Chapter 2: Lies and Betrayal.

The Signalverse

After the two got full Danny had the server pack up the leftovers in a box and Danny instructed him to leave it in his car. Danny and Sana walked to a nearby park. They walked slowly, enjoying each other’s company without talking. When they reached a bridge, Sana asked Danny to take a picture of her. Danny took a few before looking up to see Sana moving hair behind her ear while she was basked in moonlight. Her eyes shimmered as she slowly turned to look at Danny. Danny’s mouth stayed slightly opened as she walked back to him.

“What is it?” Sana asked, her head slightly leaning to one side.

“Nothing...” Danny said, blushing. “It’s just that... You look really beautiful.”

Sana blushed and looked away.

“T-Thanks.” Sana played with her fingers.

Danny suddenly grabbed Sana’s hands. Sana looked up and met Danny’s eyes.

“I... I have never felt this way about another person before. You’re the first person that has made me experience true happiness. Not even my best heist could ever match this.”

Sana stood there in silence. She didn’t know what to say.

“I know that we literally just met today, but since I first laid eyes on you I had this feeling I couldn’t shake, like we were meant to be together.”

Sana turned away slightly. Danny saw this and let out a soft sigh.

“I probably freaked you out, huh. I’m sorry about that. I’ll leave and I won’t bother you again.”

Danny turned around, but before he could walk away a pair of arms wrapped around his waist.

“D-Don’t go...” Sana cried. “Please don’t go...”

Danny, still in Sana’s embrace, turned to face her and pulled her into a hug. He started crying too. He kissed her forehead and rested his head on hers.

“S-Stay with me.” Sana said,

“I will. I promise. I won’t ever leave you.” Danny whispered.

They stayed like that for a few minutes. Danny pulled away, both missing each other’s warmth.

“Are you tired? Do you want to go home?” Danny asked.

Sana kicked the ground softly. She looked at her feet.

“I-I don’t have a home. I’ve been sneaking into houses and buildings to sleep.”

Danny said nothing. He suddenly grabbed her hand and led her to his car. They got in and he drove away. They didn’t speak for a few minutes till Danny parked his car. They got out and Danny led her to a mansion.

“Wow.” Sana was in awe.

“This is my home... If you want... It can be your home too...” Danny blushed.

Sana smirked.

“Is this your way of getting me to sleep with you?”

Danny turned bright red.

“No! Of course not! I was just-”

Sana gigged.

“I was just joking Danny. This’ll be our home.”

Sana pulled Danny’s face down to hers. Their lips were just centimeters apart. Sana started to lean in. Danny closed his eyes in anticipation. Sana smirked and kissed his cheek, making her lips almost touch his. Danny opened his eyes when her lips left his cheek. He sighed and looked down.

“What is it Danny?” Sana asked, looking concerned.

“Oh... It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it...”

Sana pulled his face up and pecked his lips. Danny was taken aback by this.

“Let’s go inside. I’m cold.”

“O-Okay.”

Danny and Sana walked into the mansion. Danny gestured for Sana to sit on the couch and wait for him. Sana complied and Danny walked into his room. After a few minutes Sana got tired of waiting. She got up from the couch and walked to Danny’s room. She was about to go in when she heard crying. She slowly opened the door and peeked inside. She saw Danny kneeling on the floor in front of a small altar. On the altar there was a picture of a woman.

“Mom, I finally found a girl. Her name is Minatozaki Sana. She’s really beautiful. I think I found the one.” Danny smiled slightly.

Sana teared up a bit.

Danny... Get it together Sana! Remember the mission!

“I-I haven’t been a good person.” Danny started again. “I’ve been stealing from people. Please forgive me.”

Danny bowed to his mom. Sana’s heart started beating a little faster.

“I think I can finally stop now. With Sana here, I can focus on being the good boy you’ve always wanted me to become.”

Danny gave one last bow before sitting down with his head in his knees. Sana opened the door and hugged Danny. Danny looked up and hugged Sana back. He buried his head in Sana’s chest.

After a few minutes Danny stopped crying. He looked up at Sana and smiled.

“I’m sorry you had to see me like that.” Danny apologized.

“Don’t apologize for that Danny.” Sana patted his head. “It’s normal for someone to cry.”

