(YejixRyujin) ITZY

GIrlgroup short stories

a/n
(78 words at the end are a/n)
have fun~


Competitive Struggles

I'm cooler than that! 
I'm smarter than that!
It just doesn't work like that! It never does!
But it's always this way.
People try to help with words they would never use to themselves. 
'Just talk to them', 'you can do it' etc. oh and my personal favorite: 'it's easy' or 'it's not that hard'
Cause damn people what are you to say that??
It's like the hardest thing on the freaking earth! 
It's not like in the books or in the movies in which everything is perfect and happy and so on. That's just not possible.
I have an image to keep. And a heart to be intact. I need to funktion. And after the stuff I heard about getting dumped I don't think that I could work anymore.
Or where do they all think music comes from? All of the music on their 'sad playlist' comes from brocken hearts and I ain't want to feel that.
You hear me? Hwang Yeji, you hear me?

I sink down on the floor, leaning on the cold wall of the practice room of the dance studio. This studio never went to big competitions, especially not with kids or students. In fact, this way they have a good relationship to many sponsors because they built up an image as a big supporter for school and exam related stuff. My parents loved that and let me go here in order to let me practice my developing passion and still be sure I wouldn't be that distracted. 
Good idea but they didn't knew that I was actually pretty good. I'm in the highest ranking team in the whole company! 
And finally they singned us up to the regional dance competition and boom we made it to the quarter-final!
They say that we can definetly make it to the finals and I'm so ready for it. We all are.
I never thought about being distracted from dancing. School, yeah but dancing? Never!
Until... well until this quarter. 
We never actually met the other dancers nor did we watch them perform but from now on it's important to know how strong the other participants are. 
So -as the spies we are- we watched some videos we found on YouTube.
And one team took all of my attention. Actually one person. And I can tell you if they don't win here then I'll lose my believe in the ability of the jury to see!
She is amazing, breathtaking, incredible. There ain't words to describe her!
I repeatedly watched her and her team dance to 'New Rules' in bed when I couldn't sleep. It didn't help me tho. I hardly slept.
"Hey, you alright?" someone askes me. "Doesn't matter. Come on, pull yourself together we need to practice!" another voice 'sweetly' interrupts.
It was Heejin and Hyunjin. My teammates. As I look up I can see Heejin rolling her eyes but then forms a grin. "Actually isn't it time for lunch? I could swear I heard that someone of the younger ones birthday is today and that they bought a cake..." Hyunjin jumps up and excitedly hugs Heejin "Woa it's not even 11am yet. Pretty early... I like your way of thinking! Someone of the younger ones you said? I'm back in a second!" And with that she runs out of the room.
Our other teammates look to the door she disappeared and then in our direction confusedly. "S-she's right. Breaktime guys! The bus will probably be here around 1pm so make sure that you have everything you need" Heejin took the lead and sat down beside me.
"So?"
"Just didn't sleep much" I answer.
"Well maybe you can sleep in the bus. It's going to take a while till we arrive there." 
It's nothing.
I know that it's nothing.
It can't be anything.
I just saw her in a video.
I'm not that weak. 
The fact that I might see her already today is just....unreal. 
"Yeah I hope so. Are you going to share a room with Hyunjin?" I tried to change the subject and Heejin luckily took it. "Hm I think so..." 
.
.
.

As we arrived at the hostel we were going to stay during the rest of the competition, the sunset was alredy half down and the streetlights on.
We also met some other dancers who were busy checking in. 
All dancers were on the same floor which made it pretty easy for us to check how the others behave. Are they focused or nervous? Is it their first competition or are they used to it? What is their style? 
This was especially easy during mealtime. Which, by the way, is soon. Hyunjin told us as we unpacked our luggage and since she wanted to take a shower first and Heejin had to call her family that she arrived savely, I already went down to catch some fresh air. I'm still quite sleepy but need to focus on our little spy mission. So I put in my headphones to listen to some music and watched the sunset. Or what was left of it and I SWEAR just as 'new rules' came on this girl walked out the entrance.
I almost felt down the banister I just had sat down on. 
Her hair loose, wearing a black cap and with a mug in her hand, she sat down on the stairs. It is definetly her. Even though her cap blocks the slight streetlights to shine on her face and the sun is already set now, you can still see her features. I notice that I'm staring but it doesn't seems like she noticed me so it aint that much of a deal, righ-

*BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP* 
 


.
.
.
.

