(YejixLia) ITZY

GIrlgroup short stories

a/n 
(153 words are a/n at the bottom, fyi)

To mistake is not always that bad

Three months ago I was just sitting on the couch at my friend Chaeryeong's house, eating some snacks a friend of her bought and watching the new episode of Hotel del Luna. We were five in total. Chaeryeong, Ryujin, Yuna, Yeji and me. I didn't know Yeji at that time. She was a new friend Chae met through her dance school and thought that we all might like her.
And oh we did.
She was adorable. Intimidating at first but right after she walked in you could see that she was a little shy around us. Nevertheless she hugged all of us and fished some snacks out of her bag. After that Yuna directly fell in love with her.
Chae came to me and wispered in my ear that Yeji insisted to bring some snacks and asked if we prefered something so she told her Yunas favorites.
I could feel how nervous she was and probably must have been the whole time till Yeji arrived. 
Chae and I went to the kitchen to prepare the snacks and something to drink. We could hear the others already messing around in the living room.
All of a sudden Ryujin screamed "NO WAY, you too?" which is very untipical for her. 
"I guess they just discovered what we're gonna watch today" Chae said, busy searching for a bowl. "What do you mean?" I didn't quite got her.
"You know Ryujins favorite series right know, right?" she asked me. "Yeah, sure. She never stops talking about it" Whenever someone askes about a recommendation for a series, Rujin can spend hours to convince you to watch Hotel del Luna. 
"Well" She found a bowl and filled the snacks in it, "Yeji too." 
And she was right. Just as we went back to the living room they all sat on the couch and passionately talked about the former episodes. 
"Hey Chae you know what?? We neeeeed to watch Hotel del Luna today! Is that okay?" Chearyeong smiled happily. Everything went as she planned. She's such a sweetheard. 
I looked at Yeji who didn't say anything since we were back. She sent me a shy smile and looked back at Yuna who enthusiastically thanked her -with full- for the food.
So there we were. Chilling on the couch watching a series I didn't really know but seemed interesting (the female CEO has catched my eye the most) and eating snacks in my diet time. Yuna, Ryujin and Yeji next to each other on the couch, busy between talking and shushing each other out when something happened. Plus me and Chae on the mattress, kind of seperated from them but closer to the sancks. Which is not profitable for my stomach. Eventhough everyone keeps saying that I sould eat more. Chae isn't even a big snack fan so eating them made me feel even weirder. 
She told me what had happened in the episode before and who everyone was called and so on. Everything you need to at least get the plot.
It especially helped to distract myself from the snacks but I still coundn't fully concentrate on what happened on the TV.
I catched myself looking at Yeji for far to long, multiple times.
The way she sat there staring at the screen, the only movement was her hand shoveling chips into . I can't really describe it but she had something catchy. Maybe her eyes?
In books or movies everyone keeps talking about the "ocean eyes" or "eyes you get lost in". I never quite understood what they meant by that.
Eyes are just eyes and the only thing you see are colors and your own reflection. 
But, like I maybe got it now? I mean I couldn't look into her eyes from my seat but...
They had something cat like. Yes that was it! The intimidating look from before came from her eyes. Her sharp cat like eyes. 
Chae waved her hand infront of me "Hey, are you still listening" she wispered, not to get the attention of the others. 
"Oh yea- yeah sure." I stuttered. "Okay then tell me, who's Choi Seohee?" She totally catched me of guard at that time.
I mumbled some stuff, I didn't even understood myself till she interrupted me with the words, "I knew it" and a small smile.
She fished out her phone and right when I thought she might be angry with me I felt a buzzing in my pocked. It was her. 

Chae 

So do I need to ask her or are you gonna do it by yourself?

-What do you mean? 

Your a little slow today
For her number of course.

-It's "You're" and WHAT?