Danny nodded and rested his head on Sana’s shoulder. Sana rested her head on his.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” Sana asked.

Danny nodded.

“Growing up I didn’t have much. I lived in a small apartment. There was bad electricity and barely any water. There was so little food that I would starve myself so that my mom could eat. She was a maid to one of the biggest corporate leaders in Seoul. She was the reason I could be happy during those dark times.”

Sana saw how Danny’s eyes sparkled when he said that. She smiled.

“It all came to an end when I was ten. My mom was stuck doing extra work to get more money. That night, the owner came home drunk. He saw my mother and he started to do very bad things to her. He broke bottles over her head. When she finally died from the pain, he proceeded to her lifeless body.”

Tears started falling from Sana’s eyes. Danny wiped them away and gave a small smile to her.

“Anyway, after violating my mother the idiot saw a contract on the table and immediately signed it, thinking it was a work form. What he didn’t realize was that it was one my mom created, where if she died all of his assets would be transferred to me. Of course, you could obviously guess what happened next.”

Danny waived his hand around the room.

“Anyways I made sure that man would stay there forever. I got total control over his company and was given all of his wealth, but that didn’t make me happy. I was so angry from what happened to my mom that I started stealing. I only stole from the rich people who were poorly treating their staff. I would find out what their most valuable possession is and make plans to get them. I’ve collected so many items, but it wasn’t enough. My uncle, who is more of a father to me now, started setting up dates for me, but they didn’t love me. They were just there for my money, which I gave them so they can leave. I thought I would always have to hurt wrongdoers to give myself any joy, but then you came into my life. I’ll always be grateful for that.”

Danny got up and pulled Sana up.

“It’s getting late. We should head to bed. I don’t have an extra bed so you can have it. I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“No. It’s your house. I’ll take the couch.”

“I can’t let you do that. You’ve been sneaking into houses to sleep on their beds. At least accept the bed that’s been offered to you.”

Sana thought for a bit.

“Okay. I will, but only if you sleep with me.”

Danny blushed.

“A-Are you sure?”

“Mou!” Sana exclaimed. “Accept my offer or I’ll find another house to sleep in!”

“No!” Danny hugged Sana. “Don’t leave me. Please.”

Sana smiled.

“Then sleep with me.”

Danny nodded. He gave Sana some clothes to change into and they both started changing. They stood facing away, but they couldn’t help taking a few glances at each other.

Danny smirked.

Such a cute ... wait what am I doing? This is wrong.

Sana giggled to herself.

Such nice muscles. I don’t think he’ll mind if I... Stop it Sana! The mission!

Danny held her hand and led her to his bed. He was about to put up some pillows to make a wall between them, but Sana took them and set them aside. She hugged him and pulled him down.

“Good night~” Sana closed her eyes.

Danny smiled and kissed her forehead.

Lavenders. She smells like lavenders.

“Good night Sana.” Danny soon fell to darkness.


Sana woke up to her watch flashing. She got out of Danny’s grip and walked out of the room. She looked at her watch and saw a message from her leader.

We’re here. Open the door. – J.

Sana sighed. She opened the door and was greeted by her team. They all hugged before Sana led them to Danny’s room. Danny was sleeping soundly. Two of the group tied up Danny arms and legs while the others looked for the stolen goods. Sana sat down next to Danny and ran her fingers threw his hair.

He looks so peaceful right now.

“Sorry J! We couldn’t find the stash! It must be stored somewhere else!” One of them yelled.

“Dammit!” J cursed and threw her comm on the ground.

“J calm down. D, you need to be more quiet. We don’t want to wake him up.” Another agent scolded.

“Sorry N.” J and D said.

“Anyway... we need to move him out of here. Bag him and let’s go.”

J gave the two who tied him up a bag. They were about to place it over his head when Sana stopped them.

“Let me do it.” Sana said.

They nodded.

“I’m sorry Danny.”

Sana looked at Danny’s face one more time before putting the bag over his head. She shed a tear.

Please forgive me.

AN: Hey guys! Sorry for missing last week! School is tiring and I am in the middle of writing a song. Because of this, I'm granting you guys with a double update! The next chapter will be posted after this one!

PS: I thought of using Kamen Rider Amazon characters and abilities for this series but I don't know if I should anymore. Do you guys think I should change them to a K-pop group or keep it?