Chapter 2

Hearts of The Heirs

A week later in Hongdae, Ryujin and Somi did hangout after classes. "Maybe he's your fan or secret admirer." Somi commented while munched on her food. "That's a big nonsense. He might be a creep like you." 

Ryujin, who couldn't do a proper respond on yesterday's encounter with the stranger guy, kept on telling Somi her disbelief on the guy's gut. 

"Excuse you, madam. This face is totally not a style of a creep and I'm more like a secret admirer just so you know." The half-Canadian says proudly while pointed on her face. "That won't be a secret if you ogling at him like ."

"Shin Ryujin how dare you.." Somi were about to pull her friend's hair when Ryujin widened her eyes and shushed her voice.

"What the hell Somi, it's him! White skin, foreigner's face, wearing maroon hoodie." Somi wandered her eyes until landed on a particular person who were holding a tray of hot pot.

"Are you being serious? That's not even a guy, it's a cute boy. What's his name again?" Ryujin gave a weird look. "You're not supposed to ogling at this one. How would I remember his name? Was it Zhong-"

"Mr. Zhong! Zhong-ssi!" What the .

Zhong Chenle were just a few steps away from his table when he stopped after heard his surname being called by an unknown voice. Then he saw a stranger girl raised her hand while called him and waved crazily when he looked at her. He was confused at first but then noticed a figure in front the waving girl. A facepalmed Shin Ryujin. The confusion turned into amusement as he walked up to them.

"Are you calling me?" He asked politely although the answer were obvious.

"Yes, please sit down and just eat here with us. My friend here said that she had seen you before but only remembered a bit of your name. Oh, and she talked about you quite often recently." Jeon Somi were grinned ear to ear after her victory against the glaring Ryujin in between her fingers.

"Ah, yes. I approached her last week on campus, was it a bothersome? I'm sorry. My name is Zhong Chenle, by the way." Chenle showed a wide smile to them in which Somi seemed awed by it.

"Shin Ryujin, you should look at people's face when they talk to you." Somi mentally laughed so hard inside when her friend put her palms down in defeat. She opened after took a breath.

"Somi, I'll talk to you later." The said name took twenty seconds to understand the meaning. She stand up and stucked out her tongue mockingly.

"See you later, Chenle. Please be careful." Chenle nodded and waved with a smile.

"Zhong Chenle-ssi."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry about your name, but I didn't really appreciate on what you did last week. I mean you were just popped out of nowhere, mentioned your name, then 'see you later', left me in the dark." She complained with a serious tone, but even so the smile on Chenle's face never falters.

"I understand. Honestly, I was planning on talking to you more that day but my friend called me that my class were about to start, so I should hurry. I'm really sorry." Chenle looked at her softly in which she looked away.

"Okay, skip that. Next, is the most important. Who are you? Why are you suddenly appeared in front of me?" He took a spoon of his hot pot then spoke. "First, the reason for your why is because I want to be friends with you." She looked at him judgingly.

"And why is that?" He shrugged.

"Just because."

"You want me to accept you as my friend with that answer? You might be a total creep." Chenle let out a small laugh.

"Do I look like one?" She rolled her eyes. "Well, yes if that can make you say who you are. How did you know me?"

"We've met before."

"Sure, a week ago." Chenle shakes his head.

"Nope, eight years ago. In case you remember." Ryujin squinted her eyes.

"First, I'm not sure if it's true. Second, you don't seem familiar to me."

"More hint?" She nodded even though she wasn't sure if she could remember him.

"Vienna." She tilted her head tried to recalls what happened in Vienna eight years ago. After ten seconds she looked back at him gave a challenging stare.

"Where exactly?" Chenle took a breath.

"Let me just say it to you. A concert in Vienna, a Chinese boy who sang 'Memory', you met him on the backstage with your parents and took a photo. I still have it, though." Ryujin stared blankly at him while processed on what she heard.

No way.

Without warning, she took his wrist and literally dragged him away to a nearby park. She need to confirm on what he said because it was so hard to believe. A person she met years ago suddenly appeared out of nowhere? She's so gonna sue him if it was a lie.

"How can you guarantee that it was you?" Chenle pulled out his phone then showed a photo of a boy and a girl along with their parents to her. "Do you familiar with the girl here?"

It was the exact same photo with the one she had. Ryujin remembered all the things he said, but it was just too hard to believe.

"I remembered you were so cheerful and full of smiles. I see that you've grown up." He reminiscent the memories while looked at the photo. Her eyes softened when she finally convinced that he was the singer boy she met that time.

"Then how did you found me? How could you knew that I was that girl?"

"Well, I just did. That would be too much information. We'll get to know each other better from now onwards." Ryujin shrugged. "Fair enough."

"Let's be friends."