(YenaxYuri) IZ*ONE

GIrlgroup short stories

a/n 
125 words at the end are 'a/n'
Enjoy your stay here~


To err is human and sometimes pretty cute

"Can you please just stop for a second? I need you to do this stuff good friends do" Yena asks. Again. Like she did for almost the whole afternoon.
The duck and her friend went to her place after school to play some games on the new Switch they saved money for, for almost two years. (It would have been faster but a certain glutton kept on spending money on food!)
It was planned to be a great night full of junk food, fights and laughs. The only problem were classes at early morning the next day. But as if they care...
The only feeling they had was the feeling of achievement. Finally they had the game console of their dreams.
It went on perfectly well. At least for the anime nerd. Open bags of candy scattered throughout the room, she wins the third round of smash bros with her Cloud against Yenas Kerby and the night is still long. But even for the usually impassive girl, it would be better if a certain duck wasn't that down since after school.
Since nearly half an hour now, Yena is lying on the floor, her phone on her face, whining for attention. And Hyewon -the good friend she is- beating up some blue tektites in Zelda, munching on chips, not really paying attention to the crisis.
"Hyewoooon" She exclaims.
"What do good friends do then?" Hyewon doesn't even bothers to look away from the screen.
Yena kept on whining, now trying to block the others view with her legs wobbling infront of the TV.
Finally the munching girl pauses the game and glares at the duck. Not as sensitively as Yena was wishing for, but at least she has the attention now.
"What's your problem kiddo?"
"I don't knooowww-" *thudA pillow flew exactly at the whinning ones face.
"Thats exactly not what a good friend would do!" Yena jumps up throwing the pillow back at the owner. Sadly, it was catched and now held up as a shield as to protect her from her now slightly angry friend. She could beat Hyewon up of course. But apparently she seems to not be in the mood. So she sank down next to the, now fully on the chips bag interested, friend on her bed. Placing another pillow on her head. 
"Oh neat she hit you hard." Hyewon lies down as well, using her 'shield' as a pillow.
"Really funny" Yena mutters under her pillow.
"What?" Hyewon lifts up the pilolow of Yenas head "What did you say?" 
"Nothing"
She lets the pillow fall to it's place again and lets out a groan. "You're an idiot"

I might be. Yena thought. 

"You know, maybe you wouldn't be that... weird right now if you asked her for her number and not throwing yours at her."
"I didn't threw my number at her!" I corrected her misobservation.
"Sure, sure kiddo and you didn't stood up in the middle of class, causing your chair to almost fall over and apologized a thousand times. Not to mention that our classmates were not paying all their attention to you and the teacher didn't send you out after that." She continued in a obviously sarcastic tone.
But Yena didn't pay attention to that, "Correct". 
Hyewon could only let out a sight and layed down again.
.
.
.

