Chapter 2

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I keep running without even knowing where I headed to. I had enough, I had enough with my life, and I’ve had enough with these situations that keep haunting me. I’ve had enough with my guilty feelings to my family. I really don’t know what to do.

 

Why do I deserve this? I really hate my life..

 

It is still 10.28 pm, the roads still busy and crowded. Some of them were walking fast with their phone on their ear as if they were late on something important. Some of them walking hand on hand with their lover, chatting and smiling romantically. Some of them just walking alone, both hands are in their pockets.

 

I finally stop at the crossroad. I get confused which way do I have to choose?

 

I feel so pathetic that even just a small choice like this can make me get so confused. It is not that my life depends on this crossroad, I just have to choose one of these roads. It’s just so simple yet I cannot choose…

 

I sighed.

 

I noticed that even in this busy and crowded place, I still feel alone.

 

Why their fates are so different than mine?

 

I do want to have a proper jobs, I want to come home tired with lots of works left to do. I want to work overtime. I want to have lunch and dinner with my co-workers. I want to have a party after work.

 

I also want to be in a relationship. I want to have someone to hold my hands, and smile whenever he looked at me. I want someone who will wait for my calls or my text. I want to someone who will be on my side in every situation.

 

I do want to be noticed.

 

….

 

I just want to get a chance.

 

….

 

I didn’t notice that I still crying hard, tears keep damping my cheeks. I started to feel pain on my feet. I looked down and notice I still wearing my slipper.

 

I looked at my side, there’s a nice café still fills with customers. People were chatting and sips on their coffee, some of them laughing hard and so immersed on the story that their friends were talking about. There are lovers too, smiling and feed each other some ice cream.

 

And then I notice, someone standing there, looking back at me. The clothes are worn out, the greasy messy hair, and more importantly the pathetic expressions.

 

My own reflection.

 

“You’re unbelievable Choi Yoon Jung.” I mumbled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter