EIGHT

SOMEONE ELSE'S

NEW YORK

“Not now mom. I'm not in the mood.” Jackson

“Why? You look happy in the picture.” Mrs Wang

“Picture? What picture?” Jackson

“Well apparently some paparazzi took a few pictures of your date last night and I can see how happy you look.Both of you look so pleased. Well there is a few picture that really look questionable for me. I mean scandalized.” Mrs Wang

“What mom?” Jackson voice strain

“Well if you insist to watch here.” Mrs Wang tossed him the ipad.

Jackson took the ipad and read the title from the news from the tabloid.

EMPIRE WANG HEIR AND PARK OIL AND GAS DAUGHTER TYCON ARE DATING?

The news is about their date last night and a few picture but the one who shocked Jackson is the kissing picture and the next picture of them that look like Jihyo giving a at Jackson. Well the picture is not clear but the memory is.

Jackson really hated his mom for planning the date at the place that he cant get away from. He was waiting for Jihyo to arrive and was being so bored. Jackson take a safe step to contact Jaebeom rarely so his mom will never knew where Jaebeom is. The downside is he feeling really lonely without Jaebeom and when Jackson is lonely his devil side will come out. He was just with some of his ‘flings’ the other night having a little fun.

Jackson hated his other side. His real self. He is just a guy who cant help or restrain himself of being . He love making out even since he was a teenagers. He has done with a lot of people (with safety he don’t want to die young) until he meet Jaebeom. Well before he have with Jaebeom he occasionally had a few make out session with others even when he were courting Jaebeom.

Don’t think he is cruel.

Jackson love Jaebeom but he love too. He just cant stop himself but after he make out with Jaebeom he finally stay and one person only, he only stick to Jaebeom and Jaebeom help him a lot to forget about thinking about 24/7 even when Jaebeom did not realize it.

But he is just a human being and he stay almost 2 weeks without having then a drunk mistake change everything.

He woke up one day at a hotel while his is still inside some girl. Jackson feel so nauseous for a second. He feel so guilty that he wanted to confessed to Jaebeom right away but just thinking about losing Jaebeom his mind can’t take it.

He tried to stay clean without having any but alas he cant say no to all the temptation from his old ‘flings’. He feel like a jerk and its make him contact Jaebeom less and less.

Last night, the date with Jihyo feel refreshed after the said girl give him a few incredible s. But his heart strongly believe that he love Jaebeom and only Jaebeom.

“Jackson?” Mrs Wang

“You plan this right mom?” Jackson

“What?” Mrs Wang

“I am just so curious why my old flings coming to me right after I came here. Mom you said you will not meddle with my life.” Jackson

“Jackson, I know you son. I am your mom. You are addicted with since way before. I am not ashamed about this because its your natural urge to someone. But do you think this Jaebeom guy will accept you?” Mrs Wang

“How do you know?” Jackson

“Well I am not a fool. A few search and picture I can conclude everything. Son, you are not smart enough to fool me.” Mrs Wang

“I love him mom! Don’t you dare lay a finger at him.” Jackson

“Do you see me doing anything to him? No right? I am not that kind of person. I just want you to realize you will never be happy with him.” Mrs Wang

“You seriously think I will be happy with Jihyo?” Jackson

“Yeah.” Mrs Wang

“But how?” Jackson

“She is exactly the same as you. Do you guy thinks we did not do any background research before we arrange this idea? She is also has the natural urge just like you. It’s a perfect match and we will also gain other things. Its really a good idea to pair you up.” Mrs Wang

“Mom? Do you listen what you just said?” Jackson

Mrs Wang smile and get up.

“I know you will not agree with my plan but remember its my way and my way only. Remember son, you still can get together with the other guy. I am sure Jihyo will not mind at all.” Mrs Wang

Jackson let out a big sigh.

He straight away book a plane ticket to Korea. He just cant stay here when he knows his mom gonna plan something.

Sometime he hated being a Wang, but he definitely hate himself who just cant stop sticking his inside his own pants. He really want to change for the better, for Jaebeom also for his own happiness.

