Chapter 5

Hearts of The Heirs

Chenle stayed in library after finished his class, he didn't have any more class that day but decided to came home later. His friend, Lai Guanlin accompanied him this time.

"Chenle, where are you going after this?" Guanlin asked his friend who were scribbled on his notes. "Hmm, just straight to home. Why? Want to come?"

"No, I thought you will going with that girl from medical department." Chenle looked up from his books. "Ryujin? No, I don't meet her today."

"Do you like her?" At this question Guanlin asked, Chenle blinked in confusion.

"Like?" It was like he knew her only yesterday -although he saw her a few times before- but what kind of like is this anyway?

"Like as in likee.. a boy to a girl."

"Hmmm, no? Not yet? Not sure? I don't know."

"I see. Don't think too much, dude." Guanlin chuckled.

"Why'd you asked suddenly?" Chenle closed his notes and packed up his bag as he asked curiously. Guanlin cleared his throat then announced slowly.

"Actually, I've took an interest on Shin Ryujin since last year."

-

Ryujin were just out from the clinic when a guy's voice called her name. It was hard for her to turn around and face some random people but it was harder to find a way out.

"Yes?"

"Uhh, hi? I'm Lai Guanlin, Chenle's friend." He introduced himself meanwhile the girl wondered why he did that.

"Okay, then what is it?" Ryujin almost couldn't hold herself to run away as the guy stuttered.

"Uhm, i-it's just t-that I want to... A-ask if y-you h-have any.. p-plan today?"

"Plan? What about it?" Did a random stuttered guy just ask her out?

"If n-nothing t-then c-can I..."

"Can I go first? Sorry, I'm in hurry." She turned back on her heels at him and didn't even let him reply nor finish his sentence. She just thought it was too pointless for her stay there.

In a safe distance she dialed a number and it answered after two rings. 

"Hello?"

"Zhong Chenle did you know someone named Lai... Who is it again? Duh." 

"Lai Guanlin? He's my friend. You met him?"

"Sort of. He encountered me then asked to going out, but well it was so creepy to accept."

"I see. You want me to say something to him?"

"Yes pleaseeee..." 

"But how? He said to me that he had been interested in you for a year or so, how do I say your perspective to him?"

Ryujin stopped whatever she did after Chenle spoke.

"What?!" He put away his phone after the unexpected squeak. She was huffed on the other line.

"Uhm, so what's next?"

"Nothing, don't tell him that I called you." Then the line goes off. Chenle were confused on what happened and how to react. His college friend with his longtime friend? He shrugged.

-

Ryujin told Somi everything happened with the random Chinese guy on the day before. "Then? Why didn't you go out with him? Is he handsome?" Somi commented casually while Ryujin regretted to heard it.

"He. Is. A. Stranger. Am I doing some blind date or what? And I was creeped out, how could I stare at his face?"

"Then? What are you gonna do if he encounters you later?" Ryujin scoffed. "I'll run."

"And he will chase you again and again." Ryujin stared at her friend suspiciously. "Spill it if you want to say something-"

"Just tell him you like someone."

"Helpfully." The sentence continued with no soul. "