Okay I'm just gonna put her in our gc is that okay? The others seem to like her

-uuh, sure

I'll ask her tomorrow

After that we just went back to watching the episode. And till we saw the credits we both didn't say a thing.
Since the others were busy discussing, Chae and I went to the kitchen again and cleaned the now empty bowls.
Suddenly Yeji walked in, "Hey Chae, quick question: where is your bathroom?"
She stood there in the doorway, smiling slightly seepishly and making impatient movements with her feet. "The one on this floor doesn't work right now, so you have to go upstairs, right, then lesft behind my sisters room, third door. As she turned around to dry her hands she saw Yejis face. She probably didn't pay any attention at all... or couldn't. Her smile got more and more embarrased. 
Chaeryeong laughed "Lia can you show her?" 
"Sure" I replied and walked past Yeji. As I turned around I saw Chae saying something to Yeji. To quiet for me to hear but just a glimse later Yeji jogged towards me with the words "sorry" and scraching the back of her head. 
We went upstairs and as we reached the bathroom she directly went inside with a small thank you and locked the door.
I guessed that she remembered the way back so I went to go but as I reached the stairs again I stopped. Wouldn't it be a little impolite? 
And since I also didn't want to wait infront of the bathroom (that would probably look a little weird) I sat on the top stair.
My head filled with the thought that this might be weird as well. She talked way more too Ryujin and Yuna. But why should she talk to me? I don't know anything about dramas at all so it's just normal. But... I wanna talk to her too.
And right in the middle of my smalltalk practise with the bug who was sitting on my knee (a pretty imolite bug. They never answeared!) I heared Yeji behind me, "Oh you didn't have to wait" she said kind of suprised. 
I jumped up way to fast so that my head was a little spinning. I didn't hear her coming. "I had to make sure that you come back savely or Yuna will cry" I laughed, trying to make the situation less awkward. She heared me right? She heared me talking to the bug. She probably didn't even saw the bug. 
Nice now she thinks I'm talking to my knee.
Luckily she laughed and commented, "Hey I'm not a fool" and right then stumbled over her feed but tried to disguise it as she leaned against the wall, crossing her arms.
She nodded to me, scrached her nose and slyly said in a deeper voice "Well, then let's go huh" and went downstairs.
I feel pathetic for kind of falling for her acting like that so I just laughed as we continued to go back.
At the last step she suddenly turned around, catching me of guard so that I almost run into her and now -since I'm one step above her- standing face to face. "Oh sorry I didn't want to scare you" she apologized sheepishly. "But I wanted to ask you something!" She now seemed pretty confident.
"Uuh I-" She interrupted me and said fast but now a little mumbling "Can I have your number?"
.
.
.

The next morning I woke up next to Chae on the mattress on the floor. Ryujin and Yuna each bought their sleeping bag with them and Yeji slept on the couch. She was already awake as I looked at her. She smiled to me but then kept on looking at her phone. I decided to do the same and just as I unlocked it I got a message.

Snackfool

Your cute when you sleep

I grinned. Probably like a total fool so I covered my face slightly with my blanket and rolled over to face the opposite direction.
Eventhough she made a spelling mistake it's still pretty cute. Like I don't really know but it made her less... less far away from me. More... more like she isn't fake. 
I interrupted my own thoughts and said to myself that it meant nothing. Just an expression with a bad spelling. But it still filled my heart with a warm feeling.

-no, *you're cute
.
.
.

And with that, we've been dating for amost three months now. 
Because of a spelling mistake.
I would have never been able too tell her that she is cute. Not at that time. 
So I was pretty lucky. For the early morning, the half closed eyes after you wake up, the small keyboard on ones phone and for Chaeryeong.
Because I know she told Yeji that she should ask me for my number.
I know you Chae.
...and Yeji told me.


.
.
.

a/n
...hay!
Is is okay like this? I dont really know its my first one and I'm just exited to share something so it isn't perfect at all. 
I got the idea of an "incorrect ____" account on Twitter. A: B texted me "Your cute" and I replied "no YOU'RE CUTE!"
                                                                                        C: so?
                                                                                        A: now we've been dating for three months because I corrected her typo

I know it would have fit more to a ship with a foreigner in it but since this is my first try I thought that I should make it with a ship I'm more "comfortable" with?! 
Maybe I'll write another one with a more suitable ship and improved writing skills heh

Uuuh it would be nice if you tell me what you think (if you find spelling mistakes you can let me know if you want)

Have a nice day, thank you for reading and bye bye^^