Ain't

Best Friends?

 


 

Hours blurred into days and days quickly blurred into weeks. You’re not exactly sure how long it has been but you haven’t heard from Wonwoo anymore. This time around, he tried his best to avoid you as well so he could at least help. The words you said to him that night where you two practically knelt down and cried in each other’s arms still keep lingering in his mind.

 

He beat himself up for a while because of it, only now was he starting to pick himself back up. Wonwoo didn’t know what to feel about this whole mess of a situation. It just seems like all his emotions were crashing violently against each other inside his chest and he refused to acknowledge them because he was afraid he couldn’t handle it.

 

He was doing fine now anyway, pretending like he wasn’t conflicted at all in the inside. It seemed like you were doing fine now too since you seem to be happy with Seokmin. You two are hanging out a lot these days. After meeting for the first time, you two seemed inseparable since.

 

He was like a miracle for you, just what you needed at a time like this. If it weren’t for Seokmin, you would’ve been just plain miserable. He’s such an amazing guy. He dotes on you a lot. He’s so sweet and so thoughtful. He’s funny too, knowing exactly how to make you smile if you were down or tired. He listens to you well and is just overall perfect at this point.

 

If you honestly aren’t in love with your best friend— yes, you’ve come in terms with yourself that whatever you felt for Wonwoo couldn’t be contained in just ‘liking’ the guy… It was way more than that. If you really aren’t, you would’ve already fallen head over heels for Seokmin by now.

 

If only, you kept telling yourself. If only you’d met him earlier, if only moving on was as fast as blinking, if only it was that easy then maybe you would truly be happy right now. Maybe… maybe you could actually give your heart to someone who deserved it.

 

Wonwoo himself could see the change in you. He saw how your smiles were brighter these days, more genuine. The twinkle in your eyes was back and you glowed so much brighter now. To him, you’re absolutely breathtaking.

 

Wonwoo actually felt quite very proud of you. This meant that you were moving on just fine, right? And maybe… this meant that you’re moving on faster. If that’s the case then maybe you can come back to him faster too and be his best friend again. He’d love that. He really would. 

 

But… if there was anything he was uncomfortable with about this progress, it was Seokmin. He wished it didn’t have to be him helping you through all this. He just… really didn’t like the idea of you with him. He didn’t know why but he just didn’t. He tried not to show his dislike so much but it was too obvious. He kept saying he was just worried over you. That’s why he felt that way but is it really?

 

“What are you talking about? Seokmin’s fine.” Mingyu frowned at Wonwoo before shoving a spoonful of rice into his mouth. The boys found out about you and Seokmin through Wonwoo. You weren’t in contact with them as much anymore and Seokmin didn’t have a chance to tell them either since they don’t meet up for the project anymore.

 

Unlike him though, Mingyu and Hansol didn’t mind one bit and thought that it was about time you actually try to date someone. They were happy for you and even happier that you were dating (or are going to date) someone they actually know, someone they can actually trust. They thought you were in very good hands.

 

Wonwoo poked at his food, not in the mood to eat anymore as he replied with, “I don’t know… I just have a bad feeling. I don’t want them to continue this.” Hansol paused, his spoon hovering in front of his mouth. He raised an eyebrow at Wonwoo. “Woah? You’re being a little too protective here, don’t you think?”

 

“As I should be,” Wonwoo grumbled. He was now stabbing at his poor food. “I’m her best friend! I’d do anything to protect her...” The two males exchanged suspicious looks, Hansol scoffing at him. “Just a best friend, huh?” Wonwoo leaned back on his chair with his arms crossed, pretending not to hear what Hansol just said.

 

 

It hasn’t been that long since you told Seokmin about your situation with Wonwoo. You just felt extremely bad about not telling him. Right from the day you both officially met, he’s made it clear to you that he actually really liked you and wanted to pursue you. At that moment, you didn’t know what to reply. It felt a little sudden. You remembered becoming very quiet after he said it.

 

You had your eyes glued to your feet, not having the guts to look at him anymore. You thought that it would make things rather awkward between you two but Seokmin was very considerate about it. He let out a small chuckle and told you that you didn’t have to reply yet. He told you not to worry so much about it and that he’d happily wait.

 

Admittedly, you heart softened and you felt very grateful for him. You pretty much just went with the flow then. You really thought that maybe, just maybe, you could actually like him back when you spend more time together but then… there always seemed to be something holding you back.

 

And even if you deny it, you knew exactly what it was… You didn’t want to lead him on so you told him. About a week ago today, you told him you were actually in love with your best friend. The look in his eyes the moment your words started to register in his mind, the way the shine in them dimmed and the way they wavered made your heart ache. Nevertheless, you knew had to. You had to tell him the truth.

 

He was quiet for a long while to process everything while you just sat there, lost in your own thoughts. A few more beats of silence later, he shifted. He turned to you and gently reached for your hand. You gave him a faint smile, caressing his knuckles with your thumb in a form of comfort.

 

He just stared at you, his eyes flitting all over your features like the first time he saw you. Then, he took a deep breath. “Do I not have a chance? At all?” You took a deep breath of your own and shrugged your shoulders. “I can’t say anything’s for certain,” you began, briefly looking down at both your hands.

 

“Who knows? But… I just wanted to let you know that I still have unresolved feelings. I don’t know when this’ll all go away, Seok… I don’t want to lead you on.” Your voice was calm and gentle. You were very sincere with your words and he can feel it. Seokmin searched your glassy eyes, slowly nodding as he held onto your hand tighter.

 

He lifted it up to his lips and pressed a tender kiss on your knuckles. He had his eyes closed shut, a small stream of tears trickling down his cheeks. Oh god… Your heart just shattered. It was so painful to watch you had to look away. Is this what Wonwoo felt when you confessed? Did it hurt this much?

 

You thought for sure that saying such a thing would’ve severed your friendship. It saddened you that it looks like you were going to lose yet another important person in your life but, to your surprise, Seokmin just needed a day or two to think things through and you were back to normal.

 

He approached you like nothing happened and you both started to hang out again. At first, when you were still really starting to spend time together, whenever you two did things you used to do with Wonwoo, you felt quite uncomfortable with it. You just couldn’t imagine doing it with anyone else but you were way past that already.

 

Now, you were just thankful that at least you were starting to have fun again and be carefree like you used to be. Seokmin really amazed you. He made you wish that you were like him. You rejected him basically yet here he is, still with you despite hurting, despite healing.

 

You keep telling yourself that you should learn a thing or two from Seokmin. By then, maybe you can talk to Wonwoo again much sooner and try to rekindle your friendship. Maybe you can actually set your feelings for him aside like you used to and be the best friend he actually needs. Hopefully, you’ll get there soon.

 

It’s the weekend today. You have been stressed this entire week from telling Seokmin about you and Wonwoo and a ton of school work you’ve yet to finish so Seokmin, being the ing angel that he is, surprised you with a camping trip to the beach.

 

You absolutely loved it, of course. You were thanking him non-stop the entire day, being so clingly and affectionate with him. A small part of you was kind of scared though... Tonight was going to be your first night together but you kept telling yourself it’s going to be okay. This was Lee Seokmin after all. He has always, always shown you respect.

 

You two spent the entire day walking along the shore, building sand castles, collecting seashells and eating random snacks. You forgot all about the stress and just had a relaxing day filled with wonderful memories. After a very hearty dinner, you two watched the sun paint the skies beautifully as it sank down to end the day.

 

That view, the sea breeze, the sound of the waves and his warmth beside you made you feel very calm and peaceful. Something you definitely haven’t felt in a while. With his jacket wrapped around you, you leaned your head on his shoulder and sighed in content.

 

“Thank you for today, Seokmin. I really appreciate it,” you said softly, a small smile tugging on your lips. Chuckling, he gently your hair and gave your head a quick peck. “Of course, anything for you,” he whispered, just before pulling away.

 

You both grinned affectionately and moved even closer to each other, looking for warmth against the chilly breeze from the sea. You two just sat there, watching the sky change colors until it turned dark. The stars slowly started to twinkle above you and after admiring them for several minutes, you found yourselves lost in conversation about different things.

 

You two just had so much fun with each other’s company that you didn’t notice the time slip past you. Without knowing, it was already very late at night. It was only upon realizing that did you notice how tired you are already.

 

You were going to retreat into the tent you both set up, deciding to call it a day and finally rest but you found yourself pausing when you noticed that Seokmin stayed behind. You titled your head at him, confused that he didn’t follow you. He only smiled.

 

“Go ahead and sleep if you’re tired. I’ll just be out here.” You frowned. “What about you? Aren’t you tired yet?” You waited for him to reply to you but all he did was stare. There was something about the look in his eyes. You couldn’t point it out but it was definitely much different from how he looked at your just a few moments ago.

 

“If you don’t want to sleep yet, at least come inside the tent. It’s freezing out here, Lee Seokmin. It’s at least a little warmer in there. C’mon!” you insisted and grabbed his arm to pull him behind you. He didn’t budge though. The guy only let out a soft chuckle, lightly taking your hand off of him.

 

He shook his head and told you that he actually didn’t want to go to sleep at all tonight. You were confused yet again. The air around you suddenly felt heavy. The smile he flashed at you didn’t seem assuring like how he wanted it to be, it was off and then you realized that maybe something was wrong. Letting out a small sigh, you sat back down next to him.

 

Since you met, he has always been the one to comfort you and listen to you. Tonight, you thought it was about time that you repaid him. You searched his unreadable orbs for a moment before taking in a breath. “What’s wrong?” you breathed out, your eyes filling up with worry.

 

Seokmin took his time to stare at you again before forcing out a smile. He ruffled your hair and caressed the worried furrow of your brows away. “Nothing,” is all he said with his half-hearted smile painting his face again. “I just…” he trailed off completely and just shook his head.

 

He slowly put his hand down and looked away, setting his gaze on the vast ocean in front of you. You pouted. You’re definitely not convinced that this was just nothing. Really wanting him to talk about him so you can comfort him, you popped your head in his line of view. “You just what, Seokmin? What is it?”

 

Then there was silence. You’re voice wasn’t that soft so you’re sure he heard you but whatever it is that’s bothering him right now was probably something he didn’t want to talk about just yet. Seokmin was rarely ever silent. He always liked to talk to you too…

 

This must be something serious if he was this hesitant. Sighing, you sat back down properly and just let him be for a while. You kept your mouth shut and pulled your knees to your chest. You looked up at the night sky to admire the tiny dots of light again, waiting for him to speak, enjoying the tranquility around you.

 

“ it,” he unexpectedly said after a few minutes of staying silent. You snapped your head towards him in surprise and blinked. He turned to face you and took both your hands in his, looking straight into your eyes.

 

He stared at you so deeply that you felt shy all of a sudden. It was so intense. It felt as though he was staring into your soul. You stared back, trying not to waver but you ended up blushing still. When he saw that, he gradually smiled. He was rubbing the back your hands with his thumbs, looking like he had something rather important to say.

 

You were about to ask him what it was but he beat you to it. “I know you’re dealing with something right now…” he started. “I most definitely don’t want to cause you anymore problems but… I think I should at least let you know this.” You didn’t speak and patiently waited for him to continue.

 

Seokmin seemed a little nervous. He was gripping your hands rather tightly, as if he was doing so to gain some strength to say whatever it is that he had to say. “I know you still love Wonwoo… You’re still healing— and— you need time—”

 

He kept pausing as if he was thinking hard and was very cautious about the words that were going to come out of his mouth. That and how he was already nervous to begin with started to rub off on you somehow. You were dying to know what the hell this was about but tried your hardest to remain calm and be patient.

 

When he’s collected himself, he squeezed your hands and said“—but I just want you to know that I’ve fallen in love with you.” Immediately, you froze. Your mind went completely blank and you felt as though you’ve stopped breathing. Did you hear that right? Did he just say that he…

 

I love you. So, so much,” he continued to say. His eyes soft, sparkling as they reflected the light the moon gave you. You felt the sincerity in his tone, in his words and in the way he looked at you. You didn’t know how you were going to react to this. It was a little too overwhelming.

 

“Seok…” was all that you managed to say after a while of just staring at him. The boy rubbed at your hands again to calm you down. He laughed awkwardly and dropped his eyes for second. “I-I’m just saying, okay? I can’t hold it in anymore… I really do love you and I feel like I’m going to just explode if I don’t tell you…”

 

You exhaled softly and shut your eyes for a moment to process what the hell was going on. Then slowly, you opened them back up and stared at him. He looked like he was losing whatever’s left of his confidence. “But…” you trailed off, nibbling at your bottom lip. “We haven’t even known each other for that long, Seok…” He shook his head, slowly breaking into a faint smile.

 

 “It’s not about how long I’ve known you.” He looked away for a moment with his brows slightly pinched as if he was trying to explain to himself too. “It’s… just the way you make me feel, you know?” he continued to say as he looked into your eyes again.

 

“I love seeing you every day. When I don’t, my day’s not complete. I love making you laugh because your laugh is ing adorable. I love making you smile because you look the most beautiful smiling. I even love just hearing you talk, just hearing the sound of you breathing even.” He chuckled rather shyly and looked down briefly.

 

“I love how your mind works, the perspective you have of life and how you make me realize so many things…” He tugged his lips into a lopsided and embarrassed grin, shrugging. “I don’t know… my heart beats differently when it’s you. I feel like… I couldn’t breathe sometimes.” He chuckled yet again, even reaching up to sheepishly rub the back of his neck feeling so self-conscious and vulnerable right now.

 

He was going to say more, afraid that he’d lose his momentum but then, you suddenly started crying. Seokmin’s gasped, his eyes wide with panic. He held your face as gently as he could and desperately wiped your tears away. “Why are you crying? D-Did I say something wrong?” he frantically asked as he tried to make you look at him.

 

The emotions you felt at the moment were just too much for you. There was so much going on in your head and in your heart that somehow, you just ended up bursting like this. You didn’t even notice how your vision blurred or the stinging in your eyes. You didn’t mean to worry him but you just couldn’t help it.

 

You shook your head and just wrapped your arms around him. He hugged you back automatically, shushing you and rubbing your back. “I’m crying—” you hiccupped. “I-I’m crying because I-I want to love you back…” You felt Seokmin stiffen for a split second. “But you can’t…” he continued for you, chuckling a little bitterly. He continued rubbed your back again and sadly mumbled, “I know that.”

 

 

Everything was pretty much a blur after your little break down. It was kind of embarrassing for you that Seokmin had to take care of you after he just professed his love for you. He never fails to amaze you. Even if he knew you couldn’t reciprocate it, he still told you and then he had to comfort you instead of himself. You felt so bad. You have basically rejected him twice now…

 

You two ended up sleeping together inside the tent after you finally stopped crying. You couldn’t care less anymore if it was your first time sharing the same sleeping space. Your crying drained you and Seokmin was exhausted too. Even if you had a thick blanket over your body, you still snuggled against him for warmth.

 

He was hugging you to sleep and honestly speaking, being in his warm embrace helped you sleep much, much better. In the morning, Seokmin was beyond ecstatic waking up next to you. You remembered opening your eyes and seeing him goofily smile at your sleeping figure.

 

He automatically got flustered when he realized he’d been caught. He tried to play it cool by softly greeting you good morning while you flashed him a sleepy smile in response. You reached your hand out to caress his smooth cheek, finally greeting him back. You felt Seokmin’s face heat up almost instantly under your fingertips, the goofy smile he wore moments ago appearing on his face again.

 

Sadly, right after eating breakfast, you two had to leave because you still have a lot of school work waiting for you at home. You had to go back to your miserable reality but at least you got to take your mind off of things for a while and spend some time with the person who’s been making you the happiest these days.

 

“I wasn’t supposed to make you cry…” Seokmin mumbled as you both stopped at your door. You were about to go inside but he still badly wanted to apologize before leaving. “I’m really sorry. I took you there to cheer you up and help you relax but…” he trailed off, pouting a little as he looked down at his feet in guilt.

 

Seeing that, you couldn’t help but stretch your lips into a smile of endearment. You cupped his cheek and made him look up. You searched his sparkling eyes as you said, “You’ve been making me happy every single day since we met, Seok. You don’t have to be sorry. For anything, okay?”

 

Seokmin immediately softened at your touch and at your words. His ears turned red right before your eyes, his face warming up. You giggled at his cuteness, pinching his cheek before letting go.  Flustered, he wasn’t able to properly say goodbye anymore and you laughed at him clumsily tripping over his words like that.

 

“Okay, okay! I get it, Seok. Good bye,” you chuckled, lightly pushing him and gesturing him to go with your hands. He sheepishly scratched his head before waving at you. He was about to turn around and finally leave but then, with your bottom lip caught between your teeth, you grabbed his sleeve.

 

He paused immediately and turned to you again. Before he could say anything though, you quickly tipped toed a tiny bit and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. “Thank you…” you said softly, shyly as you pulled away. “…for everything.”

 

For a split second, the shock on his face was evident but Seokmin wasn’t able to control his obnoxiously wide smile for long. He waved at you like an idiot as he walked backwards going to the elevator. He almost bumped into someone because of it but he didn’t even seem to notice. You shook your head and just laughed, giving him a final wave of goodbye before finally going in.

 

Seokmin stepped into the elevator biting hard at his lower lip and clasping his hands together to contain himself. He wanted to just jump and dance around, scream at the top of his lungs or just go ing crazy but there were people inside the elevator with him so he tried his best to calm himself down.

 

He felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest or just burst at any moment, his cheeks were burning hot and his smile… he didn’t even know he could smile that wide. He was just so, so blissful at the moment. He got out of the elevator with a hop in his step, humming a happy tune to himself.

 

His day has been made. He thought and believed in his very core that nothing could ruin this day for him but then… he bumped into Wonwoo on his way out. He looked like he just got there. His hair was disheveled, his eyes looked heavy with sleep and he just didn’t look so good today.

 

The smile on Seokmin’s face fell almost immediately when their eyes met. Wonwoo tried to flash him a friendly smile but he couldn’t force one out even if he tried. “You guys just got back?” he said, his hoarse voice low and intimidating.

 

Awkwardly, Seokmin nodded. “Great… thanks for taking her home safely.” He finally managed to plaster the fakest of smiles on his face but the moment he turned away, he was quick to drop it. Wonwoo jogged up the steps without saying anything anymore and quickly entered the building.

 

He looked calm on the outside but he was most definitely not in the inside. He wanted to break Seokmin’s nose the moment he saw the bastard. He looked too happy for his own good. He wanted to wipe that stupid grin off his face and just beat him less but of course he couldn’t do that. He didn’t want to cause a scene outside. 

 

Apparently, Mingyu and Hansol knew about Seokmin’s plan to surprise you.  It had been so long since they talked to Seokmin but when they finally did get in contact with each other again, you were all that they talked about. They knew how much he liked you and even encouraged him to actually ask you to be his girlfriend.

 

Of course, with the situation you were in right now, Seokmin said he couldn’t do that. The two still didn’t know about you and Wonwoo after all and he obviously couldn’t tell them so they kept encouraging Seokmin to at least confess to you. 

 

At first, he was very hesitant about the suggestion. He felt like there was basically no point in telling you he loved you but the opportunity came and he just went for it. Early in the morning, when he woke up before you did and saw you sleeping next to him looking angelic and breathtaking, he couldn’t help but excitedly tell the guys about it.

 

Despite their friendship with Wonwoo, Hansol and Mingyu decided to leave him out of this because they knew he wasn’t in favor of you two. But, as fate played its tricks, Wonwoo found out about it anyway. He crashed at Mingyu’s place last night after their drinking session and he read their messages. All of them.

 

At that very moment, when he put Mingyu’s phone down and stared at his two very close friends passed out in the living room, he didn’t exactly know what to feel. There were many other things rushing through his mind but the feeling of utter betrayal and pure anger was all too overpowering for him to ignore.

 

He was burning in the inside and what else was he going to do other than to go to you? He kept telling himself he was going to calmly talk to you about this and warn you about Seokmin but with how pissed he actually is right now, he might not be able to do exactly that.

 

Once he was in front of your door, he knocked even if he knew the passcode. He wasn’t sure if he was actually ready to face you yet or if you were ready to face him but he just felt like he had to do something to put a stop to all of this once and for all, even if it meant this premature meeting in the middle of your messy situation.

 

You just finished making yourself coffee when you heard the knock on your door. “Coming!” you hollered cheerfully at the person waiting outside. You didn’t think much about who it could be. You were just in too much of a good mood to even care. You couldn’t even stop yourself from smiling but the moment you opened the door, your smile quickly flattened.

 

Your eyes grew wide, shocked to see Wonwoo outside your doorstep. Out of all the people you could think of to be visiting you right now, he definitely isn’t one of them. Tentatively, he said hello to you. He tried to give you a smile too but he couldn’t seem to do it.

 

You felt your heart clench almost immediately. You were so happy just moments ago and now this dickhead was going to spoil your mood. You wanted to slam the door shut in his face but you decided against it. You’re not a ing monster like he is after all.

 

Sighing, you hesitantly opened the door wider and told him to come in. “What are you doing here?” you asked quietly and he frowned. “I wanted to visit my best friend,” he said, pouting a little. You didn’t say anything until you both made it to your living room.  “What for?” is your belated reply.

 

The two of you just stood there, with Wonwoo staring at you while you tried hard to avoid his eyes. It took a few beats of silence before he said anything. “I miss you…” he whispered. He stepped closer, slowly lifting his arms to hug you but you quickly dodged his attempt and sat down on the couch instead. You looked at him briefly, murmuring that he too should take a seat.

 

Wonwoo didn’t move from his spot though. He only stood there, becoming silent again. His hands were balled into fists at either sides of him and you could tell that he was trying to hold in his growing anger. That made warning bells sound out in your head. You didn’t like this at all. You knew where this was going but before you could do anything about it, you heard him scoff.

 

“I guess you forgot all about me since you have Seokmin now.” He turned at you with a slight glare and you responded to it with a roll of your eyes. Here Wonwoo was again, acting like a jerk and letting his anger get the best of him. You didn’t want to fight but at rate he was going, you just might. You let out an exasperated sigh.

 

“I really don’t know what you want from me, Wonwoo… I thought we talked about this.” You got up from your couch, about to go to your room and ing leave him there for all you care but then he pulled your arm and turned you around.

 

“I know… but I’m still your best friend, aren’t I? I still care about you a lot and am worried over you.” He was holding your face in his hands, trying to make you look at him but you refused to. He called your name out softly, pleadingly almost.

 

“I don’t want you hanging out with Seokmin anymore.” You gave him an incredulous look, being caught off guard by how demandingly he just said that. “Whatever it is that you have between you two, you should end it as early as now.” You blinked several times, both dumbfounded and irritated.

