Chapter 3

Hearts of The Heirs

 

"Ryujin, I think I've decided on something." Somi pulled her friend from the library to a bench with beam on her face. "What is that? Do I even need to know?" Interest didn't showed even a bit.

"You know your friend Chenle? I think I'm his fan now." The smiles on Somi's face just made her friend gave such a look. "What is this nonsense are you telling me now? Is he even a celebrity?"

"I'm not sure, but I found a few videos of him during his childhood singing beautifully, it was uploaded years ago and I regretted not to found it earlier. Can you imagine it? Beautiful smiles, voice, cute face argh!" She even squealed in which Ryujin rolled her eyes.

"Get a hold of yourself, you looked like an old hag." Somi ignored that.

"So when are we hang out together? I mean with Chenle." She beamed but the friend just looked at her quizzically. "Just why would we hang out with him? Even if I ever going somewhere with him, I won't let you tag along anyway."

"WHYYY?!!"

"Just because." Somi let out a huff.

"Fine, I'll just bring him myself. Alone." Ryujin shrugged. "Suit yourself.

Days later, Ryujin pursed her lips into a thin line as she saw rains poured outside after she got out of the class. She planned to go home early that day -since Somi had more classes- but then she had to wait in the library until the rain stopped. Or so she thought, until someone called out her name on her way to the library.

"Ryujin? Oh, I found you." She was slightly surprised, both because of the figure and the claim.

"You were looking for me?" Chenle nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes, I arrived here a while ago but I couldn't find you easily no matter how many times I toured the campus. At that time I just realized that I didn't have your number, but I saw you just now so I ran to called you out." He explained while catched up his breath. It was somewhat cute, but Ryujin noticed that his hair and coat were quite wet from the rain. "Did you came all the way here when it was raining?" 

"Hmm, maybe it was around 50-100 meters until I reached the gate when the rain poured then I ran fast to arrived. It's just my coat that gets wet, my clothes is fine." He took off his coat when he felt something rubbed his head.

Chenle looked up to saw Ryujin tried to drying his hair with a handkerchief. "This isn't much help, but the water will get reduced." He grinned and thanked her.

"But seriously why are you here? Moreover looking for me?" She asked again because she didn't get it why he came there. "Well, I want to meet you and going somewhere."

"Suddenly? Where?" It was so unexpected for her, and she would reject it if she didn't considered his sacrifice just to met her in campus.

"How about books and something warm? If you agree, whether it was bookstore or library, you choose." She nodded nonchalantly. "Then it's bookstore, I want to see the new releases. But why books suddenly?" She asked in slight curious in which Chenle replied with a smile.

"Well, I like books and I remembered you said you did too."