Yena was hardly boxed at her right shoulder. "Whatcha doing man? That hurts" she hisses at her classmate. "Do that again and you ain't coming to my house later!"
"First, " She gulped on her bite she just took off her sandwich,  How did she sneak that into class? "I paid a good half of it and second, I just saved you from beeing seen as a total creep"
Yena was clueless. She was quite popular in school. Friends with a lot of people no matter the year they're in, never eating alone in the cafeteria and always ready to do something funny. Pranks are her passion. And though no one is save from her, the most take it with humor. She isn't a bad person. Just ready to make the boring school day a little more eventfull. 
"You were staring again" Hyewon wispers in Yenas ear and then quick sat as straight as she can because the teacher called her. Smoothly lettling her sandwich flop into her bag. She is an expert in hiding her food. As often as she carries it into class, there is not way of not learning it. 
Yena scratches her cheek and sends an embarrassed smile "Oh".
A few momets had passed as she felt another slap on her shoulder. She quickly acts as she would read her book. She can't help it. The girl who was usually sitting at the front, sat just one row ahead of Yena on the left side at the back today. Yena and Hyewon in the middle and next to them some other students. In conclusion: the best view Yena could get without beeing noticed.
"You're an idiot" 
"May I be. It's worth it" She said dreamingly, resting her head on her palms, again looking at the girl who was just asking the teacher about whatever task they had to do right now. Yena wasn't able to pay attention to that. 
"Just ask her out idiot. Either way you will just take advantages from it. If she says no, well then you're a looser but one with a switch! That makes you less of a looser but also I'll probably get less time to play since you would probably distract your sadnes with playing. Oh no... I can't let that happen..." Hyewon mumbles her last words fast and contiued eanthusiastically, "BUT, but if she says yes- well... I don't know what you'll do then but don't screw it up!" She continued rambling for a while till she noticed that her lovedrunk friend didn't pay any attention to her.
"Hey!" She hissed as loud as she could without attracting the attention of the class. She shakes the shoulders of her friend to finally get her attention. And she did. "What?" Yena pushes Hyewons arms away in annoyance. "Ask her out! Now!" 
With her glaring friend -she trusts a lot  to her own suprise- she rippes out a page of her block.
"What are you doing?" Hyewon asks, suprised at the sudden action. 
"What do you think? I'll give her my number" 
"Wha-" "Mrs. Choi and Mrs. Kang do you mind not doing your buisness in my class and rather pay attention now?" Their teacher suddenly called them out. 
Most faces were on them as they low their heads in apology. Yena noticed that one particular classmade had turned around to look at them as well.
Her student principal nametag showing. Jo Yuri. 
She looked at her with a sensitive expression. 
Yena shoot a quick apologetic smile and then faced her book. Shoot
"You're turning red" Hyewon wispers as quiet as possible. 
"Shut your mouth breadhead" 
The recipient of the insult just rolled her eyes and slides over a pencil. "Just write down you number. But don't try to flirt, you're bad at that" She lets out a small laugh and searches for another pencil to at least write down the date.
Yena pouts but swears that she'll pay her back when it's breaktime.
Though she feels more than just nervous, especially at the sudden attention of Yuri, she knows that this is something to get done with. 
Why am I even doing this? I can't just write my number here and don't add anything! Uuugh I just like her man what should I do-
She quickly writes down the words she just thought: 'I just like you'  and her number. She then folds it into a passable little ball and- stops.
Where should I throw it? She scanns the place Jo Yuri sat and finally found her target. Her bag is slightly zipped open. Perfect to let the note fall inside and be found... well hopefully pretty soon.
So she aims her target with way to much gestures, her arms spread widely. Sitting at the back has its advantages. Hyewon though, needed to duck her head unless Yena would have hit her. She can only look in amusement at her friends behavior. Fully aware that Yena isn't the best at throwing but it's her gametime agains Yenas "reputation". Futhermore if she would stop her now, the duck would probably complain the whole rest of the day.
Okay Yena aims again making sure her arm points directly at the open bag. Easy 
"YENA! What are you doing back there?" The teacher suddenly calls her and glares. Unsure of what to say. This is a weird girl. 
Yena, shocked at the sudden rise of the teachers voice. Threw her note.
She jumped up, hitting her knee on the table and almost cursing her chair to fall over. "Oh I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that wasn't intended I just wanted to-" 
"YENA. GO OUT. NOW." Ponting his finger at the door, the teacher glares angrily at his student. "And don't dare to come back in before I ask you to."
His reaction would probably not been so harsh if Yena would have apologized to him. 
Instead, she kept on bowig at Jo Yuri who turned around -like most students did- as the teacher paid all his attention to Yena. She was interested and afraid of what she did this time. Though she is pretty funny, she kept on not knowing her limits. But she was always really friendly to Yuri and even though she plays pranks to everyone, Yuri was never the target. 
Until this time. The note flew exactly at her forehead cursing her to drop her pencil in suprise. 
Yena, who was still bowing and stuttering words of apology, was now pushed by her friend Hyewon to leave the class. 
As she passed Yuri, she quickly picks up the pencil she droped and puts it on the owners desk. Then witout another push of Hyewon. She ran out of class. Head red, filled with embarrassement. I totally screwed that up.

The teacher didn't call for her. Not after 10 minutes. Not after 20. Yena sat on the floor next to the door and after 30 long minutes, class was over and the students stolled out. Within them Yuri. But Yena looked down directly after she recognised her face, playing with her soelaces.  
As their teacher walkes by Yena was about to stand up but was only faced with a sad smile until he went.
Hyewon came out last, telling her that she talked the teacher into letting it slide because Yena is having a pretty hard time right now since her favorite goldfish died. 
"Really? The whole universe of excuses is open for you and you choose a dead fish?" Yena groans in annoyance at her unimaginative partner in crime. That's not what she taught her.
"Yes" Hyewon said with a simple shrug leaning agains the wall. "Cause, you know, it's just that our oh so stern teacher brags about his aquarium whenever he has the chance. Especially to his colleagues. Plus his favorite fish is as simple as it sounds, a goldfish." 
"Did I told you that I love you Hyewon?" Yena asks in amazement. Looking up at her with wide open. 
"I hear that a lot, yes"
.
.
.

She feels the weight on the bed lighten and as she locked up she saw Hyewon on her phone. Wait.... she thought that ain't her phone. Hers is black with different kinds of sushi printed on it... That is- "DUDE WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"  The duck throws herself of the bed, with the intention to grap her phone out of Hyewons fingers but... failed miserably. She simply doged to the side and let the kid hug the ground. Ducklings aren't made for flying. 
"Get your greasy hands off MY phone!" Yena tries to sound intimidating. But for that she should probably get up again and not talk at the floor.
"Give me a second I just wanna see if she texted you" Hyewon explained calmy and sat down next to her "You didn't even look at that, did you?"
Yena remains silent. Still facing the carpet she landed on. 
"Idiot" Hyewon wispers with a smile not visible for Yena.
She had opened the new chat:

[unknown number]

- [picture of the note]
- 'just' as in "only a little" or as the reason why you keep straring at me?
- want to explain it to me at the café near the school tomorrow?
- ;]
- Yuri

 

 

 

a/n
This took me a while but I figured out that trying to write something while beeing half asleep is not the qualitative best way, So I finally ended this drabble I began a week ago or something after sitting nearly everyday infront of it and doing nothing. Dunno but my mind was just "uuuuh where's my beeeed. I wannaa read others wooooork not miiiiine" 
But since I'll just have a religion exam on Monday and math +biologys finally over, I believe that some nice ideas (hopefully) will cross my mind in the next few days off.
Well I should stopp babbling and rather thank you for reading it! 
Thank you very much~
Have a nice day, night, time of your life and bye bye