got my hand on it. I could have got away with it... if not for the dog. Apparently the president’s daughter had a little chihuahua that liked to run around, and it managed to see me in the room with the diamond. The little beast ran right at me barking and tripped the lasers. I panicked and ran out of the room to the nearest window to jump out but tripping the laser grid activated the mansions fortifications. In short, I had a few seconds before I was trapped. I ran into the stairwell and up to the roof before the access door locked.. I jumped off the roof and landed in my getaway car and drove off.

“Yes!” I pumped my fist in the air. “I can’t believe I made it out.”

I made it to a tall skyscraper and went up to the roof. I lied down and pulled out my prize and held it up to the sunlight.

“All that trouble for such a small diamond? Well at least it’s valuable.”

Danny pocketed the diamond and went down to the CEO’s office.

“CEO-nim! How was your trip?” My secretary asked.

“Great. Contact AZ Ω and request a meeting for tomorrow evening at 6. Once you are done you and everyone else are free to go home.”

“Thank you CEO-nim!” My secretary bowed and started the phone call.

I laughed and walked into my office. I laid down on my couch and fell asleep.

Life is good.


??? POV

The door to the CEO’s office opened. A draft came through the door and made Danny stir slightly in his sleep. A body became visible next him. The person sat next to him and ran their fingers through his hair. The person smiled.

“I feel bad for him. He doesn’t know what is coming for him.”


President’s POV

“Get them on the phone now!” I yelled at my staff.

“But sir! You told us not to get their number! You requested for them to call us, remember?” One of them said.

“They called us before right?! That means they have a number we can call! Call it!”

I threw a vase at that person. That person dodged it and frantically pulled up the call logs and called the number. He gave the phone to the president.

“Hello?” Someone answered.

“I need your team to get ready to mobilize. This thief has gone too far!”

“Understood sir.”

“Oh and watch over Sana. She might cause you problems with your operation.”

“Yes sir.”

“Good luck TWICE. Your country is depending on you.”

A/N: Only this part of the story will be in POV. The rest will be in normal format.