 

SEOUL

Jaebeom trying to find something to do when suddenly his mother call him and asking him to help her buy some groceries.

So now he is inside a grocery mart trying to find some red pepper paste. He was amazed at how the usual gloomy mart he usually go for when he is a child suddenly become bigger and more efficient.

He wonder along the spices isle.

Jaebeom always thinking how different grocery mart at New York and at Seoul. Well of course its different but Jaebeom cant shake the familiar feeling such as he always bump into a family buying things together or couple going through their shopping list together.

Jaebeom loves going groceries shopping, he like to list out the things he wanted to buy or buy things that already finished. He loved doing something like that. Its always a happy occasion whenever he went for grocery shopping.

Jaebeom suddenly remember the past when both him and Jinyoung just finished their study and just started working (Jinyoung is the only one working) and he always sneakily grab something from his parents house because they don’t have enough money to buy grocery. They rent a little studio room that included everything with a cheap price but with only Jinyoung working while Jaebeom trying his best to write. Jaebeom feel so sorry and started working part time. They stay like that for more than 2 years until Jinyoung got promoted.

Their lifestyle also changing after Jinyoung got more money. Jaebeom now still working just to spent his free time because Jinyoung become more busy. But Jinyoung still stay the same. He keep sending flower whenever he need to do overtime. Still treats Jaebeom with tender and never ever make Jaebeom feels lonely.

Jaebeom realize from his middle daydream about his past when someone ask him if he needed some help.

Jaebeom bow to the girl and asking where he can find the red pepper paste and thank her after she show the place.

Jaebeom just shake his head.

Jaebeom trying to find some olive oil when he stubble into a sweets isle and found Jackson favorite candy. He just smile and take a few packets.

He remembered the last time they went to groceries shopping together well Jackson the one who keep bothering Jaebeom to bring him. Jaebeom agree after a list of promises.

Jackson is like a child.

He keep asking Jaebeom wether he can buy this or not or whether this is necessary to buy when he can buy all the thing online and keep making excuses that make Jaebeom sigh and threaten him if he did not shut up Jaebeom definitely gonna leave him alone.

Jackson make a few noisy while saying he is the one who drive Jaebeom here.

They continue the shopping until Jackson beg Jaebeom to go back home.

Jaebeom just chukle when he remember how childish Jackson is. He is always the reason Jaebeom had a good laugh.

Then it hits Jaebeom, he never went for a grocery shopping with Jinyoung. Jinyoung hated going shopping, too much hassle he said. Maybe this is a sign.

Jackson is the one for him. Yeah Jaebeom knows a few days ago he kinda not in the right mind when he has a few doubt about Jackson. Well one of the reason is because Jackson still do not say anything about his family. I mean even his parents subtly asking about them whenever they can.

Well to be fair both Jinyoung and his parents is already known each other so yeah Jaebeom's parents also want to know their future in laws.

Jaebeom pay everything and go straight to his car. He was walking alone to get to his car when he suddenly heard a loud screeching coming towards him and he can saw a black car coming toward him with full on speed.

Jaebeom panic but luckily he think straight and avoid the car. All his things were flew away after he accidentally let go of the bags.

Jaebeom took a deep breathe. He cussed the driver and picking up his things. Jaebeom shaking a little bit but he calm himself and drove his car to his house.

 

 

Jinyoung having a day off after a few day he handle the case that is quite easy at the first look but have a lot of s underneath that he need to solve so his client will win the case.

Jinyoung just having a lazy day after he done his laundry he watches some varieties show while eating his last night dinner take out.

Sound pathetic but he really love his me time. He rarely went out with his friend or colleagues because its hard to find someone with the same hobby like him. He like quiet things, reading or just watching movies.

Now after binge watching his favorite varieties show, Jinyoung decided to haul his reading room who supposed to be his library but now is full of boxes and a few things. He just moved out from the studio room 2 years ago and until now he still did not unpacked a few boxes.

He look inside the room and instantly he wanted to change the plan but he knows if he don’t do it today this room will stay the same until his next day off that maybe will take a few more month.

He open one big box and look inside. There laid his old laws book that he used in his university and a few books about his major. He took out a few of it and started arrange it at his large and abandon book cabinet after he done cleaning all the dust.

