Chapter 6

Hearts of The Heirs

"Tell me, why did I became so idiot yesterday until she ran away? I messed up even on the first encounter." Guanlin facepalmed in frustration at the thought of the day before.

Chenle on the other side didn't have much choice to say to the friend. The phone call clearly stated that Ryujin had a negative respond to Guanlin, at least on the first time.

"Maybe you should try again." Is this the best thing I could say? Guanlin looked up with hopeful eyes, it was somehow made Chenle felt uneasy, thinking about how Ryujin will react if she knows.

"I know right? I'll approach her again tomorrow and make sure no stutter!" 

-

After a morning class, Ryujin sat on a bench inside the campus area without a companion, just relaxed, let the sunshine shone through her face.

Until it gets blocked.

"Hey, let's watch movies with me tonight!" Guanlin's voice echoed much to her dislike. She squinted her eyes at the tickets that blocked her sunshine.

"What? Just why would I do that?"

"Because I will pick you up to make sure you're going. Period." With that, he dashed out with smile on his face. "Damn, why does random people keep popped out into my life? And how does he knows where I live?" Ryujin grumbled nonetheless without moving an inch on the bench.

"Actually, I kinda told him a bit of it this morning." Sure, why hasn't she thinks about this black hole? "Jeon Somi, if I had no intention of relaxation right now, I might pull out your hair with no mercy. How could you told him about my address?" Somi looked uneasy even though she didn't find it really matters.

"Well, I know I should have the permission first, in which you'll never give, but he pleaded me this morning so being the kind person I was, I told him that. The good thing is, you finally going on a date, and I can go somewhere with Chenle." Ryujin furrowed her brows at the last sentence.

"What is this? A conspiracy?"

"A double date!" Somi beamed with her friend rolled her eyes. "Make it triangle date, I'll pass."

"Why not?"

"I have no reason to go and I have no reason to leave my bed."

"Oh whatever, he'll pick you up anyway. I'll find Chenle." Somi left with Ryujin watched her back wondered why would she randomly out with Chenle. Speaking of which, why bother to find him in person if she had his number?

"Hello?"

"Chenle."

"Hey."

"Where are you now?"

"I'm in library but I'm leaving to go home soon. Do you need something?"

"Since you're asking, I need just a little bit of your help today. Do you mind?"

"No, you can tell me. I'm not doing anything today."

"Well..."

-

The night came by, after managed to get Chenle to the so-called double date, Somi chose to visit Ryujin first to make sure she didn't rolled up on the bed and dressed up. "Watching movies goes well with jeans, what's with the dress? Put that down!" Literally dressing her friend.

"Ryujin, stupid. Watching movies is just the wrapper, you have to anticipate the sweetness inside! Listen to me." But Ms. Shin were in total refusal against the idea.

"Somi, idiot. Who the hell going to movies wearing a dress?! If it's not jeans then let me have another pants! That or I'm going to bed for real." Somi heaved a sigh. "Fine, rascal. You win, so let's get going."

"The more I think about it, the more I'm sure that you have a conspiracy with that guy against me."

"Woah, 9 years of friendship and now you accused me for a conspiracy. Stop it, Ryujin don't tell me this is the end." Somi held her chest with one hand on her head dramatically. Ryujin couldn't spare her any glance as she wants to get rid the idiot in front of her.

"Just go to the movies first, I want to call my parents."

"Huh? Why now-"

"Go. I'll be there." Sure enough after Somi left, Ryujin called someone.

"Meet me at BHC half an hour from now."

-

Chenle glanced around the place the moment he arrived. "Why you suddenly asked me to go to this chicken restaurant? I thought you supposed to be in the movies with Guanlin. I have to meet Somi-ssi-"

"I supposed to, but those two should be aware of my rejections from the beginning. I asked you to told your friend to go ahead so he doesn't need to force me to going somewhere I didn't want. As for Somi, well she's my friend, but she have to listen to me better. Shortly, you don't need to go there because they might be having their own date now." Ryujin explained casually while flipped the menu. Chenle puzzled at the words she said.

"Date?"

"What did Somi said to you?" The boy blinked confusedly. "She said she needs my help to review a film that she-"

"Screw that. You can't just go around believing people or accept to help them randomly. Now sit." He shrugged, still unaware of the situations.

"Am I counted as lied to my friend? It doesn't feel right, it feels like I snatched you away from him." Ryujin rolled her eyes, almost couldn't believe on what she heard.

"First, I'm surprised enough that there's still someone have ways of thinking like you. Second, I'm not his, duh. Just stop thinking differently and dig in! It's my treat." Chenle saw the foods that has been served, chickens with many side dishes without rice.

"If you haven't seen this before then I'll introduce you. This is one chicken with half with cheese seasoning and the other half is spicy seasoned. The side dishes has cheese balls, cheese sticks and sotteok or sausage and tteok in skewers." Ryujin explained diligently while pointed at each foods, Chenle smiled brightly at her.

"You've always happy when it comes to foods."