I'm lying on my back. Feet up, leaning on the banister I used to sit on. The weird loud sound still screaming through my head. It's everywhere. And it's loud. Freaking abnormally loud. 
And I see a light. Small but bright. Really bright. Not a nice combination. 
Is that the end? Amazing. I thought this would be more spectacular and... inviting.
But if heaven wants it this way... what am I to question that?
"You okay?" 
The sound of an... angel is calling me. At least they seem magical. 
"Hey? You hear me? Oh god what should I do?? heeey?"
Funny. They're asking god for help. Maybe it's a new angel. 
I feel a hand on my cheek. Actually a pretty nice feeling. *smack* 
"Oh SHOOT what kind of angel are you??" I sat up rubbing my cheek. I'm on the grass behind the banister and someone holds their phoneflashilight at my face. "What? Oh no I thought it would help. But you're alive, that's great! You must have fallen on your head tho! You are mumbling a lot of weird things. Please, please don't let it be a concussion!" The angelvoice talks waaay to much way to fast but at least it finally turns the light of.
"Come on I'll help you up. Lets go insite," the voice tries by lifting my arm over her shoulder, "Or is that even worse?" She loses the grip on my arm and I sink down again. "God, your angels need to do pass some kind of test next time. Imagine this novice with a frail grandma!" I moan in pain.
"Oh nonono I'm so sorry!" The voice crouches next to me, again slightly touching my cheek again. 
"It's okay, just help me up okay?" Just please don't slap me again. Maybe it's just her first time supporting someone on earth and is therefore nervous but that freaking hurt.
"Oh yeah, yeah sure" she helps me up and we walk to sit on the stairs. I close my eyes and try to concentrate. What did just happen?

I feel hands on my knees. As I open my eyes I see the girl sitting in front of me with a worried face. Oh shoot.
Don't faint! 
Don't scream!
You're stronger than that! 
Stay calm!
I close my eyes and took a deep breath, open them again and... she's still there. In dimmed light, now reaching out to touch my forehead. 
I shrink back.  
"Are you okay?" her voice is worried but... exactly like the one of the angel before. 
"Uh yeah." I need to go. That's not the way I wanted us to meet up for the first time. 
"Are you sure? I can help you! Do you want to go insite? Dinner is probably ready. What is your groups name? I can call them to get you if you like that more-" "It's okay" I stopped her babbling. Cute but not very helpfull right now. Just too much and loud like the sound before. The sound before... "Hey did you hear that too?" 
"The siren? Yes it came so suddenly. I can understand why you fell off the banister." she answered while checking my head, "But make sure to hold on tight next time".
"That explains a lot" I mumble and look down on my knees. i felt down the banister. Because if a siren. A SIMPLE SIREN MAN. And she saw it. AMAZING! God, you still there? Might I be able to take my words frome before back? Bright light is perfect for me! It's really inviting and all that-
She giggled a little, "You're mumbling again. I didn't even see you sitting there. I would have said hello or something but- nevermind you seem to be okay. I would still recommend you to go to the see a nurse" 
And with that I let her lead me to their nurse. Probably because I'm really not fully conscious but also because she doesn't seems like she would let me go alone.
Nothing against her holding me by my waist with my arm over her shoulder but... this is so embarrassing... I'm Ryujin. I have an image to keep.

 

a/n
....uuuhm I feel like this has the potential for another chapter but then it wouldn't be a one shot right? 
Does that even matter? 
I think I just want to write more so.... let me know if you want that too 
aaaaaand some suggestions for improvement as well as ideas for other characters and what ever you mind want you to write in that comment box thing

Have a nice day, night, in between 
bye bye