The second box consist his own extra clothes or  old t shirt that he knows he will not wear again so he close and tape the box and write donate on top of the box. He can donate this box at the city center.

He make sure he finished open and rearrange things inside the room then he saw a box that he not sure what inside the box. There is not a label like his other boxes.

Jinyoung open the box and found a few Jaebeom’s thing that he found at their old studio room. There is Jaebeom’s old sweat shirt that he found under the bed. Jaebeom love the sweat shirt because it’s the one Jinyoung give him on his 17th birhtday. Jaebeom maybe don’t realize that miss placed the sweat shirt. Then there is Jaebeom’s old note book that he found littering around his living room/kitchen. This is Jaebeom’s notebook that he love to write or sketch a new idea when he is still in high school.

Jinyoung open the notebook and the first page inside the book is a heart with his and Jaebeom’s name. Jaebeom never give him permission to read this or his other notebook because its stupid Jaebeom said.

Jinyoung caress the first page and turn to the next page.

Just like Jaebeom said its stupid.

The second page is full with Jinyoung name with different style of writing but every name has this little heart shape at the end and a few words that has no correlation at all.

The next page is a few notes about how Jinyoung look handsome in his uniform especially after lunch because at that time he will loosen his tie and Jaebeom love to peek on his neckline. Sometime Jinyoung like to tease Jaebeom and see his blushing face when he realize Jinyoung just playing with him.

He go through the notebook and find how cute Jaebeom describe his day or even when he just draw a few little things. But one thing Jinyoung realize at every end of the page there is a little small writing jinyoung and jaebeom forever. Sometimes its at the end of the right corner or the left one or sometimes its at the top but there is always that little note and Jinyoung can feel all the hope that teenager Jaebeom wrote. Jaebeom really want them to stay with each other until the end.

Jinyoung just smile a little but his heart feels things that he forget. The small lingering feels that always hope Jaebeom will be his.

Jinyoung shakes his heads.

No.

This cannot happen.

Jaebeom is happy right now and I will not ruin it because of my stupid lingering feelings.

I don’t have any feeling towards him anymore.

No more.

Not at all.

Liar.

You are a liar and a coward Park Jinyoung.

Jinyoung spend all his entire off day after cleaning the reading room with reading Jaebeom ugly written notebook. Jinyoung still don’t know how Jaebeom survive while writing because he had one of the worst writing he had ever seen.

Jinyoung really wanted to let go all his feeling towards Jaebeom, he do not want to be the reason Jaebeom become sad or cry again.

Jinyoung trying his hardest to not call or message Jaebeom. He don’t want to be the clingy ex lover.

But after reading Jaebeom’s notebook and looking at his old sweat shirt he now has a mixed  feelings. Jinyoung don’t know if he want Jaebeom or wanted to see Jaebeom being happy. Jinyoung love seeing Jaebeom being so happy with Jackson but he knows deep inside his heart he wanted to be the one that make Jaebeom happy.

Does he?

Yes he do!

Jinyoung don’t want to lie to his own feelings.

The truth is the day he meet Jaebeom on his engagement party, his heart already make a few heartbeat. The kind of heartbeat when he realize he love Jaebeom at the age of 15.

 

FLASHBACK WHEN JJP IS 15 YEARS OLD.

Today is valentine day, Jinyoung don’t know who started the tradiition but his family will go and have a dinner with Jaebeom’s family. Last year it was held at his house but this year its gonna be at Jaebeom’s house.

Jinyoung hated it.

No he does not hate going to his friend house. He loved it. But he really feel anxious whenever Mrs Lim will boast at his mom how many chocolate Jaebeom got this year. Last year he almost get around 20 chocolates and its from different girls. Well, Jinyoung also get a lot last year but this year he decline nicely to all the girls.

He don’t know why he do that.

He is still single and available.

Well he has a few crushes but it just a crush. He don’t know why after their last holiday together with the Lims Jinyoung kinda have a diifferent feeling toward his friend?

Not to be gross because he already known Jaebeom since they were a kindegarten.

