Chapter 3

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is all white. I find myself in an empty room. The wall and the floor are all white, it is not just an ordinary white, but a shiny white.

 

I noticed an empty small chair, and an old TV.

 

I sit on the chair, as the TV started to play some old movie of a woman delivering a baby. Following with the story of how the baby grow up. From the first time crawling, first time walking, first day of school, and all those memories of growing up.

 

I gasped when I realized that the film on this old TV is all about me.

 

“Oh my God…”

 

I sobbed once the film ended.

 

Is it really the end? Is it going to end like this? Am I dead?

 

Just then the doors opened, and a old man dressed in full white comes inside holding a black thin book that’s written my name on it.

 

“Ah-Ahjussi… what is this? Am I really dead? It’s just a dream, right? I don’t want to be dead yet.” I run to him and grabbed his arms.

 

The old man looked at me with his sorrowful eyes. He sighed,

 

“Choi Yoon Jung… You’ve done well.” He said.

 

“No… this is not happening. I still haven’t got a nice job, I still have to make my parents happy. This is not the right time. You can’t do this to me! Why are you so cruel to me? Did I asked too much? I just want a proper life just like everyone else. Why are you only gives me a hard times? Did I do something wrong? Did I really deserved this?” I sobbed, my body fell on the ground.

 

I can’t handle this. This is not right. I looked up at him who still giving me a sorrow expressions.

 

“Ahjussi.. I’m sorry!” I desperately kneeled with both my hands holding tight in front of my face. “I’m so sorry… it is my fault. I shouldn’t have said that. I should have run with all my heart when that car coming at me.” I said.

“No… I shouldn’t help the old lady. I should have just left her, so I did not have to die, right? I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… Please…” I pleaded

 

I cry hard, but deep inside I know these are useless. It is the end. I cannot get the second chances, there are no second chances in this world.

 

The old man squat down on my level, he tap my shoulder lightly.

 

“It is not my authority to give you another chance. This was all your choice. You made the decisions.” He said.

 

“No.. no, please don’t!” I pleaded hard.

 

He sighed.

 

After some time, he opens the book that he was holding,

 

“Choi Yoon Jung… 29 years old, born on 15 July 1990.” He started.

 

I shut my eyes in horror, can’t bear to hear what comes next.

 

 

But it is silent…. It’s a long silent. I thought he was going to announced my death or anything about my death. But I don’t hear anything. Slowly I opened my eyes, and then I noticed he was starring at the book for so long with her confused look.

 

“Eh?” he was shocked.

 

“W-What happened?” I asked.

 

He looked at me, with his mouth slighted opens.

 

“Apparently, you’re not died … yet.” He said.

 

“W-What?” I can’t help but snatch the book and read the information.

 

Name : Choi Yoon Jung

Age : 29 years old

Born : 15 July 1990

Died : 1651231256

 

The death’s information is keep changing. The number keeps rolling without stopping. I blink while trying to focus on the number.

 

“What does this means?” I ask.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter