The Audition

Forgotten Past

First Person POV

(Doorbell Rang..)

“Annyeong Haseyo, omma!” I said as Mrs. Cho opened the door.

“Hyun ae-yah! What brought you here?” she said. She’s the mother of my stupid bestfriend I talked about earlier.

“Kyu oppa and I have an audition today at SM Entertainment today,” I answered and came in.

“Audition?! At SM Entertainment?!”

“Yeah. It seems like he forgot to tell you about it. By the way, is he still dreaming?” I asked and walked towards the door.

“I don’t know. Maybe.”

Then, I went upstairs.

When I opened the door, I took a deep sigh because I saw him lying in bed and still sleeping. “When will you learn to wake up early?!” I murmured.

I sat down beside him and said, “Aigoo~!! Oppa!! Wake up! We’ll be late!”

“Would you shut your mouth? You’re too noisy! Can’t you see that I’m sleeping?!!”

“SHUT UP?! Don’t tell me you forgot that we have an AUDITION today?”

He suddenly got up and said, “AUDITION?!!”

“Yeah. Haha! As I thought! You forgot it.”

He got his clothes in his closet and took a shower.

While he was taking a bath, I noticed a picture frame beside his lampshade. I looked at it and grinned as I realized that it was us two years ago.
The memories we made suddenly flashed back in my mind. We’ve been friends for about 5 years.

I remembered how we first met. It was on a singing contest in our town. To be honest, we were not close at that time. But eventually, we got close because in every contest I joined, he was also a contestant. We were always competitors. And unfortunately, he always beat me. But there was no doubt, he was better than me, I already accepted that fact.

I snapped back into the present when he walked out the bathroom. He dressed himself up and we immediately left.

While we were in the car, I suddenly felt nervous. I thought that oppa noticed it. He held my hand and said, “Yah! Your hand is cold as an ice. You’re nervous, right?”

“H-huh? Of course not!” I exclaimed and withdrew my hand.

“Well, it’s normal. Especially, we both know that I’m the one that they will pick,” he said boastfully. I just ignored him even if it was kinda embarrassing.

When we arrived there, my heart beat faster and I was so nervous. My knees were shaking. My hands were cold. I couldn’t walk properly, too.

Then, he suddenly stopped walking and faced me. “W-why?” I asked him with a nervous voice. I couldn’t help it. This was the first time that I felt this nervous.

 He was just looking at me. I asked him again, “Why?”

He smiled and said, “Don’t get so nervous, okay? I know you’re not that type of person. We’ll be the next superstars. We can do it!”

My tears started to fall when he said that. Even if we were always teasing each other and always fighting, he was really a good friend. I was so lucky to have a best friend like him.

He wiped the tears off of my cheeks and said, “Fighting?”

“FIGHTING!!” I answered.

We sang our favorite song — a whole new world.

Yes, we sang together. And it seemed that the judges liked us.

They told us to wait for them to call to confirm if we passed or not.