But, Jaebeom changes. The last holiday they did not even share the same bed. I mean they still stay in the same room but 2 single bed?

Nonsense.

They always share the bed and taking a bath together or change their clothes without going to the toilet. But the last holiday Jaebeom suddenly become shy? I don’t know how to explain.

Now its been more that a few months after we had our holiday together and even we still call each other but its been a while after we saw each other. So Jinyoung was so eager to meet his friend and when he arrive at Lim’s house he was quite disappointed when the one that open the door is Mrs Lim and not his friend like usual.

“Where is Jaebeom?” the first thing Jinyoung ask when he see Mrs Lim

“Hello Jinyoung, so eager huh? Sorry but Jaebeom still upstairs. I don’t know why it takes him a lot of time to prepare himself.” Mrs Lim said while chuckle thinking about his only son.

“Sorry aunty. I mean how are you?” Jinyoung said while bowing with his flushed face.

“Its fine. I am so fine Jinyoung. Happy! Estatic even.” Mrs Lim

“How rude am I? Come in, come in. Make yourself comfy while I look around the kitchen. Uncle probably at the back. Gonna call him soon.” Mrs Lim

“Let us help you aunty.” Joohyun

Mrs Lim just nodded and usher Jinyoung’s mom and his sister to the kitchen while Jinyoung and his father patiently waiting at the cozy living room.

Jinyoung were reading some magazine when he heard someone walking down the stairs. Without even looking Jinyoung already know its Jaebeom because Jinyoung know the way Jaebeom walking down the stairs but he still look at the stairs and he gasp.

The one that walking down the stairs is not his friend but someone with a black shirt tugged in inside his black slack and the hair. Jaebeom usual messy hair is now comb and gel nicely and Jinyoung can see Jaebeom’s forehead.

Jaebeom smiling at him with his biggest grin ever.

“Jinyoung ah!!! Its been a long time we see each other.” Jaebeom

“Huh? Ah yeahh…Yes.” Jinyoung feel stupid when he cant even said a proper words.

He don’t know why but looking at Jaebeom like this make his stomach feels the butterfly and his heartbeat also pound loudly. He is pretty sure Jaebeom can hear it because Jaebeom still grinning his stupid grin and still look so handsome.

“Jaebeom ah! You look so handsome. Uncle don’t recognize you when you dress up like this.” Mr Park

“Thank you uncle.” Jaebeom

Mr Park keep staring and throwing praises about Jaebeom’s look and Mrs Park also join him when she saw Jaebeom. Both of his parents were shocked because they never see Jaebeom like this.

“So what is the occasion? I am pretty sure you were not dress up for this dinner.” Mrs Park

They were eating when suddenly Jinyoung’s mom asking the question.

“Actually our Jaebeom has a date after this.” Mrs Lim

Jinyoung definitely not realize how loud his fork sound when he lose his grip while trying to pick the chicken in front of him.

All the heads turn towards him. Jinyoung shyly apologize and take his chicken.

“Really? Congratulations” Mrs Park

“Ah no, mommy don’t say like that. Actually aunty, I have some charity programme to attend.” Jaebeom clears his throat and even when he talking to Mrs Park he actually looking toward Jinyoung who seated beside him.

“But what kind of programme?” Mrs Lim urged Jaebeom to told their guest about the programme.

“Well a 10 minutes date with me and some other guys for only 5000 won.” Jaebeom

“Guessed what? Jaebeom has the most money collected so yeah he started today when the other guys started tomorrow. My son is so popular.” Mrs Lim squeeled.

Jaebeom just shake his head.

Jinyoung who suddenly interested with his chicken did not even spare a glance at Jaebeom. He don’t know why but he feel a little jealous towards all the student that pay to date with Jaebeom.

He wanted to do the same things too.

Jinyoung gasp.

Jinyoung just realized he had feeling towards his friend and with the realization he suddenly feel so shy seating beside Jaebeom who were pouting and trying to talk when Jinyoung just ignore him after Mrs Lim said the word DATES.

That night Jinyoung realize he had feeling towards his friend and not until next year that he confessed.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

 

TO BE CONTINUE