 

“What?” you muttered, slowly seething with rage. “Where did that even come from? Since when does being my best friend give you the right to dictate my life?” Your voice went up higher than you intended it to but Wonwoo was really talking bull right now and you weren’t having any of it.

 

“I’m trying to warn you,” he quickly said in his defense. “I don’t want anything to happen to you.” You swatted his hands off your face aggressively. “And nothing will! Seokmin is taking good care of me so there is absolutely no need to worry about me.” He scoffed yet again, ticking you off even more.

 

He tried to get a hold of you again but you stepped back away from him. His jaw slightly dropped from what you just did but he was quick catch himself and act like that didn’t affect him. “Please don’t be dumb. Don’t fall for his tricks like that! I know how guys think.”

 

The audacity Wonwoo has to be saying such a thing really triggered you. You crossed your arms and chuckled sarcastically at him.  “Really now? Why? Does he want me to be his buddy too like you? Is that what you’re trying to warn me about, Wonwoo? Not to fall for the same trick twice?”

 

You saw his composure break for a second, completely taken aback. His brows furrowed and called your name softly. “That’s not… Why would— No, that’s not what I think of you,” he tried to convince you, reaching out to hold your hand but you kept it behind your back.

 

You looked off to the side as you felt a familiar stinging in your eyes. You bit down hard on your quivering lip before taking a deep, shaky breath. “But that’s what you made me feel,” you muttered through gritted teeth.

 

Wonwoo was left speechless. He felt like he lost strength to hold himself up. His chest was squeezed painfully and all that anger inside him disappeared as fast as it came. He couldn’t even look at you anymore. Your tears were b in your eyes and you clenched your teeth hard to try and hold it in. You didn’t want him to see you crying again. You didn’t want to be pathetic anymore.  

 

“I’m honestly so sick and tired of this...” you murmured, running a hand over your hair in a frustrated manner. He could feel your exhaustion even in your tone. He could see it in your glassy eyes. Your lip was quivering worse than before now.

 

You stared at your best friend for a moment, slowly hugging yourself to find comfort. You see him as he is, Jeon Wonwoo, the person who’s been with you through thick and thin for years and yet… he doesn’t seem like himself at all.

 

You two fought have before. What’s a strong friendship if you haven’t gotten through that and learned from it, right? He obviously had gotten mad at you too but this was way too different from before. Wonwoo didn’t like raising his voice at you. Wonwoo didn’t like saying hurtful things to you. Where was that Wonwoo now? Where was your Wonwoo?

 

“It’s like…” Your voice cracked a tiny bit. “…it’s like I don’t know you anymore, Wonwoo,” you whispered, shaking your head in disappointment. “I don’t understand…” When Wonwoo in a breath, his chest felt all too heavy. He didn’t think it’d be possible to feel even more pain than he’s already feeling right now.

 

Wonwoo honestly didn’t know what was wrong with him either. He doesn’t understand himself anymore either. It’s true, all of this isn’t like him but just he doesn’t what to do or how to even fix this. All he managed to do was say your name in a quiet and broken tone. He said it like a desperate plea.

 

He didn’t know what else to say but quite frankly, you didn’t want to hear anything from him anymore either.  You both stood there in agonizing silence. You were suddenly exhausted and stressed all over again. It wasn’t even noon yet.

 

Heavy… your heart felt so heavy. You couldn’t even tell Wonwoo to ing leave already. But this time, it seemed like you didn’t have to. With his head down, he slowly stepped back away from you, going further and further. “I’m sorry…” was the last thing you heard from him before he turned around and left.

 


 

| Author’s Note |

I hate myself for writing this :)

Are their fights like a menstrual cycle? Happening every month or so? LMAO

Two Things: 1.) Seokmin deserves better and 2.) Wonwoo is effed up

LOL, what is his deal?!

As always, leave your thoughts in the comments! Would love to read them <333

 

OH! And before I go, buckle up for the next chapter. It’ll be a bumpy one :D